Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Show me your garage

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112>
Author
Keuka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2010 at 2:26pm
Very impressive. With a shop like that, who needs a house?
86 Martinique
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 8:06pm
Pete this is where I am at currently on my garage project, got it roofed now have to save up some coin till next spring and work on a few things over the winter.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 9:01pm
Phil,
Look'n fantastic!! My wife was just looking over my shoulder and asked why we didn't put a second story on our project. I told her I couldn't put boats up there!! Really, it's a nice idea and I'm sure will get good usage. The subject of putting some windowed dormers on mine came up for an aesthetic touch but the cost would have been too high.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2010 at 10:18pm
Thanks Pete, above is nice 966 sqft appartment.All trim was AZek alot of expensive stuff put in on this project. Winterized the 2008 thats in that garage, and soon to winterize the 85 and put it in the garage too and tuck them away. So i have room for vehicles in other bays.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2010 at 1:00am
Pete, If you got creative with a 4 post lift you could put boats on the second floor! I load a snowmobile ramp on mine load it with patio furniture and other misc summer items push the button and run them up to the second floor like an elevator.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2010 at 9:50am
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

Pete, If you got creative with a 4 post lift you could put boats on the second floor! I load a snowmobile ramp on mine load it with patio furniture and other misc summer items push the button and run them up to the second floor like an elevator.

Kevin,
That's thinking "out of the box"!! I like it!!

Attic storage did cross my mind but the dust ducting up there really got in the way. Wanting to keep the shop ceiling clean (appearance and dust), I always wanted to put the ducting up there. The ducting also had to go in the attic so it wouldn't block the 2 W beams. I intentionally didn't put a attic hatch in ether for the same reasons. Access for blowing in the insulation and future emergencies is through one of the gable end vents.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2010 at 9:58am
Phil,
That Azek is nice stuff. I've seen it used once on a house and was impressed.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2010 at 8:11pm
Even though I'm not up north at the shop, I haven't been sitting around not working on it! I ordered the two utility cabinets at the work bench ends (Steve and Pam refer to them as "talls") without shelves in them with the intent of putting in vertical pull outs. These are for long items like bar clamps and levels as well as other things that will hang on pegboard better than putting them in drawers.

Pegboard pull outs poly'd and ready to go in. Three go in each 30" wide cabinet. Maple frames to match the cabinets:

1" overextension 150# slides:

Vac hose hanger, Maple vac tools hangers and cloths hooks to match the cabinets:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2011 at 10:30pm
It had been several months since I'd been up north to check the progress on the shop so it was exciting going up for a week. Last trip up the heat wasn't in yet! With the exception of the plumber having one of the hydronic loops mixed up, I'm happy.

With the help of Charlie (brady) getting the motor fan up 9' to the top, I got the dust collector assembled, wired and running. I'm happy with it too. It really sucks!!

Next trip up will be the air compressor install.

Here's the CM hoists ready to go up on the W beams. I picked the electric distribution bars (orange & green bars on floor) rather than festooning wire - cheaper, doesn't block light and doesn't collect dust. Notice my Christmas tree - very appropriate for the shop!!

The lights weren't up the last time I was there. Not one single shadow on any light level of 50, 100 or 150 CP/sq. ft. The programable control I built up for the 3 step lighting worked fantastic.

The compressed air hose reels were sort of a PITA to get up - Due to the weight, I had to take them apart, unreel the hose and then bolt them to the wall!

I did run into a problem with the pegboard pull outs I made for the two tall utility cabinets. I made a math error and they are 3/4" too tall!!! Well, the brackets on the bottom slides are reversible so I'll be able to save them without much extra work.

The quick connect duct at the ceiling blsat gates will work great! Being able to move a piece of equipment in place and plug it in the dust connection will be a big space saver.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2011 at 11:02pm
Lookin' good!
The world is full of youth—what we need is a fountain of smart!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2011 at 11:46pm
Simply amazing Pete! Can't wait to see what kind of projects you get coming out of there!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 12:30am
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Simply amazing Pete!

Gotta agree!

The wall of cabinets is just way over the top.

Certainly all we would expect of you Pete!
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 1:51am
That is really something Pete. What is going on in the first two pictures? Are both of those devices heating water? Nice work,but thats what we have come to expect.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 2:43am
truly a dream shop.. now all you have to do is retire and get to work..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 7:27am
Looks Fantastic Pete,

Are you sure its a wood shop, as that would pass as a medical room here.

Roger.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

What is going on in the first two pictures? Are both of those devices heating water?

Gary,
The first two pictures show the heating system. The white box on the wall is the condensing 95% efficiency boiler. The pumps and majority of the piping are going to the in floor individual heat loops/zones. The tank in the forground is the indirect domestic hot water heater for the bath. It too gets heated by the boiler.

It's interesting that I just got my gas and electric bills for November/December as I was curious about heating costs for the shop compared to the house. With separate services comparison is easy.
The shop is over twice the size of the house plus has the 11' ceilings.
For the two months, the house T stat was set at 40* and the plumber left the shop set at 60*.
The gas bill for the house was $290.00 and the shop was $115.00.
Good insulation does pay!!!
The house (cabin) was a 3 season and converted/winterized by adding exterior walls, a basement and attic insulation but sure cou;d use more in the attic!!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 10:15am
holy sht Pete! a brass pole, beer cooler, maybe even some slot machines. that is truly a man cave
"the things you own will start to own you"
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 8:28pm
Pete,

Looks awesome. :DROOL:
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 8:37pm
I think it needs to be named 'Pete's Retreat' and you should open up weekend long classes so we can all come learn from the master himself!!
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 8:44pm
Eric,
I drove past Weasles on the way to Eagle River last weekend and their sign announced that they were looking for a DJ and an MC type person, sounds like the end of the line for a long time topless joint and the start of a dance club. Maybe Pete can get one of the old stripper poles. Or one of the old strippers!
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 9:23pm
Charlie, couldn't he just get a liquor license and reopen the joint at his new "location"? It is Wisconsin,see if Quinner will help out
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 9:27pm

It is Wisconsin,see if Quinner will help out

Gary....I don't even want to know how you found that site! Plus, everyone knows Quinner and hollywood only do their little dance at reunions!

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 9:52pm
I was trying to find this but could not remember the name Chris. Back in the day Wisconsin's drinking age was 18 where as Illinois was 21.Alot of the girls at the phone company would go and monday morning that is all you'd hear about.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Gary....I don't even want to know how you found that site!

I was trying to find this.

???? are you sure???    

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2011 at 10:49am
Gary
You know the more I think about it..... Pete hits the rack pretty early every nite so he could get a lot more out of his new shop if he ran it 2 shifts, boat repair first shift, topless joint/bar 2nd!
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2011 at 10:36pm

All I can say is WOW, what a shop !!!

Would love to come up and see it one day.

I can hear my wife now, Hey its time to leave.... just another
minute honey...hehe

Dave
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2011 at 12:50am
Pete,
You make me want to push my shop in and start over!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2011 at 7:41am
Alway go one size bigger than you think!!!!!!!!!! just my advice if i could afford it i would have a 200x200 warehouse cant get enough toys

!!!!!!!!!!!
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2011 at 7:20pm
This trip up north was going to be 1&1/2 days of work. Still plenty to do in the shop but the plan was foiled by one of the bugs that's going around. My head is so stuffed up that I'm constantly dizzy! So, for the most part I laid low and only got one small job done.

This is the Minihelic gauge that came with the dust collector. I made the face plate so it could be flush mounted in the wall. When it gets up to 3" of water, It's time to clean the filter.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2011 at 9:59pm
I went up north for the weekend to basically get the boats ready for summer however I was able to get some more work done on the shop. It's the multitude of small things that take the time!

I had made a 3/4" (too tall) miscalculation on the pegboard panels I made for the utility (pantry) cabinets. Still to this day, I don't know how I did that?? I was able to save them by flipping the "L" brackets on the bottom slides over and then making some Maple spacers so they are in.

I need to come up with some kind of inventory location system. With 140 fastener containers on the one pull out, I'd be looking forever to locate one size of bolt/screw/nut/etc. Any software guys out there with any ideas?

I got the "W" beams painted so the next trip up will be hanging the hoists and running the electrification conductor bars.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112>
  Share Topic