NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St. Johns River Run 2010 - 2/19-21

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 13>
Author
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2010 at 10:47pm
Happy Anniversary to Billy and Karen.

Sorry to thread jack...

Dave
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2010 at 8:30pm

Alot of sun today, turn out to be nicer.

And should be better next weekend, some of us have to work today....hehe

Dave
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2010 at 5:07pm
Well we are down here at the daytona race and while it is cool it ain't freezing your engine block cool. Just in case Reid has been drinking plenty of anti freeze. Y'all let us know when ya get here!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2010 at 5:05pm
Well we are down here at the daytona race and while it is cool it ain't freezing your engine block cool. Just in case Reid has been drinking plenty of anti freeze. Y'all let us know when ya get here!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2010 at 4:15pm
Ryan,

I would think that all you would need to do is drain all of the water out and then you should be good. No Water to freeze, nothing to break.

I hope this helps,

Donald
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2010 at 1:28am
Put it in a heated trailer

Got the 'ole 66 out today, gave it a quick clean, oil change, put the RWP back together,put the windwings on,checked all the lights,wheel bearings,built another spare tire carrier,it's a tandem trailer, out the battery in, held the RWP belt out of the way,turned the fuel on, and she fired right up!
Doing a few minor adjustments on the boat cover that my mom and I threw together these last 3 days,got $75 in it.

Coming home in the ol 83 SS- the accelerator stuck on me, of course I had the cruise on and kinda didn't realize it.Stopped it at a stoplight, turned it off, and of course it diseiled, popped the hood,and the wire had come off my electric choke!.Kinda having 2nd thoughts about driving the SS npw. Might talk to my boss and see about using the work truck-99 Toyota Tacoma. Other than that I'm ready!
But of course, we got 3" of snow Friday nite and they're calling for another 3" Monday, and then something Wednesday. But they're calling for it to be 60' here Friday the 19th.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2010 at 1:24am
Here is a discussion on winterizing. Not sure it will tell you everything from your motor but should be close.
Winterizing
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2010 at 1:13am
It's not winterized. She's been tucked in warm and cozy. And I would not know where to start. Jody HELP!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2010 at 1:10am
I do not de-winterize mine until I am there. And I stop on the way home and winterize it again before I get home.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2010 at 1:07am
Any suggestions on how to keep my boat from freezing on the way down there?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2010 at 1:15pm

For plan B, I'm trying to find an indoor lake.....hehe

It should get warmer by next weekend..

Dave
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2010 at 1:12pm
How many Fans are bringing a snowmobile to SJRR!
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 11:25pm
All 50 states have seen snow this year and Vancouver is scrambling for enough to pull off the Olympics! While it is snowing here, and that makes it seem like the planet is not getting warmer, something is definitely happening. Check out this article
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 11:03pm
Loisiana got hammered with 4" of white stuff last nite and till noon today,I gotta problem with Al Gores research......Pics to follow

I am so ready for River Run
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 10:57pm
Hope you guys arn't trying to get even
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 9:47pm

Thanks Ryan "SNOW IN FLORIDA TODAY".

I just hope it warms up some for next weekend.

Or I can close my eyes and think I'm at.... GL...

Dave
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 12:41pm
The green grass in loud pipes makes the liquid water hilarious! Watch out for the sunshine! It lasts 18 hours!

Wish I was going! You guys have a blast!    
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 10:33pm
Gotta love it .............
Cold
Snow
Tremors
Frozen Lakes
Cabin Fever
   OR

Sunshine
Liquid Water
Green Grass
Loud Pipes

Tuff Choice............St.Johns River Run.......Next Week end.......

See ya Gary SOON

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

What do you do with a snow coverd earthquake at 15 degrees????

In our case Billy,we just rolled over We didnt know what it was when it happened and I didn't feel any wind blowing thru the house so we went back to sleep. See you in a week, friend!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 10:05pm
What the hell. Surely, you got the 206 undercoated, right?

Greg, I heard it may be headed your way. Look out!

Mike N

1968 Mustang

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 9:02pm

Woke up this morning and well..............I'm so ready for St. Johns's!

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 7:18pm
Billy & Lou, we'll meet at the following address. Take exit 40 off of I-12 and go north on 51 for 600'. Hotel is on right. Put the following address in your "Bitch'n Bettys". I'll be there at 7:00 A.M Thursday morning.

Hammond Days Inn
2150 Sw Railroad Ave
Hammond, LA 70403

Website | (985) 419-1000
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 3:30am
Gary, kind lookin' like Louisiana is not so bad after all. Hurricanes do announce time of arrival, and a chance to dodge the bullit. What do you do with a snow coverd earthquake at 15 degrees????
I will stick with the bugs, humidity and gators, thank you very much........
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 1:39am
I for one am so ready to get out of here, 20 degrees, snow for almost 2 days,high winds and now of all things an earthquake 9 miles away that woke us up. Bring on the alligators and bugs!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
69barri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69barri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2010 at 12:57am
Well unfortunately we will not make it to the run this year with all the boats we had hoped to bring. The '63 Debonnaire is not ready. Have been doing bodywork on it for months now. It has been hard to find the time, and that boat is in rough shape. Hoping to bring the '69 Barracuda, pending the new paint job goes on the week before as planned. The '66 Wildcat should hopefully be there too, sporting a newly procured and restored hardtop!

Looking forward to meeting you all soon!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2010 at 10:10pm

Randy,

Sometimes work can do that, but work is good.

Hope to meet you this summer on the lake.

Dave
89Ski_Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Ski_Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2010 at 12:41pm
Dave,

Everything was on track for us attend St. John's until yesterday... I received a call to be in Sterling Heights, MI from 17-26 February.    

You guys have fun and take lot of pictures. Maybe a chance for another reunion in the SE later this year. I miss the Sea World Reunions.

Randy
1989 Ski Nautique
Former Boats:
1988 Dominique
1993 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2010 at 1:12am

Again its count down time,

The numbers are getting higher then last year..

If anyone is on the fence it's time to see for yourself
that another great event is coming soon...

Just add your name to the list and bring what you can.

Remember    "No Plans"   just Fun !!!!

And thank you to all that are involved to make this happen...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2010 at 10:30pm

It's getting closer.........
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2010 at 8:28pm
Stoney La Rue - Oaklahoma Breakdown
I heard it driving thru Tx. last Sept still haven't wore it out !

Find it - listen to it - tell me what ya think ,it's great "boat" music.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 13>
  Share Topic