Forum Name: Off Topic
Forum Discription: Anything non-Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8477
Printed Date: September-29-2024 at 5:24pm

Topic: amish upholstery
Posted By: eric lavine
Subject: amish upholstery
Date Posted: September-21-2007 at 10:34am
I found some other Dutchies in the same area as the other guys and recently looked at some of thier finished work on a 28ft century, they did the 2 front seats, the gunnel pads, and the rear seats including replacing the wood and the foam and charged the guy $500.00, i would put there work against any that i have ever seen, It truly is top qaulity even using high qaulity zippers. And to boot they made him a mooring cover from sunberella from the glass back and that was $300.00 which pissed me off because i gave a guy a deal on a trans and he only as he said... am only charging you $585.00 for your mooring cover.the Amish double stitched and used heavier thread and was twice the quality of mine.
here is the number and address Jim:
Millers tarp shop, 75 TR391, Sullivan, Ohio 44880-9724    419-651-5116

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Replies:
Posted By: 87BFN owner
Date Posted: September-21-2007 at 6:28pm
Thanks Eric, do you know who I should talk to? Is Miller the guy's name?

-------------

Posted By: jon4pres
Date Posted: September-21-2007 at 8:00pm
They have a phone??

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1801&yrstart=1976&yrend=1980 - 82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas

Date Posted: September-21-2007 at 8:36pm
they have a cell phone. Not a house phone and it's only for business purposes..

-------------

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: September-21-2007 at 8:54pm
also do not call on sundays..they wont answear, nor do biz on that special day...thanks, gonna have some seats fixed up this winter..

name is jim

Date Posted: September-22-2007 at 11:48am
also keep your eyes of thier woman..
Jonas Miller is his name, there is a couple different guys within the same area. just call him Mr. Miller and you cant go wrong

-------------

Posted By: pswann
Date Posted: September-23-2007 at 2:25am
Do they deal with shipping or can I just send it to you eric? I really would like to get an excellent interior into this american skier but around here you have quality and then you have cheap. You cannot get the two to meet or at least I havent. Im not paying thousands for a interior of such a small boat.

Posted By: gn6027
Date Posted: September-27-2007 at 10:59am
Miller's have done some work for me (cover repair and custom bimini), and I can vouch for their work. Top notch, and real reasonable.

Glen

-------------
GN6027
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2562 - 1987 Ski Nautique 2001

Date Posted: September-27-2007 at 3:50pm
I need to take my back seat and sun deck pads to get recovered, I'll wait till i pull the boat here in the next couple weeks.
Glen, your right Ive seen alot of thier work and as i said they made a mooring cover for this guy and it was twice the quality of the guy that did mine and half the cost

-------------

Posted By: Geno
Date Posted: September-28-2007 at 4:41pm
I mauy get him to do some skins for mine this winter. Is there any way he could make a cover without having the boat there?

Date Posted: September-28-2007 at 6:57pm
i doubt it unless you have some old ones to go by, I plan on making one trip and taking alot of things with me, anyone that needs something done we can set a date to have all the stuff here at my shop and I'll go out and work something out with him and let him give me an iron clad completion date, i find the bigger the bill the more someone wants to get it done, so if anyone has interest of having something done please post the request and then we;ll go from there. I know James Bragg's has had some interest in getting his interior done and Im sure there would be some type of group discount. I vouge for these guys they do professional work and alot of times better work then I've seen on some new boats (not CC's)

-------------

Posted By: Randy_in_Ohio
Date Posted: October-01-2007 at 2:24am
Eric,

Amish Joe did me real good last year, remember?
I had the bottom of the spotters seat and the bottom of the drivers seat done for $75.00, two chickens and a cow.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1602&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995" rel="nofollow - 1993 Sport Nautique

Posted By: 69 Mustang
Date Posted: October-01-2007 at 2:43am
Eric,

I would love to have front and rear seats done as well as a heavy-duty cover made. I also have the interior of my other (brand name deleted to protect the innocent)ski boat that I would like to have done - driver seat, L-shaped observer seat and back seat.

I'm planning on bringing you the SkiTique the weekend of Oct 13-14, but that is me assuming either of those days will work for you. My plan is to start the drive from DC Friday night and get as close as I can so I can drop the boat off before noon on Saturday the 13th. Will that work for you? If not, I can swap the Johnson City, Tennessee trip that is planned for Oct 7-8 (Sunday - Monday - Columbus Day).

Thanks,
Mike

-------------
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937

Date Posted: October-01-2007 at 10:28am
Mike, one of these weekends i have to get my boat and camper, if its that saturday i'll leave from there (my shop) im sure will talk before then

-------------

Date Posted: October-01-2007 at 8:36pm
eric- wanna take a few seats for me too..

Date Posted: October-02-2007 at 2:13am
Thanks Eric, I'll give you a call the next day or two.

Looks like the TN trip is confirmed Oct 7-8. I don't want to hang you up, I just want to get it to you before the salt hits the pavement.

Thanks,
Mike

-------------

Date Posted: October-02-2007 at 10:19am
Ryan, we could make it a Saturday trip, maybe we can get Randy out too, if his wife will let him, we know she calls the shots.
Mike, call anytime, people call and they think they are bothering me, Im like the Boat doc, i'll sit on the phone for hours and shoot the sh*t

-------------

Date Posted: October-02-2007 at 7:16pm
Eric looks like I will be bringing the interior of my uncle's 90 with me so let me know when you plan on going down there.

-------------

Date Posted: October-02-2007 at 10:34pm
sounds good eric- let me know when and im game!

Posted By: Randy_in_Ohio
Date Posted: October-06-2007 at 5:03am
Eric,

Eleven years of marriage, and I still have my balls attached, and... I still call the shots!

I could ride out with you guys, let me know.

Hey Ryan, did you find out if that amp is still good? Give me a call this weekend and give me an update.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1602&yrstart=1991&yrend=1995" rel="nofollow - 1993 Sport Nautique

Date Posted: October-06-2007 at 12:38pm
As old Sam would say, you have to leave your balls at home if your going out with the boys

-------------

Date Posted: October-12-2007 at 4:34pm
Eric,

Have you decided when your going down to Miller's tarp shop yet.

-------------

Date Posted: October-12-2007 at 7:37pm
eric- you charging these guys mileage..we get 40 cents a mile, and anything out of our disctrict is paid hrly on top of that..

Date Posted: October-13-2007 at 11:54am
they do take UPS i would imagine,a call down there might help, Ryan i will inflate the charge to $1.20 a mile on jobs and sure as sh*t the surveyor or adjuster will knock me down to what i normally charge. per mile which is .80
They work for the insurnace companies and they go back to thier bosses and tell them i got the guy to do the job cheaper...it makes them feel good lol
James, looks like sometime in November, I have a couple more big jobs i need to start and finish, Im still reaping the benefits of my best friend......shallow water lol

-------------

Posted By: gn6027
Date Posted: October-15-2007 at 11:40pm
I was down to Miller's last Saturday for a nip and tuck on my cover. Sam took care of me just as always.

I asked if you guys had been there, and obviously you hadn't.

When I asked, Sam said that his brother, Aaron is doing the vinyl work now. I guess Aaron has his shop just down the road a little.

Good luck!!

-------------
GN6027
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2562 - 1987 Ski Nautique 2001

Date Posted: October-16-2007 at 10:31am
these guys are all in the same general area, GN , if you get a chance post some pictures when they get it done

-------------

Date Posted: October-16-2007 at 8:57pm
November sounds good Eric, I will give you a call later this month to set something up.

-------------

Date Posted: October-29-2007 at 7:08pm
eric- if we go in nov im i gonna have them ready for spring time!

Date Posted: November-15-2007 at 10:50pm
Eric,

Did you go yet? I was hoping to get out there this weekend, maybe even tomorrow. Are you getting snow like Accuweather is reporting? I'd rather not pull the trailer through snow.

Thanks,
Mike

-------------

Date Posted: November-15-2007 at 11:14pm
it was slick on the way home tonight, i have not went yet.

-------------

Date Posted: November-15-2007 at 11:20pm
How is Saturday looking? I'll give you a call in the morning.

-------------

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: November-16-2007 at 12:41am
Hey Mike! Haven't seen you here for awhile. Getting close to December. What are the plans for stopping here for your trailer?

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Date Posted: November-18-2007 at 11:10am
eric- shoot me the guys info on the shop..gonna drop a few rear cushions off so i can have them by spring time..

Date Posted: November-18-2007 at 11:11am
nm, i got it off the first post...need anything dropped off, or do you still want to go..let me know im gonna drop them off aft thursday..

Date Posted: November-18-2007 at 11:42am
Ryan, the info is at the beginning of the thread, see if you can get ahold of him and call me this week
eric

-------------

Date Posted: November-18-2007 at 6:33pm
Eric I am having terrible luck trying to get my boat down there. I lost my voice at work saturday morning, so I spent the day at home doing nothing but trying to sleep. So I have not had a chance to winterize the boat. So it looks like I will be there on Tuesday morning. I will have to get up Monday morning and winterize the boat, then bring it down on Tuesday. Wife won't let me leave the house today.

-------------

Date Posted: November-19-2007 at 12:09am
eric- yea i will try to call them tomm aft work.. if and when i get a hold of them i will give you a buzz..like to drop them off friday since i got the day off

Date Posted: November-27-2007 at 12:11am
Eric did you and Randy already go and make the drop off?

-------------

Date Posted: November-27-2007 at 2:38am
eric; Did Mike drop off his boat on Saturday? I have been trying to contact him and am getting nowhere. Was just wondering if he is ok and showed up at your place. Long drive from the DC area.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: November-27-2007 at 10:32am
No, and no

-------------

Date Posted: November-27-2007 at 6:24pm
Eric any chance you can call me before you and Randy go down there? I would like the center coushin on the back seat to go down there and be redone.

-------------

Date Posted: November-27-2007 at 9:18pm
eric; Did he call? He hasn't retuned my phone messages or e-mail...so if he did not call you either after stating in his post that he'd be there saturday the 17th...something must be up.

Thanks;
john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: November-27-2007 at 11:21pm
no, havnt heard from him, hopefully he is allright
Jim, yes, when we do go I'll take it

-------------

Date Posted: November-27-2007 at 11:26pm
Thanks again eric.

Saw on another thread that you and Pete are getting famous.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: November-28-2007 at 1:42pm
I think i would rather be famous from my work in the old black and white REMOVE films we use to watch on the bedroom walls thru a super 8

-------------

Date Posted: November-28-2007 at 7:14pm
Thanks Eric

-------------

Date Posted: November-29-2007 at 1:08am
eric: Don't think I'd touch that one with either hand.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: December-03-2007 at 9:54pm
do these people answear their phones ever????

Date Posted: December-04-2007 at 1:07am
No it's plug into his horse recharging. Just kidding not sure why they wont answer the phone.

-------------

Date Posted: December-08-2007 at 8:19pm
ok..i finally got a hold of them..dropped off 2 rear cushions and the back piece to my drivers seat...all done with the correct craft logo for cheap..im talking dirt cheap..seems like these guys know what they are doing..they must have had 12-18 boats at their place along with all the people like myself..i was pretty amazed for the amish dudes..anyways i figured id give you guys a heads up on wait time..aaron said he wont be able to touch mine until the first week of feb..there were prob. 5-6 people the came in aft me, so im sure its only gonna gte worse..if your gonna get something done id do it todayor tomm if you want it back before may..

Date Posted: December-08-2007 at 11:21pm
Eric,
Any chance my rear cushoin went down there with Ryan?

-------------

Date Posted: December-09-2007 at 2:43pm
no,
Ryan call me when youget a chance
eric

-------------

Date Posted: December-09-2007 at 3:00pm
shoot me a home or cell eric

Date Posted: December-09-2007 at 8:20pm
Eric,
Ok then, please don't send it down with out talking to me first then. I definitely would rather have a functional torn seat, then be with out one.

-------------

Posted By: Geno
Date Posted: December-13-2007 at 4:56pm
Turn around is too long for me.

-------------

Date Posted: December-24-2007 at 4:34pm
Finally was able to make the trip to Fantastic Finish. 6 hour run from Maryland and the trip was no problem.

For the guys who have not met Eric or seen his shop, let me tell you he is a great guy in person and has a really cool shop. There was a pretty sweet Barefoot Nautique there, don't know if it is someone from CCF, forgot to ask.

Eric - thanks for taking the boat, looking forward to getting back out there when it is finished.

Mike

-------------

Print Page | Close Window