Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 09’

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 9>
Author
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 1:32pm
jdkenyon

My DOT router from Twin Falls, ID says: I-84, I-80, I-35, I-90, WI-82, WI-23 too Green Lake. Distance 1647.4 Miles road time 24 hours 42 minutes with a max speed set at 70 MPH.

From Indy I always use the I-35 , WI-23 approach too Green Lake.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 12:05pm
Thanks, Joe. When it gets closer and we know our schedule, maybe we'll take you up on that, and get directions arond Chicago.

In Maine, if traffic backs up for a minute, it'll drive you crazy. And there's many town with out lights, although we do have stop signs.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 1:14am
Bruce, Mike, and other New Englanders should consider an Auburn NY stop over if your looking to break the trip up. Its not near half way but it makes the second leg a reasonable shot, can't promise world class accomidations but we can put you somewhere.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 12:54am
The adjoining county,about 5 miles north of us, has one stop light....Covers 466 square miles, with a population just over 16,000    I beleive their moto is "Git-r-done".

(Whats a toll booth?)
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jdkenyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdkenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 9:35pm
Traffic lights are few and far between in several of the towns around me here.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 9:30pm
The county that my wife is from does not have a single stop light in it. That's country!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

DO NOT DRIVE INTO THE CITY.....
They made I294 for a reason...

Moj'

Parking Lot?
[;)

It's not for country folk Steve..

.            AMEN BROTHER!!!!

I tell everyone, I get mad when I hit one of the three traffic lights downtown wrong!
I love country folk...how you say....Yeeeaahaaa!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Moj'

Parking Lot?

[;)

It's not for country folk Steve..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

We're planning on leaving Wednesday, arriving on Thursday and leaving Monday.

I'm hoping if I drive all that way, 62Wood will show for Sunday.

Ive already "primed" Pam that I/(we?) may be making a GL run on Sunday...hope to stay overnight and leave Monday. No reseravtions..Might have to crash in the back of the truck... Not sure about bringing the boat?   Man, I love that event!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 7:02pm

Moj'

Parking Lot?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 5:33pm

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 4:57pm
Do not go through Chicago, no matter what quinner says.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 4:40pm
Idaho, wow, you're west of SLC. Looks like you're driving east and taking a left at Chicago.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 3:46pm
Not a competition Josh. Fantastic that you will be making the trip. I will be back for my 4th year now. Unfortunately, won't have the time to bring the boat back this year, but we'll fly in nonetheless. Look forward to meeting you. BKH
Livin' the Dream

jdkenyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdkenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 3:00pm
We can't compete with BKH but we are still looking at 1643 miles. 1276 is a walk in the park. I think we will be rolling in something Wednesday and staying through Sunday. Hopefully that is enough time....
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 1:34pm
If Steve's doesn't come out, he'll let us have "The Wild Man" for the weekend hahaha...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 1:22pm
We're planning on leaving Wednesday, arriving on Thursday and leaving Monday.

We rolled in to Lake George at 6:00 on Friday and left Saturday night during the banquot, which really stunk, but it was a last minute arrangment that got us there.

Brian, I think you'll hold the record on distance travelled for a long time. I did check other distances out and surprisingly the only people travelling farther are the FLA folks. Even Boat Dr is closer to Green Lake than ME. But all you do is drive to Albany and instead of taking a right and driving for an hour to Lake George, you just go straight for another 12 hours and take a right at Chicago.

I'm hoping if I drive all that way, 62Wood will show for Sunday.

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 12:30pm

Bruce,
Actually the GL event has expanded to about 5 days
Moj'

That's for sure. We've stayed longer and longer each of the 3 years, with this year being no exception. We'll be there Wed early evening and going home Monday. It'll be here before we know it, so start making your plans. Every year, once pics of the event start going up, there are people saying "man, I wish I would have gone...next year for sure". Don't be one of those people!

Rob
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 12:12pm
Bruce,
Actually the GL event has expanded to about 5 days.. Half the crew starts rolling in on Thursday and get two full boating days in before the get together on Friday night. Then Sunday and even Monday there are 10 plus boats either skiing, hanging out (drying out in my case)...

So, plan on a few extra days. No one wants to head out driving on Sunday anyway, traffic sucks...

You really don't want to miss this year !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 6:51am
Bruce,

Only 1,276 miles from Sebago Lake, Maine to Green Lake, Wisconsin. A trek to be sure, but you won't even be travelling the furthest to the event if the Florida guys come up.

Last year we drove 2176 miles with our two year old. 33 hours driving time. With your sons, you can probably make the drive in a long day each way. No big deal.

Come on out to Green Lake.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 2:14am
Mike, not definately, but about 85% at this point. The wife says to go, although I get the feeling she really doesn't think we'd drive half way across the country for a week end event. She thinks we've gone soft in the head over boats, but this will definately confirm it for her. Course, it's really not the boats, it's the Boat People.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2009 at 9:20pm
[QUOTE=Riley]   We booked #30 last week. /QUOTE]

Soooo, you're def. heading to GL Bruce ??

Hmmmmmm.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2009 at 10:15am
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

I hear the place that rented RVs last year is out of business. Are there any palces that rent them?

Bruce, where did you hear that? We rented from two separate places last year: Fox Valley RV (where we rented two (HW's and Ruch's), 920-757-1597, and I just rented two from them today. Appleton Camping Center (where we got motor home from at last minute- didn't like dogs) 920-757-6112. Their website is still up running. Both companies delivered to site last year but they have a limited capacity based off manpower and time frames. But they're less than an hour away so if you have to pick up, no big deal, but if you need a delivery, call soon.

Reggi told me that yesterday. We booked #30 last week. I was going to switch to a bigger site yesterday in case we wanted to rent an RV. She said she still had a few big sites left, but that the company that rents RVs went out of business. Although she did say I should talk to you guys because you might know another place. At this point we're staying put. If it rains hard we can sleep in the truck.
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2009 at 3:28am

Here's the website for Appleton Camping Center
-Adam

1973 Skier
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2009 at 11:58pm

I hear the place that rented RVs last year is out of business. Are there any palces that rent them?

Bruce, where did you hear that? We rented from two separate places last year: Fox Valley RV (where we rented two (HW's and Ruch's), 920-757-1597, and I just rented two from them today. Appleton Camping Center (where we got motor home from at last minute- didn't like dogs) 920-757-6112. Their website is still up running. Both companies delivered to site last year but they have a limited capacity based off manpower and time frames. But they're less than an hour away so if you have to pick up, no big deal, but if you need a delivery, call soon.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2009 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Timmy, my Dad used to say ;

"Birds of a feather"

Haha, very true.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2009 at 7:02pm
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2009 at 6:41pm
Timmy, my Dad used to say ;

"Birds of a feather"
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2009 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by jdkenyon jdkenyon wrote:

All the talk about the campground makes me want to stay there instead of the McConnell B&B. Got to talk to the wife...

The McConnell is a very nice place, great location, great owners.. It's quiet, clean and has some really great breakfast's.. Just no kids are allowed there !!!

Far cry from camping, unless you have a 40 footer... Oh and it's a block long walk to the camp ground !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2009 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

you cant beat the neighbors, they all own CorrectCrafts

I beg to differ- I got plunked down in between two sets of clowns last year!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic