Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9619
Printed Date: September-28-2024 at 11:37pm

Topic: Windshield Removal
Posted By: copcraft
Subject: Windshield Removal
Date Posted: February-11-2008 at 11:48pm
I was just in the garage hoping to take the windshield off the 74 Mustang. All the nuts seem rusted on the botls. I tried to loosen the first nut, and the whole bolt (with nut attached) fell through the fiberglass. Upon attempting to loosen the next nut, the nut and bolt both turn. I can't get anything loose, or get it to break off as the first one did. Am I missing something or is this just the next piece of the job that is not going to be as easy as I thought. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Replies:
Posted By: 78nautique78
Date Posted: February-12-2008 at 10:00pm
My wind shield is off of my 78 now and my bolts were rusted so I ground them off. after I removed the windshield I noticed there was a track underneath that the bolts originally slide in. mine are either a 10/32 or a 12/24 flare bolt. similar to a toilet bolt. not sure if a 74 is the same but that could of been a standard design. Maybe where the bolts are removed you could lift it with a small pry bar and a block to see underneath and what they are. Mike.

Posted By: farmer
Date Posted: February-13-2008 at 1:09am

I removed the windshield from my 77 mustang using a dremel with a cutoff wheel.You can break the bolts off if you cut most of the way through them first.If you can't get under the nut,cut through it and spread it to take it off the bolt.      Farmer

Posted By: copcraft
Date Posted: February-13-2008 at 2:01am
78 Nautique and Farmer

Thanks! I did finally break them off. Now I just have to figure out what I need to get it back on in a month or two. Thanks for the help.

David

Print Page | Close Window