NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

awesome fall reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2006 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Gotwake Gotwake wrote:

So jealous of you guys! Wish I could have made it. How did all of you "first timers" like Shelbyville/Wolf creek?

Ken, We thought the campground was excelent, I was a little nervous about the motorhome on that steep ramp but turned out to be a piece of cake. We'd definately go again.

Weekend highlite was getting an official PLBC Tee shirt. An honor and a priveledge, Hollywood is a cla$$ act in my book, and a tough act to follow on the water.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2006 at 9:20am
Hollywood, The shoes were made from my EX-Wife's cutting board, having one sit on the bottom of lake Shelby is a perfect ending to that period of my life THANK YOU.   Dana only has wood cutting boards so the next pair may actually float.

Seriously thought, awesome weekend, this whole group of people are so easy to be around and we had a blast with everyone. Todd, great to meet you and Rene. Joel is right, Todd was inpressive on the trick ski and a monster on the course, the guy is rock solid on the water.

My skiing was disappointing, re-injured my arm pretty much first time in the water Saturday. The rest of the day was a struggle and I blew off sunday. I do think my performance in the friday night beer drinking was OUTSTANDING though.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2006 at 9:06am
So jealous of you guys! Wish I could have made it. How did all of you "first timers" like Shelbyville/Wolf creek?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2006 at 8:55am
It sure was an OUTSTANDING weekend. Great to see you guys again and all your smokin' hot wives. Everyone was very hospitable and I especially thank Alan and Dana for letting me crash in the Bounder. Also, Body was very gentle, he must have known it was my first time.

Magicman will be getting a new pair of shoe skis as closely as possible resembling the old ones as possible, I just need to raid a few kitchens for some cutting boards.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2006 at 8:45am
The word of the weekend...as Joel said sooo well " OUTSTANDING! ".
It's pretty easy to have a great time when the group of people you are with are so...(here it is again)..."OUTSTANDING".
Boat swapping! That was way cool!
Skiing...campfires...brewskis...food...water...the people...weathermen who are liars(said it would rain)ALL good!
Always ready to do it again!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2006 at 11:34pm
Oops, can't forget Todd's amazing trick skiing- Todd wins the prize for "sleeper" waterskier. He'll be the first one to tell you he isn't that good, then uncork some serious shizznit behind the boat. Good times.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2006 at 11:29pm
Awesome time. What did we have? 6 or 7 boats? Decent weather, TONS of skiing, 2 days of course deployment, 2 back deeps on shoe skis, a back-to-front on shoe skis, a "hand ski"/"gra$$hopper" attempt resulting in lost shoe ski due to poor driving, plenty of grilling, beer drinking and fun. We had all members of the crew in the course... well almost. Nearly killed Stang72's kid in the course. What a time. Video and pics to follow shortly. Special thanks to Dana and Alan for always being there with the coffee when I needed it.
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2006 at 9:58pm
Well, we are back from the reunion and it was great to meet a lot of new people. The weather was a little questionable at first, but it only rained a few minutes all weekend. Sure was glad we made it and with no major injuries. Bruises and sore tendons are good right???

Special thanks needs to go out to m3fan (joel and beth) for bringing the slalom course and setting it up. Hollywood was in the boat too so a big shout out to him! Thanks to Magicman's81 for letting me use his prop puller. No casualties, but Joel let me use his 4 blade prop. Stang72 is just plain fun to hang out with. I learned a lot about these older nautiques and how to tweak my carb on the 93.

The skiing was great and the visiting was priceless. It is really fun to talk boats with people who are pa$$ionate about their rides.

We have some great photos which will be uploaded in the near future. M3fan has some video which is way over my head, but was cool. I provided many faceplants but never caught on film. But we will get those available ASAP.

Thanks again guys for a great weekend and I look forward to a spring gathering!

Weitekampt
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic