Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

learning to barefoot

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 125126127128129 152>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2015 at 2:01pm
Made the WBC crash video (1:10 and 1:32)
Working one onefoots that morning and constantly forgot to flex the ankles, but curled the toes haha
https://youtu.be/0YjJhn2UkEk

Looking forward to foot with some CCF buds one of these days!
1994 Sport Nautique
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2015 at 2:12pm
Ya'll know this feeling (and somehow love it haha)
1994 Sport Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2015 at 2:42pm
Great pics Seb. Looked at the video last night. Except for the jump falls and the surface turn falls (not quite there yet) I could relate to pretty much every one. Love good barefoot fall pics. One of my favorites is Kapla. At this point it looks pretty innocent, but we all know what's coming.

He had just slipped out of a toe hold, so this is one foot speed.

I kind of like this sequence of mine. A little fuzzy as it is captured from a video (taken by Adam Deen)

Steve also posted one of my all time favorites, of Sydney. His "yard sale" pic.

Just part of the reasons I love this sport.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2015 at 6:25pm
Larry, nice pics.

We got our son up on the seahorse

Then I worked on wake crossings

Then I got carried away....pretty banged up from trying, but we all know, never waste an audience ...
1994 Sport Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2015 at 6:46pm
Some guys I work with were talking about BF pushups today. I've never tried. How did they coach you? Do you start on your back and roll over or do you start on your belly/chest? Tho I guess it really probably doesn't matter. And how fast?
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2015 at 7:13pm
started on belly, arms stretched out
once on plane (you, not the boat), straight arms with hands at hip and then slowly dig in...
Speed????But the bruises tell me I should have gotten a long sleeve BF suit LOL
Will try to do a video at one point in time
1994 Sport Nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2015 at 6:03pm

latest run from this weekend

sorry for the bad link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7beoKDk3QK8
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2015 at 12:32am
Nice run kap! You make it look easy!
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2015 at 4:27pm
Greg and Dave Hart out for a tand run

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2015 at 12:39pm
Great picture. It was good to see you at Sebago, Greg. I'm glad the lake was reasonably calm for you. We all liked watching bacerds skiing and James appreciated your pointers. I wish Tom was able to get out of bed and give it a try.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2015 at 2:17pm
Larry,

here a short video of how to do the push ups.
Maybe one of these days we can find the tim to work on this in NC
1994 Sport Nautique
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2015 at 12:23pm
2015 US Nationals are on right now
here the feed
http://barefoot.org/2015/08/07/livestream/
1994 Sport Nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2015 at 5:28pm
Damn still camera won't show the action! only the start, and the voice of the commentator
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2015 at 5:54pm
working for me. Watched off and on all day.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2015 at 7:05pm
yes now I see but the camera position on the jump event sucks! you only se the landing!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2015 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Toertel Toertel wrote:

Larry,
here a short video of how to do the push ups.
Maybe one of these days we can find the tim to work on this in NC

Seb, not sure if you posted that because of my comment above or because you saw my fail attempt posted on FB. For the benefit of others...

Thanks for that link, but I had already found that vid and studied it before trying. I think I just might need some smoother water to get the feel of it for the first time.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2015 at 3:37pm
This kid...

And a WBC "lowlight" compilation that makes me want to quit barefooting
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2015 at 3:49pm
Larry, look how much higher his boom is. For the push ups, I feel it's ok to "dangle" LOL. Also, wrap up the loop a few more times around the boom. I usually see people hook their free foot behind the one in the trap so you can "push down" on both ankles.
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2015 at 4:06pm
Some of those falls are going to leave a mark!
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2015 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

This kid...

And a WBC "lowlight" compilation that makes me want to quit barefooting

I skied with Jackson once. Really nice kid, friendly, helpful and talented (scored 7200 in tricks at the PGA open I think). But frustrating as he makes it look easy....
And I made the last crash vid 2 times, so don't quit because of me LOL
1994 Sport Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2015 at 4:12pm
Kevin,

I acknowledge both of those comments and recognized them going into it. But... 1 - I didn't feel like messing with the boom height, but probably will next time and 2 - I tried winding the rope (just like shown in the video) but it just pulled back out, not sure how to make it stick. But I would like to make those two adjustments before heading out again. the hooking the foot is something that didn't occur to me and is a good idea.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2015 at 10:32pm
This is the life
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2015 at 3:36pm
I picked this up the other day for $10. Besides something to goof around on it will work well for beginning barefoot instruction. Simply could not resist

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2015 at 5:07pm
man it has been quiet when it comes to BF (guess Kapla is hibernating and the rest stopped footing LOL)

Last weekend I was honored by the presence of Mr Deen and ready for some footing action

We ran into the same SeaRay owner (aka SeaRay Mike)that respected the calm water last year when Adam and Jackie visited us on lake lanier and as a reward continued to teach him how to foot.
Mike did well on the boom and 5ft line and I'm sure we now have him convinced he needs to ditch the I/O and buy a real boat. He did really well

Mike then decided to be a true footer and not waste the audience (we all know what happens next...and judging by the facial expression, Mike knew what was coming...)

The I got my last practice run in before the Sunday Funday race at Buckethead

And since we were missing Adam, I tried to honor him with a butt glide (somehow that sounds wrong with butt being part of the sentence related to Adam...)

Jackie stepped of the ski and stared footing, no suit needed as we know he will not fall (pics will come later)
1994 Sport Nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2015 at 5:09pm
Awesome stuff!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2015 at 6:43pm
I don't have a picture to post, but my son Tom, who's been MIA for the past few years got up long line last week for the first time. I watched him take a good mile run yesterday including skiing through some big boat wakes. He got his first lesson from Brad Harper at the Sokokis Lake Reunion in 2007 when he was about 13. Maybe Dave will post a picture.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2015 at 6:48pm
Cool stories and pics.

Pink purple & teal, you've really nailed the 1994 look there Toert. Splash of yellow with the rope too, perfect.
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2015 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Cool stories and pics.

Pink purple & teal, you've really nailed the 1994 look there Toert. Splash of yellow with the rope too, perfect.

What can I say HW, I'm a 90's kid. I also roll up my jacket sleeves and wear white slacks like Sonny and Tubbs, listening to the drum solo in "In the air tonight" while riding in my Camaronwith the windows down
1994 Sport Nautique
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 10:57am
As requested here is Tom Hart's first and second long line run.

He seemed pretty pumped which hopefully translates to not staying up so late and getting up earlier on the weekends.

bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 11:09am
Congrats tom!!! Sounds like dad and brother are very proud as they should be. I hope to have a pic just like yours some day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 125126127128129 152>
  Share Topic