Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8876
Printed Date: September-24-2024 at 2:57pm

Topic: Graphics
Posted By: adamt
Subject: Graphics
Date Posted: November-02-2007 at 4:15am
I know this has been asked countless times, but does anyone know where I can go on the web to get these... Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: November-02-2007 at 6:33am
Here's the link to my thread. The "since 1925" decals that you find on line aren't the proper size. I had them reproduced and still have plenty of them.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5855&KW=8122pbrainard - Larger "since" decals

Here's the link to the thread that explains what I went through and found out that the ones on line are too small.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5368&KW=decals - White virgin gel color under original large decals

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: 75 Tique
Date Posted: November-02-2007 at 10:40am

Here is an option
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CORRECT-CRAFT-Boat-Decal-sticker-SET-OF-SHIELD-Decals_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6755QQihZ005QQitemZ4606950452QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V - full set on ebay

I got a set last spring. Happy with result.

-------------

Date Posted: November-02-2007 at 10:55am
Adam. The link that 75 provided is the set I started with and I wasn't happy! I wouldn't have spent all the money on getting the "since" decal made from scratch if I was. I'm not saying this just to get rid of the ones I had made but just want you to read the threads carefully.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: November-02-2007 at 11:21am
Adam,

I support what Pete is saying. I can not vouch if the full set is historically accurate or exactly the right size, just put it up as an option for you. In saying I was happy with them, I was saying that they came as represented and went on well and look ok and seemed to match the old ones (which I know were not original because the boat had been painted)

Not a great picture of them, but best I've got right now. But you get the idea of scale.

-------------

Date Posted: November-02-2007 at 11:27am
Larry, In my case, it really wasn't the size problem because no one would ever notice the smaller new one being different than the original (not even me!!). It was a problem with the light color of the virgin gel coat under it. I could not even blend it in with wet sanding and buffing!. Had the same issue on the transom when I removed the boat name from the PO. That I ended up having to re gel the whole transom to fix!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: November-02-2007 at 11:41am
Pete,

I actually had a few minutes of heartburn when I redid mine. As I said, the boat had been painted by a PO. When I pulled the old faded stickers off, quite a bit of paint came with them to expose gray primer underneath. I don't know, maybe he put the stickers on when the paint was still wet. I was sick when it happened as it extended beyond the edge of the stickers. Also the old stickers had a clear border and the new ones don't and the new ones were the size of the colored section only of the old ones. My boat is not a show piece by any means but I was hoping on a reasonable fix. I lucked out with a one in a million shot; some off the shelf spray paint was a virtually exact match.
Like I said, my boat is not a show piece, but you have to get awfully darn close to see the fix.

-------------

Date Posted: November-02-2007 at 6:29pm
Thanks for the info. This is actually the first boat I've ever had. It a 73 Skier, I bought it at the beginning of the summer to take the kids out on the water. It is far from a show boat, but people sure do take notice of it when we're out. The guy I bought it from painted it with automotive paint, but the boat serves it's purpose. I see that the Skier came originally with a simple pinstripe and didn't even have these stickers but I've always liked the look of them. Basically just looking for an inexpensive way to add a little color to the boat. Any suggestions???

Date Posted: November-02-2007 at 6:40pm

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: November-02-2007 at 7:00pm
Adam,

We're anxious to see photos of your boat. 2 ways to upload. Obviously you have figured out one of them.

If the photo is under 200kb just click on the tree with the arrow next to it above the message box you are working in and follow directions.

If its a bigger image, upload it to Photobucket and follow the directions there. There are detailed instructions at the top post in the Off Topic thread.

-------------

Date Posted: November-03-2007 at 3:13am

Thar she be!!!

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: November-03-2007 at 9:00am
Adam, I think the Skier looks great. I'm sure you have and will enjoy it.
In the early 70's CC was putting only the USA flag banner sticker on to my knowledge most of the models. It was the Tique and the Nautique that got all three from about the mid 70's into the 80's. I'd have to go through our ref section to try and pin down exact years but even doing that may be a problem. CC is not noted for their consistency plus the pictures used may not be year correct!
All I'm getting at is maybe just the flag? I'm just bringing up some CC history here!!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: November-04-2007 at 3:14am

Yeah, 73 brochure shows no decals at all, appears to be a single stripe all the way around, that's it if I want to stay original I guess!!!

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: November-04-2007 at 9:54pm
Welcome Adam. Sweet little boat.

Looks like "FL" numbers. Where abouts are you?

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Date Posted: November-05-2007 at 12:28am

Orlando, 20 miles north of Disney World. We go out on the Butler Chain of Lakes in Windermere.

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: November-09-2007 at 2:58am

The look of the SkiTique is what I'm going for, nothing too flashy, but classic.
LARRY: I noticed in your diary that you have no graphics or words on the stern, was there a reason for this?
I'm sorry if these questions seem stupid, but most of my questions will be. When I say this is my first boat, I really mean it, my parents never had a boat, and I don't remember every even knowing anyone who has ever owned a boat. So CCFan is the closest thing I have to a friend with a boat!!! I'm pretty sure that I'll be asking more stupid questions, and I appreciate any help you can give.
Thanks again,
Adam
Another dumb question, where would I find or go to find the words "Correct Craft" in the proper script, if I decide to put it on the sides near the back?

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: November-09-2007 at 3:09am

Here's my favorite picture of her. A beautiful day on the lake

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: November-09-2007 at 3:25am

Another stupid question, keep in mind that your dealing with someone that knows nothings about boats!!!
Two of the three blades of the prop have some damage. Does this effect performance, speed, etc, or does it effect it enough to warrant paying to get if fixed. How much would something like this cost to be done right?

Thanks for your help

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: November-09-2007 at 10:01am
Adam, The Nibral (nickel, brass, aluminum) prop is very repairable. Find a prop repair shop in your area if you can but avoid taking it to a marina. They will simply send it to the prop shop and then tack on a "handling" charge. The damage to your prop will affect performance but because it is minimal the worst will be vibration and some loss in speed. I'm not exactly sure of current costs because I haven't needed a repair in years. I do seem to remember in another thread someone mentioning $150 to $175 but I may be wrong. You will need a prop or gear puller to get it off it's taper.

The CC script that you posted, is that out of the Zip file in our ref section? You can take the file to a vinyl sign shop and they can reproduce it for you. There are lots of "quick" sign shops around but they have a tendency to be cheap and use cheap vinyl that doesn't have the life (UV protection) so be sure to ask. Your best bet is to have it made in 3M Scotchcal.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: November-09-2007 at 10:16am
Our site sponsor, Delta Prop, did A+ work for me. It was $15 to send from Georgia and $92 for the bill and return shipping. Your's may cost a bit more to fix as the damage to mine was only visable on the workbench, but it was nice work.

Less than 2 weeks roundtrip

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Posted By: Tim D
Date Posted: November-09-2007 at 11:46am
I can cut the script out for you. I would go with Oracal 851 vinyl, black has 10 year and color has 8 year. Or go with Avery A9, 9 year on all colors.

-------------
Tim D

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: November-09-2007 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by adamt adamt wrote:

The look of the SkiTique is what I'm going for, nothing too flashy, but classic.

In my opinion, I dont think you should do that. Tiques are very cool boats, but the Skier is a beautiful boat in its own right. Since Pete is dropping the ball here, Ill be the one to vote for keeping it original! Not a lot of 71-73 Skiers around- Im a huge fan of them.

-------------

Date Posted: November-09-2007 at 2:10pm
Adam, Tim is correct that I did drop the ball!! I'm very much noted as the keep it original person here , so I'd say buff it up and don't put the CC script on it!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: November-09-2007 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I'd say buff it up and don't put the CC script on it!

Id say add the metal (or chromed plastic) Correct Craft script emblems- those would have been original. Maybe add a water line stripe, as the boat probably had one originally. Pat's Skier looks great:

-------------

Date Posted: November-09-2007 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Id say add the metal (or chromed plastic) Correct Craft script emblems- those would have been original. Maybe add a water line stripe, as the boat probably had one originally. Pat's Skier looks great:

Tim, I think they would be the white plastic with black letters? Are you testing me???
Adam, What year is it? A 72?

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: November-09-2007 at 2:40pm

Tim, I think they would be the white plastic with black letters? Are you testing me???
Adam, What year is it? A 72?

Of course it was a test! Actually, I didnt realize CC switched to the plastic that early- it appears '71 was the last year for the metal emblems, judging by the brochures. Tough to say what year Adams boat is- they look the same from 71-73.

-------------

Date Posted: November-11-2007 at 1:43am
Pete: Thanks for all your help. She's a 1973, I posted the picture from the 73 Brochure above, And I, too was a little surprised you weren't telling me to keep it original based on other postings I've read!!!

Tim: I can't tell from the brochure picture, are you saying that it's not vinyl on the side, that in fact it's a plastic emblem?!?
Where the heck am I going to find one of those?!? I already replaced the missing step pads, but I couldn't find white ones, so I got black.

Another question if you don't mind...I'm looking to get a spare tire for the trailer, do I have to get a full sized one or can I go with a smaller one as long as the lug pattern is correct? The reason I ask is because I'm on a shoestring budget and a full size is $60.00+ and I can get a smaller one that fits for $25.
Thanks again,
Adam

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: November-11-2007 at 1:59am

Tim: I can't tell from the brochure picture, are you saying that it's not vinyl on the side, that in fact it's a plastic emblem?!?
Where the heck am I going to find one of those?!? I already replaced the missing step pads, but I couldn't find white ones, so I got black.

Another question if you don't mind...I'm looking to get a spare tire for the trailer, do I have to get a full sized one or can I go with a smaller one as long as the lug pattern is correct? The reason I ask is because I'm on a shoestring budget and a full size is $60.00+ and I can get a smaller one that fits for $25.
Thanks again,
Adam

Yes- the Correct Craft emblems on a '73 were plastic. Pete says the ones from http://shopwhitelake.com/cocrnaem.html - White Lake are the same, just a different color. They can be painted white like the originals.

Out of curiousity, were you able to find black Correct Craft step pads, or generic ones? If CC, where did you get them?

I dont think you'll want to be mixing and matching tire sizes, especially on a single axle trailer. If you ever get a flat, you might be wishing you spent the extra $35.

-------------

Posted By: 87BFN owner
Date Posted: November-11-2007 at 2:21pm
The full size spare on a trailer is a must.

Pete I was a little suprised myself when you were not the first person to tell Adam to keep it original. I too like the boat the way it is, looks sweet. Put the water stripe on it and be done.

-------------

Posted By: boat dr
Date Posted: November-11-2007 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by 87BFN. Put the water stripe on it and be done.[/QUOTE 87BFN. Put the water stripe on it and be done.[/QUOTE wrote:

Not to be Mr. Know All, but that thing is cal

Not to be Mr. Know All, but that thing is called a "BOOT TOP " As was corrected when I called Petit for my paint, as there is a special paint for that application........

-------------
boat dr

/diaries/details.asp?ID=4631 - 1949 Dart
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1533 - 1964 American Skier

Date Posted: November-11-2007 at 3:17pm
Doc, The boot top Petit paint isn't special. It's the packaging! They sell it in the half pint cans because you don't need very much!! It had me wondering way back what would be different with the paint. I then found out it was the size!

From the Petit web site:

Products > Topside Paint >Boot Top Paint >Boot Top Paint

Topside Paint      Boot Top colors are easy-brushing enamels in small convenient sizes. Use for Boot Tops, hull graphics and other accents. May also be sprayed with Thinner 121, if desired.
Part Number      Description      Size
1814712      Boot Top White 8147      HP      PDS      MSDS
1821612      Boot Top Blue 8216      HP      PDS      MSDS
1861412      Boot Top Red 8614      HP      PDS      MSDS
1882812      Boot Top Black 8828      HP      PDS      MSDS

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: boat dr
Date Posted: November-11-2007 at 9:38pm
That is not true Pete,the 8614 is different.This is the color I chose, and is only available in qts.or pints.And the desciptition states it as a boot top for below waterline.

-------------
boat dr

/diaries/details.asp?ID=4631 - 1949 Dart
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1533 - 1964 American Skier

Date Posted: November-12-2007 at 8:54am
Doc, Next time you or I talk to someone at Petit, we'll have to ask. I was told years ago that the boot top paints were the same as their "Shipndeck".(just in smaller cans) This of coarse was before Petit and Z-spar merged.

Here's the text from Petit describing the boot top. Note that it is not recommended for constant immersion.

"Pettit Boot-Top Enamels brushes on easily. This paint is ideally suited for detail work such as painting hull graphics and boot stripes. Boot-Top enamel provides excellent gloss and vibrant colors for superior visibility. The ease of application, seasonal durability and convenient sizes make this a great value compared to other enamel marine paints.
May be brushed or sprayed. Use Pettit Z-Spar T-8 paint and varnish thinner to thin for spraying. Not recommended for areas under constant immersion."

By the way, I know of no paint besides anti-fouling that is recommended for bottoms. Even the high end polys.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: November-13-2007 at 3:26am

Good Lord...A BOOT TOP...I just thought it was a vinyl pinstripe!!!
Pat's is indeed at the water line, but it appeared to me, looking at the brochure picture,
that the stripe was well above where the water would hit it.
Now I'm totally confused!?!?

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: November-13-2007 at 9:59am
Adam, Because I dropped the ball in my earlier post, I need to respond in a proper manner here! Pat's doesn't look original! There were a lot of years that CC didn't put boot stripes on. There were also lot's of inconsistencies. My first CC was a 70 red Barracuda with a boot stripe. My neighbor on the lake had the exact same red Barracuda that was purchased in the same summer and we always thought was the same year. It came from CC without the boot stripe! I even think both boats were delivered to Watercraft Sales on the same truck!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: November-13-2007 at 12:01pm

Pat's doesn't look original!

Ill bet you $10 that Pat's stripe is original!

Looks to be in the exact same place as the brochure to me. Notice that the boat in the brochure is on plane so the stripe looks further up than it would when the boat is resting in the water.

-------------

Date Posted: November-13-2007 at 6:06pm
We are comparing apples to oranges here. One boat is on plane the other is at rest in the water. But I think I agree with Pete on this I am not sure pat's stripe is in the original place. Look at the brochure pic, check the distance between the stripe and eyelet on the bow. Plus looks to be that Pat's stripe is a little further than halfway down the side and the back of the boat. I could be wrong, but I am just going off the comparing the two pics.

-------------

Posted By: Riley
Date Posted: November-13-2007 at 6:43pm
Hard to tell, either way, it's pretty high for a water line, or what ocean guys around here call a boot stripe.

Seems like most of the 60's fiberglass boats had white tape for a water line. Some had two stripes like the Barracuda or Wildcat. Some had one stripe like the Mustang, (although even some of those had 2).

What I want to know, did Correct Craft paint any of their stripes on the 60's boats, or were they all tape? I just noticed last week end that the stripe on my Mustang, (which is in good shape, is paint, and not tape.

Date Posted: November-13-2007 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by 87BFN owner 87BFN owner wrote:

We are comparing apples to oranges here. One boat is on plane the other is at rest in the water. But I think I agree with Pete on this I am not sure pat's stripe is in the original place. Look at the brochure pic, check the distance between the stripe and eyelet on the bow. Plus looks to be that Pat's stripe is a little further than halfway down the side and the back of the boat. I could be wrong, but I am just going off the comparing the two pics.

Im almost positive that the stripe's in the same spot. This pic will show where the stripe ends up in relation to the bow eye.

Pat's stripe isnt any further down than the brochure pic- youd be surprised how much boat there is below the waterline on the smaller CC's. Here's Reid's '73 Mustang (all original, same hull and stripe) for reference.

-------------

Date Posted: November-13-2007 at 7:10pm
The boot top on my 70 Barracuda was white vinyl tape. As far as Pats being original or in the original spot, we'll have to wait for him to comment. Pat, where are you?

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: November-14-2007 at 3:48am
In all fairness, I need to point out the Pat's Skier is a 1972 and the brochure picture is of the 1973.

But the only picture of the Skier in the 72 brochure only adds to the mystery!!!

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: November-14-2007 at 8:59am
Adam, Due to the many inconsistencies we find with the CC's (the 70 red Barracuda story I posted is a good one), plus the fact that common brochure pictures were used for several model years, you shouldn't worry too much. Has your boat been painted? The reason I ask is if you find any evidence of holes were the CC plastic tags would have been on the hull sides near the stern. I would safely say that you could get tags from White lake and paint the accent (not a boot top) stripe on the boat without the worry of it being non-original. It certanly would eliminate the "plain" look. If you get the black plastic tags, there is a simple painting proceedure to reproduce the original look. It has been posted but I'd be happy to go through it for you.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: November-14-2007 at 11:31am

Has your boat been painted?

The guy I bought it from painted it with automotive paint

-------------

Date Posted: November-14-2007 at 12:28pm
Tim, I've been meaning to ask: How do you get two quotes from different posts just like you did above. Do you just click on each "quote" icon in each of the posts?

Thanks by the way for pointing out that Adams boat has been painted. Missed it!

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: November-14-2007 at 12:45pm

Tim, I've been meaning to ask: How do you get two quotes from different posts just like you did above. Do you just click on each "quote" icon in each of the posts?

Thanks by the way for pointing out that Adams boat has been painted. Missed it!

I just copy/paste or edit the code.

Still waiting for Pat to chime in- I got to see his boat up close and it looks all original to me. Just the way I like it!

-------------

Date Posted: November-15-2007 at 3:57am
DrCC Wrote:If you are handy with a spray can and a rubber sanding block. You could have a pair exactly like these for under 40 dollars.

Here's how. Order new emblems from either Southeast or Midwest Correct Craft. Go to your local hardware store and buy 1 spray can of "Krylon Fusion" (Dover White) a 3M Rubber Sanding Block, 1 sheet of 400 grit, 1 sheet of 600 grit 3M Wet sand paper. Clean and spray emblems dover white. Let dry for over 24 hours. Wet sand lettering w/block, thru the white, thru the chrome, and wah-la, instant black on white emblems.

PETE: I checked back through the site for that technique that you mentioned, this is it right?
Sound like something even a simpleton like me can do !!! I'm going for it!!!
But I gotta tell ya, I'm really thinking of the American Waterski Assn decals, I really love that vintage look they have.
I see what you say, CC was not known for their consistancy, were they?!?

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: November-15-2007 at 8:55am
Adam, That's the technique. I would however change one thing. Use a hard block (piece of wood) for sanding the paint off the top of the letters. I feel it will give you a sharper edge between the white and the black. The softer rubber block has a tendency to sand over the edges of the lettering.

The USA banners were coming from the factory in the early 70's on a lot of the models (my 70 Barracuda had them) However, I believe it was only the Tiques and Nautiques that had the AWSA decals. It was only for I'd say 4 or so years as I believe it had to do with the AWSA sanctioning those two boats.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: November-15-2007 at 10:23am
Pete, do you know a guy named Frank, who supposedly publishes a Century magazine? I was talking with a guy out of Cincinnati who owns Sun n Fun marine, his name is Mike, and he restores old century's, actually he is the guy i did the dearbo for a few years back

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Date Posted: November-15-2007 at 10:55am
Sorry Eric I don't know him. Was he in the businees of restoration or was he doing his own boat? It sounds like he's been around for awhile but, on the other hand there are lots who have jumped into the "restoration" business in the past few years. It's why I always caution people who want a boat done to really do the research on whoever they are looking at.

Here's a late 50's Dearbo down angle. I'll bet everone here thinks PCM invented it!!! Not so!! It was rebuilt a couple years ago. Maybe it's the same one.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: November-15-2007 at 11:41am
thats identical to the one i rebuilt for Mike at sun in fun, its in a century, inovaters of the down angle???
Im doing Rileys now, its dam close to a BW on the spec sheet except for the input shaft, it does have its own oil pump unlike the one pictured which must run off engine oil pressure. i would think the boat companies approached ford engineering and they are the ones that came up with the dearbo...and then they were manufactured by company x, you know what i mean....

-------------

Date Posted: November-15-2007 at 11:54am
I did think Riley's was a later version and had it's own pump because he did said it had ATF in it.

The ones that ran off the engine oil had this dual cavity pump on the engine. One side for the engine lube and the other side for the trans.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: November-15-2007 at 12:19pm

I thought Riley's was a later version and had it's own pump because he said it had ATF in it.

Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Im doing Rileys now, it does have its own oil pump unlike the one pictured which must run off engine oil pressure.

-------------

Date Posted: November-15-2007 at 12:33pm

I thought Riley's was a later version and had it's own pump because he said it had ATF in it.

Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Im doing Rileys now, it does have its own oil pump unlike the one pictured which must run off engine oil pressure.

Tim, My wording was off! When I said "thought", I was confirming that Rileys had the self contained pump. The picture of the dual cav pump was just for Erik's benefit to show what the early versions were driven from.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: November-15-2007 at 12:45pm
I dont have my camera or i'd snap one, but it does have a pump which it is not a gear pump, it is ecentric with 7 springs and small puck like pieces, not vanes but the same principal as a vane pump...its pretty unique. you could easily drop a borg in place because the stack-up is the same, 4" flange, only thing is you would have to run a different damper

-------------

Date Posted: November-15-2007 at 6:55pm
Quick thread jack, Eric check your email tonight.

-------------

Date Posted: November-17-2007 at 9:53pm
Pat! We've been looking for you and just noticed you posted in another thread. I wanted to bring this back to the top in the hopes you would see it. We have been debating wether or not the accent strip on your boat is original and or in the original location. Several postings above are the pictures.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: November-23-2007 at 6:08pm

Out of curiousity, were you able to find black Correct Craft step pads, or generic ones? If CC, where did you get them?

Generic ones But in my defense, I purchased and installed them prior to knowing that CorrectCraftFan.com ever existed!!!But now I see the light!!!

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: November-25-2007 at 6:07pm
So would that make a reborn CC owner???

-------------

Date Posted: November-26-2007 at 2:30am
Yep, took the boat out yesterday for a run, it's been a month since we've been out. I'll have to change my tag line, could only get her to 42-43 mph.
It's the original speedo, and from some of the reading I've done, they're not so accurate anyway are they???
Who knows how fast/ slow I'm going?!? but it sure feels great!!!

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: November-26-2007 at 2:35am
Where is Pat anyway...how do I get his attention??? I still want to know if his "BOOT TOP" is in the original position!?!?

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Date Posted: November-26-2007 at 2:32pm
It's winter time for lots of us, so CCFan seems to be put on the back burner until about Feb or March. I know I hate this time of year the site is a little slow on new topics.

-------------

Date Posted: November-26-2007 at 11:10pm
Right you are...but sometimes some fun stuff goes on here when guys are bored in the house.

And as always...if ANY C/CFANS get real bored...me and Eddie ain't put our boats away. Footed the day after Thanksgiving and already made our plans today for this Saturday. As they say on tv "c'mon down"

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: November-26-2007 at 11:12pm
Jbear
If I get a week end off work I just may have to take you and Eddie up on your offer. Speaking of Eddie we have not heard from him in awhile.

-------------

Date Posted: November-26-2007 at 11:15pm
Right you are again...he isn't on much. BUt he is doing just fine. Like I said...we footed Friday and then took our wives out to dinner and a movie and finished the evening at his house drinking bourbon and coke and watching old show ski vids from their days with Badgerland. Awesome evening!

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

Date Posted: November-26-2007 at 11:19pm
That sounds much better then working.

-------------

Posted By: p/allen
Date Posted: November-27-2007 at 12:32am
Thanks Tim for the support.

Sorry guys . the title for the topic did not intrest me untill today .

My boot stripe is 100% original . It is not paint . It is vinyl tape that you can get at west marine . They have 2 different thicknesses.

I bought the boat from an old man that was pushing 70 back in 94 .He was the original owner . He was way past the point of caring about the boat . It sat on the shore for atleast 2 years that I can remember .This guy was not very ambitious at all . So I dont think he would have put it on . As a matter of fact I think he did more fishing than boating.

If any one is going to need correct emblems for this era of boat I would not buy the new ones they are terribly different . I will take pics and post . The best thing to do is to watch Ebay then, good luck . The reason that my boat doesnt have any on is because they were broken and it looked better without .
I did have some before GL. but didnt put them on , for fear of the being broken . I looked for nearly 10 years before I was able to find some that I could buy .

-------------
Pat
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w146/72ccfan/100_5977-1.jpg - My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.

Date Posted: November-27-2007 at 12:45am
And so the mystery is solved. You were right Tim.

-------------

Date Posted: November-27-2007 at 1:32am
Quote Trbenj;(Id say add the metal (or chromed plastic) Correct Craft script emblems- those would have been original.)

Sorry Tim I cant support you on this one .

I cant get a very good picture of the chrome one , which is new and I refuse to use . The first pic is of the chrome , good-ebay and broken original . You dont see as many with the white letters .

I tried to put them on top of each other so you could see the difference . Notice that every letter is different and the mounting holes, none are the same .

Hopefully this will give you an idea how different they are . A dead give away is the bottom of the (f) . Check white Lake Marine you will see .

http://www.shopwhitelake.com/cocrnaem.html - White Lake emblem

-------------
Pat
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.

Date Posted: November-27-2007 at 11:32am
Originally posted by p/allen p/allen wrote:

Id say add the metal (or chromed plastic) Correct Craft script emblems- those would have been original.

Sorry Tim I cant support you on this one .

Pat, I was talking about the earlier metal emblems that were used through '71. I didnt realize they made the switch for '72.

Good info on the differences between the white/black and chrome/black plastic emblems. I think we all assumed they only varied in color.

I may have to take some dimensions off your waterline stripe next year!

-------------

Date Posted: November-27-2007 at 12:53pm
Sounds great Tim . Sorry about the misunderstanding .

-------------
Pat
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.

Posted By: 79nautique
Date Posted: November-27-2007 at 2:17pm
well I got hamerd on this years ago, but when I first bought my 79SN it did have the script metal ones on it, might have been replacements, might not, don't know. But I do know that the holes did not line up when I got the chrome/black replacements compared to what was there and they match closer to what Pat posted as org for his.

Now for those of you that keep putting off installing those new plastic emblems for fear of breaking them. This is what I did and they never broke for 5 years even taking a dock hit that scratched the one pretty good. But go to the hardware store get a tube of clear sealant in the caulking area. Apply a thin layer over the complete back surface before you mount them and wipe off the excess around the edges and your done and they will not break. Most of the time it's the water riping them off when you slow down or take off, so if they are glued to the side of the boat and sealed so water can't get behind them to ripe them off.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=756&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1979&yrend=1979 - 79 nautique

Date Posted: November-27-2007 at 7:15pm
Adam, I still feel that the black plastic painted white and the top sanded off to make the lettering black would be appropriate. Plus, they are available.

-------------

54 Atom

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Print Page | Close Window