Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8920
Printed Date: July-01-2024 at 7:15am

Topic: Boat Graphics
Posted By: cupa123
Subject: Boat Graphics
Date Posted: November-06-2007 at 2:03pm
I own a nautique 2001 (1987).The coloured strip around the boat has started to discolour so I was thinking of covering it with a strip of the same diminsions. So my question is does anyone out there have the measurements of the strip in a format that I could pass on to my sign writer in the UK so he could make me a template. Any comments on this idea.

-------------
Paul C

Replies:
Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: November-06-2007 at 2:11pm
Are you talking about the gel coat (colored stripe) or the graphics?

If youre talking about the gel coat, it would be much cheaper to buff and wetsand as necessary to bring the color back. If youre talking about the "Ski Nautique 2001" graphics, the file for 85-87 Ski Nautiques is already located in the reference section of this site.

-------------

Posted By: cupa123
Date Posted: November-06-2007 at 2:20pm
I was talking about the gel coat strip I have already buff and wetsand a couple of times but the colour keeps going.(the colour of my boat is cream with red strip). This was me next option.

-------------
Paul C

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: November-06-2007 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by cupa123 cupa123 wrote:

I was talking about the gel coat strip I have already buff and wetsand a couple of times but the colour keeps going.(the colour of my boat is cream with red strip). This was me next option.

Sounds like you didnt get through the oxidation when you wet sanded. Either that or it comes back due to lack of protection (wax).

Once you remove the oxidation, the color shouldnt fade or haze for a looong time, if its adequately protected.

-------------

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: November-06-2007 at 2:44pm
A couple guys at the2001.com have given their faded out boats new life. You should be able to wetsand and a buff to an almost new looking finish.

Ralph

froese76

-------------

Print Page | Close Window