Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Down Yonder on the Chattahoochee

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 9>
Author
Rglover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rglover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2009 at 6:04pm
I just realized we want be back from vacation yet!!
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2009 at 7:16pm
We do need to knock out some details.

-Friday afternoon on for arrivals

-Ski Saturday and cookout Saturday night

-kick everyone out on Sunday    

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2009 at 8:46pm
I hope that last post didn't come off the wrong way.

I think we'll put a roast on friday so whenever people get here they can have a little. Maybe it'll last for lunch on saturday. We'll get sandwich fixins just in case.

Head count and time of arrival!
1988 BFN-sold

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 10:30am
I'll be here for the whole weekend & I'm already here!
Greg

86 BFN
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 10:56am
Robin and I will plan on arriving early Saturday AM. We have conflicts on both Friday and Sunday. So, we will spend the day Saturday and take it home after dark.
Let us know what we can bring as far as food, etc.

Jim
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 1:09pm
Greg, are you coming by water? Jim, same question. I need to know how much parking to arrange. I have room for 2 or 3 rigs and there's room for 3 more at the neighbor's. I can also work my way down the street if need be(great neighbors and your stuff will be safe). The ramp has a ton of parking but closes at 10pm. I've never heard of anyone being towed and I see trailers down there all night, but I would hate for a CCFan to have troubles.

Speaking of troubles, I shouldn't have made that half-fast joke about Sunday. We'll both be here Friday and I'll be here Monday if that helps with a potential air fare savings.

As far as the rest of the arrangements, I have a few ideas but am very open to more. I'm thinking the roast on friday(I gotta eat anyway and we'll have a bear to feed ) and Amy wants to do toothpick surprise. We've also talked about getting fillets for Saturday night.

I like what John said about the way things worked at the river run. A few people did a little more than others, but the work was spread out nicely. From there, take it away!

Joe, if you're still thinking of coming, would a small piece of coosa board make it through airport security?    
1988 BFN-sold

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 2:23pm
Greg,
I will probably put in at Laurel Park (I think that is the closest ramp) and just cruise to your place by boat. I will just leave the truck at the ramp since we have to leave Saturday night...unfortunately!

Your earlier comments are fine, no offense taken. I would kick us out Sunday as well.

Fillets on Saturday evening sound great. We can bring our own or pay you for our share when we get there. Also, we can bring sides, desserts etc. You and Amy do not need to carry the burden of all the food and drinks.

Call me if you want to discuss any other details.
Home 678 566 0077 or Cell 404 375 4625
Robin and I are looking forward to meeting everyone!
Jim
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 2:37pm
I will have to work out the logistics for the weekend, but will have 1 boat for sure. Can have 2 & a waverunner if needed. I might just come by land, sea & air!
Greg

86 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 3:17pm
Laurel Park is a 25 minute walk from here but only right across the street by car. If you leave the dock after dark you'd need to know the lake pretty well to get back or pull the boat before dark. Little River Park is right around the corner and less than a 5 minute walk; we live on the other side of that peninsula.

I'll pick up fillets Friday morning and we'll enjoy whatever anyone brings. At this point, I think the roast will hold out to lunch, but we still don't know who all is gonna be here.

1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

I might just come by land, sea & air!

This I wanna see!    

And just curious, how will you get all three here? Oh no, you're gonna let Tom drive something.   

(yall remember I'm only kidding and that I only kid those I want to see again!)
1988 BFN-sold

kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 4:47pm
Dont be bad mouthing me Buffalo!..lol I havnt decided if we are even coming yet,the wife has decided we are,but I havnt made up my mind yet.
And yes I have driven Skicats boats many times over the years,only damaged one!Plus Ive even driven Jbears boat no damage to it though.Im kinda out of practice,mine has only been out of the garage once this year.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 6:10pm
Shucks, I hate it when the wife is right.   
1988 BFN-sold

kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 6:52pm
Amy was right about something?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

Amy was right about something?

If she was I wouldn't admit it!

You're a piece of work Tom, hope you can make it and understand if you can't. If not this trip then maybe the river run?

1988 BFN-sold

kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 7:23pm
We will probably be there next month.I will let you know for sure in a couple of days.
Anything we need to bring,just let us know.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 7:42pm
Bring another good story for the 'campfire'(it'll be a grill in this case).       For those of you who don't know, this guy can spin a yarn!

I'll get with my boss and ideas are welcome.

1988 BFN-sold

Mrs.Buffalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Buffalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 9:18pm
All I've got to say is kytom and wife better come visit a fellow Kentuckian and don't forget the "Mountain Dew" from home! It could get crazy with too many people from Ky in the same house.

I'm open for suggestions as far as what people bring and then I'll post for everyone later this weekend what we've come up with on a list.

Can't wait to see/meet everyone. These things are always such a BLAST!!! Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Amy
Poobah/Poobie's wife not a newbie.

Boating wives are made from fabric tougher than Kevlar, Carbon Fiber or Fiberglass!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2009 at 11:30pm
Sept,25,26,27,.So is this the dates? Map,or address to google for maybe a NC State fan from High Point,NC? I use to live in Newnan,GA. Did their first digital cable wires in 2003 and 2004.Worked with a friend(PS Don't ever work for a friend) for 7 months on a 12 month contract--finished it in 7 months, he gave us a $5K bonus and said he was not doing any more contract work. So we came back to NC. No longer friends.So if the dates are set in stone,I'd be willing to tag alone if it's OK? Just me and the wife,Karen.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 12:22am
Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

I havnt decided if we are even coming yet,the wife has decided we are,but I havnt made up my mind yet.

We'll be seeing you there Tom....and if I was bringing my boat you would be able to drive it. We are leaving it home and are hoping to get a ride.

As far as an "arrival list" we are leavibg Lake Wales on Friday evening after we close the store. We won't be on the road till about 7pm. Puts us up there in the wee hours....probably 3am. Sorry. Wish we could leave out earlier.

Greg: How about starting a list on here for arrivals, phone numbers and what we are bringing. Kinda like we do on the other threads (See Clinton Lake thread). I would but don't know how. Then everyone can jump on the list..especially to see what will be needed for Saturday evening. Gotta keep Amy outa the house and on the water!

Just reading thru all the posts I am gettin' excited!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 11:37am
Lake Lanier Roster

Name               Forum Name      Mobile #        Arrival Time        Location

1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 11:50am
No way Marty!   

Amy said something about doing things right or not at all. These are not her exact words...

1988 BFN-sold

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 6:18pm
Lake Lanier Roster

Name      Forum Name     Mobile #      Arrival Time   Location

Greg        Skicat       770-355-2047     Already Here   My place                     
Greg

86 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

Lake Lanier Roster

Name     Forum Name     Mobile #    Arrival Time   Location

Greg     Skicat 770-355-2047 Already Here   My place
Greg & Amy     Buffalos   678-316-4438   Already Here   My Place

1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 9:36pm
Amy is working on a 'to bring' list. We've got the roast, toothpick surpise, and the filets. Feel free to add to the list.

1 thing I'd like everyone to bring is $5 to put in an envelope to Keith. This kinda thing wouldn't be happening all around the country without his hard work. We have how many active threads on that subject? Wow!
1988 BFN-sold

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2009 at 10:05pm
Okay, I know I was a stick in the mud in trying to get up there for this but eventually the stick has to be removed! Kaitlins Volleyball Coach told me this week that the tournament is Sat morning so it looks like I will make it afterall. I hope to be there late Sat afternoon/evening and bringing the boat. I hope to there just in time for a barefoot lesson or two and some of Mrs.Buffalo's toothpick surprise.

Lake Lanier Roster

Tim          Morfoot      770-316-6963     Sat aft/eve    Greg & Amy's
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2009 at 3:22am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Okay, I know I was a stick in the mud in trying to get up there for this but eventually the stick has to be removed! Kaitlins Volleyball Coach told me this week that the tournament is Sat morning so it looks like I will make it afterall. I hope to be there late Sat afternoon/evening and bringing the boat. I hope to there just in time for a barefoot lesson or two and some of Mrs.Buffalo's toothpick surprise.

Lake Lanier Roster

Tim          Morfoot      770-316-6963     Sat aft/eve    Greg & Amy's

Ok...how do I stick our name and info in there? These computers get the best of me all the time.

john&Patti jbear        863-604-3237    Sat. 3am!     Greg&Amy's

Very cool news Tim. Just don't forget the B-foot suit. We'd hate to have you have to learn in cutoffs!

Buffalo; Very good idea as to a small donation to the site. Where would we all be without Keith?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2009 at 9:41am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Lake Lanier Roster

Name     Mobile #    Arrival Time   Location

Greg      Skicat             770-355-2047    Already Here   My place
Greg&Amy Buffalos     678-316-4438    Already Here   My Place
Tim Moorfoot               770-316-6963    Sat Aft/eve     Greg&Amy's
John&Patti jbear          863-604-3237    Sat. 3am!      Greg&Amy's

John, I thought it would be nice to send him a tank of gas.     
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2009 at 9:59am
Tim, glad you can make it. Hopefully you'll get here early. We'll try to have as much as possible ready on Friday so it doesn't take too long cooking Saturday night. That way we can stay on the lake longer; and there's always Sunday morning. This time of year(9/25-27) we should get glass for as far as you can see any time of day.

I have extra parking arranged now both at the house and lake. It's gonna be a nice gathering!

1988 BFN-sold

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2009 at 10:33am

Jim & Robin     Jimsport93     404 375 4625   Sat AM    My Place
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2009 at 10:36am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Lake Lanier Roster

Name     Mobile #    Arrival Time   Location

Greg      Skicat             770-355-2047    Already Here   My place
Greg&Amy Buffalos     678-316-4438    Already Here   My Place
Tim Moorfoot               770-316-6963    Sat Aft/eve     Greg&Amy's
John&Patti jbear          863-604-3237    Sat. 3am!      Greg&Amy's
Jim & Robin     Jimsport93     404 375 4625   Sat AM    My Place

]
1988 BFN-sold

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 9>