Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9103
Printed Date: September-28-2024 at 11:34pm

Topic: steering cable
Posted By: tim777
Subject: steering cable
Date Posted: December-02-2007 at 2:56am
does anyone know what size steering cable I need for a 1979 Ski Tique? and where I can get one

-------------
1979 Ski Tique
(347 stroker)
Tim J

Replies:
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: December-02-2007 at 11:05am
Tim, Welcome to the site. Glad you found us. I just used the search feature and it came up with lots of reading! Some good stuff on installing it too.
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/search.asp?KW=steering+cable&SM=1&SI=PT&FM=0&OB=1 - results of search "steering cable"

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: December-02-2007 at 11:36am
http://shopwhitelake.com/stcaforskina.html - White Lake has great prices. There is also a 10% discount code that you can use from Planet Nautique.

Like Im sure it mentions in the threads that Pete linked to, dont get a generic cable. Even SkiDIM doesnt carry Correct Craft cables, as they have oddball lengths and throws.

-------------

Posted By: advsouthwind
Date Posted: December-14-2007 at 12:26am
I have a 1 week old 20ft cable I will sell for 65.00 It fits the teleflex set up that is used on most SN. Let me know if interested. New it was about $135.   Andy 612 685 3692

-------------
gave up sea ray life for a 77 southwind 20 project just livin the dream

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: December-14-2007 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by advsouthwind advsouthwind wrote:

I have a 1 week old 20ft cable I will sell for 65.00 It fits the teleflex set up that is used on most SN. Let me know if interested. New it was about $135.   Andy 612 685 3692

Got a part number on that? CC used all oddball lenths (half foot increments, not whole), which also had longer throws. Im guessing you have a generic cable, right?

-------------

Posted By: advsouthwind
Date Posted: December-19-2007 at 12:39am
TRBenj-
I dont have the box but I am sure it was a teleflex SSC61-QC11. It was actually 22 feet but it fit great on my 20 Southwind. I paid 175 for it( I found the reciept) and used it 1 week before I ran into other issues so I parted out the boat instead but it did measure exactly to the old cable. I do not know if it was the original in the boat though. Any other questions please ask I will try to answer. Thanks   Advsouthwind

-------------
gave up sea ray life for a 77 southwind 20 project just livin the dream

Posted By: MaddMarxx
Date Posted: December-20-2007 at 12:35am
sorry I was thinking of the wrong cables

-------------

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: December-20-2007 at 1:06am
Got mine from SECC and MM's bro Keith replaced it. Works great. Should have done the throttle at the same time. Don't mess up like I did...heed MM's advice and get 'em both.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Posted By: bchesley
Date Posted: December-20-2007 at 12:34pm
82-89 used the 17.5 cables. prior I believe used a 17 footer. White lake will have the best price for an original cable.

-------------
2001 SAN
"Python Powered"

Print Page | Close Window