Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9650
Printed Date: September-28-2024 at 11:27pm

Topic: Exhaust Manifolds...Ebay Find....Any good
Posted By: davidg
Subject: Exhaust Manifolds...Ebay Find....Any good
Date Posted: February-15-2008 at 8:37pm
I am on the hunt for a set of exhaust manifolds for the '76 Southwind w/ 351 Ford.

I found these on ebay from an Interceptor motor out of a 60's Century Resorter. Starting bid is $99.00.   

What do you guys think? Any good? They are aluminum. Does that corrode like cast iron ones do?

By the way, I am not sure how to make the link below into a hotlink for this website. I hope it works.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INTERCEPTOR-SBF-MARINE-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-PAIR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31285QQihZ006QQitemZ160208643641QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Dave

Replies:
Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: February-15-2008 at 10:03pm
Aluminum manifolds are fine- but I wouldnt suggest using them in salt. I dont know how they would last compared to cast iron. The same Interceptor manifolds were used on many Correct Crafts in the 60's. One difference is the elbow- its a bit longer than a simple 90 deg that came on CC's. I dont know if that would cause you motorbox clearance issues or not.

Where are you located? I have a set of Osco cast irons that I would sell for cheap- but theyre heavy, so shipping long distances might get expensive.

-------------

Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: February-15-2008 at 11:54pm
David,
a good tip for you... dont dangle candy in a pre school, all the kids will want to grab the bag....

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Date Posted: February-16-2008 at 12:37am
Tim.....sent you an email.

Eric....Huh???? Not sure what you mean. Hope I didn't say or post something out of line.

Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: February-16-2008 at 8:54am
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

Eric....Huh???? Not sure what you mean. Hope I didn't say or post something out of line.

He's only saying that someone else may want it too!

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: February-16-2008 at 11:00am
David, it doesnt look like your email came through. Try sending it again: TRBenj@gmail.com

-------------

Date Posted: February-16-2008 at 1:58pm
it was said with a smile, i just meant that...I'll give you an example....I took a friend with me to look at a Donzi, it was a sweet deal and i made an offer and told him i needed a week to gather funds. in the meantime the boat dis-appeared.... a month goes by and the boat is sitting in the driveway of the friend of my friend.
I was very mad, mad to a point that....

-------------

Date Posted: February-16-2008 at 3:03pm
Eric;

Wait a minute!!! You mean some of the fine folks on this site would do something like that? Please tell me its not true.

I thought maybe thats what you meant. Just wasn't sure. I am a little slow on the uptake.

Sorry to hear your friend, or perhaps now, your ex-friend, scooped you on the Donzi. Thats not right. Oh well, hopefully you just bought a classic Correct Craft instead.

Date Posted: February-16-2008 at 3:17pm
well, there is 3500 members on here and maybe just one or two may do that...
Oh, I got even with him, he was more of a second opinion and thats why i took him with me, He needed some tranny parts this summer and guess who the only guy around had them?
you got it me, normally i would just have given the parts to him but i nailed him for 5 bills.......what comes around goes around

-------------

Posted By: BuffaloBFN
Date Posted: February-16-2008 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

He needed some tranny parts this summer and guess who the only guy around had them?

Oh, the precious moments in life...

-------------
http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2331&sort=&pagenum=12&yrstart=1986&yrend=1990" rel="nofollow - 1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO

Date Posted: February-16-2008 at 6:36pm
life is a balancing act

-------------

Print Page | Close Window