Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9645
Printed Date: September-28-2024 at 11:31pm

Topic: 81 Windshield
Posted By: JPirotte
Subject: 81 Windshield
Date Posted: February-15-2008 at 2:46am
Help,

I need a new windshield for my 81' the last time they used a plastic peice due to the curved glass not being available?! First, is that true can I not get glass? Also, with all will to restoring it, any suggestions on what I can do to make the frame look better during the process?

I really screwed the pooch with the lettering so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies:
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: February-15-2008 at 7:34am
Jay, I can remember at least 2 threads on the subect of the curved glass. It is flat tempered glass that is bent at the time it is installed in the frame. Whoever used plastic on yours sounds like they weren't glass people. A marina with the plastic?? Here's one of the threads I found from using the search feature. Alan (81nautique) has a excellent explanation on installing it. He is a expert because he has some glass background.
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8475&KW=curved+glass - curved windshield

The disassembled frame parts can be re anodized or some have had them powder coated.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: February-15-2008 at 11:38am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

The disassembled frame parts can be re anodized or some have had them powder coated.

Reanodized Pete? I dont know about your windshield frames, but both my '78 and '90 frames were covered in paint from the factory. Youre giving CC too much credit! I considered anodizing my frame, but the colors for powder looked much better, IMO.

-------------

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: February-15-2008 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Reanodized Pete? I dont know about your windshield frames, but both my '78 and '90 frames were covered in paint from the factory. Youre giving CC too much credit! I considered anodizing my frame, but the colors for powder looked much better, IMO.

Tim, You may be correct. I guess I'm going to have to take a real close look at my 77. I did do some refitting of the frame after I got the Tique and had to do some filing. The black coating on mine was very hard and filed like anodized!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: JPirotte
Date Posted: February-15-2008 at 3:15pm
Thanks for the info, will correct craft still have a replacement for this? Where do you suggest finding one or should I just have the guys buy one that fits and tell them to bend it?

Print Page | Close Window