NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

starter for 302 holman moody

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nms1991 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nms1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: starter for 302 holman moody
    Posted: August-15-2004 at 1:37pm
JEBell iI think you need a 2" nose cone starter, SKIDim probably sold you a 2 3/8" nose cone starter. The starter is available from anyone that deals with Arco.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2004 at 12:37pm
JEBell,
I wasn't aware that the HM starter housing would be any different figuring it would be a standard Ford piece, but you learn something new every day. The HM bellhousing is certainly different. I wish I had an answer. I've got several old HM starters and will have a look Monday. As for schematics, I've got several years worth of HM owner's manuals which I can fax you pages from if you send me a fax number. I will be sending Keith my copies to scan and post in the reference section very soon.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

JEBell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2004 at 8:20pm
I have a Martinique powered by a 302 HM,I do not have origanal starter.I have bought a new motorcraft from Discount Inboard ,but it seems the flywheel hits part of the internal casing. I was wondering if it could of had a shim block or something of that nature? It appears to be in 5/16 to 3/8 to much.Also was wondering about a schematic of the engine.
JEBell 72 Martinique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic