NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your first Boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 11>
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2006 at 10:25am
Nope, its public. Its pretty small (180 acres)with limited parking at the ramp, so that limits how many boats come in from out of town. It can get fairly busy on weekends in July-August, but its pretty quiet during the week.

My mom will appreciate your comment on the lawn!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2006 at 11:56am
TRB,
Great shots of the summer digs and your folks... Not to many families around where parents and sibling own boats together and ski together.. Hats off to your family for keeping the pa$$ion !!!

Thanks again for the cool pics..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2006 at 9:19pm
Decided to bring back this thread since I have some old home movies now of my family's first boats. The dreaded home movies. I somewhat recommend that no one under 50 look at this as you may find it a bit tedious. The "old timers" may appreciate it a bit more.

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2006 at 9:24pm
I think that's awesome Larry.

Still about 1000 others on this site. Would love to see all "your" first boats.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 9:02am
Larry,
Man, those old movies were great. What a treasure they are. Thanks for putting them here on line. My dad has a lot of feet of old 8mm, I don't know if any of it is still good. I'm going to have to check into how to convert to digital.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 9:51am

Great stuff man! At my folks place dug through the albums and found and scanned some photos however there may be some other great stuff on 8mm, anybody have any ideas how to get these things converted to DVD? Is this a service you can get at a photo shop or Wal Mart, pops has some deal that is supposed to do it but it looks like it would take weeks to get through it all.

Thanks,

Q

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 10:28am
CQ, all you need is a player for your 8mm and a DVD recorder, pretty cheap, we sell them here.

Larry, very cool. Was it common to have video cameras back then? I would think it was a "luxury" item.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 10:28am
Thanks for the kind words. I think there are video services that will convert old 8 or 16 mm movies to DVD. About ten years ago, my dad took all his dads (back to the 1930s) and all his (from 1946 to 1966) movies and bought a gizmo to convert them to VHS. There is over 6 hours worth. He then did the music and narration. Now that he is gone, its a real treasure having them and hearing his voice tell the stories.

Kurt, you arent thinking back far enough. Quinner and I weren't referring to 8mm videos but 8 mm film and the old movie projectors with the two reels. There is an extra step in there to project the film into a special box with lenses and a small screen with a video camera at the other end.       
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 10:40am
Larry,

Great videos. I'm sure you have a lot of memories of skiing. By the way, you haven't changed a bit!. What lake were you on?

I'm going to get that gizmo at Best Buy and post some of my old videos. This is an excellent thread.

Ken
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

By the way, you haven't changed a bit!. What lake were you on?

Well, Maybe some things, a little bit.

Ken,

That Dazzle thing is what I got. Once you use it to complete the transfer, I would then go into Windows Movie Maker. Does the same stuff as far as editing and composing as the software that comes with the Dazzle, but I think the Windows program seems to be much faster and less cumbersome than the Pinnacle software. Have fun with it. I am.

Ken, that was Kayuta Lake up in central NY, near Utica.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 1:36pm
Damn, you guys are old.

Hey, when I was in grade school we watched some films on reels.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

Hey, when I was in grade school we watched some films on reels.

Love the cla$$ic driver's education films. Those were the days. Health cla$$ was a hoot as well. Uncontrolable laughter when the teacher would talk about certain organs. Remember that?

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 2:45pm
Larry,

I meant that you don't age! Yes, your skiing/footn' has improved.

I'll be posting a home video of me from 1992, learning how to barefoot. I was 19 with the Flock of Seagulls hair syle. I miss the front of my hair touching my nose.

Ken
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 5:44pm
Spent the last couple days with my folks celebrating Christmas, today we watched hours of 8mm films, I just dropped off 5 reels of boats and skiing to be converted to dvd, dating back to the 50's including my first ski run, 1970, I was 6yrs old, great stuff!

Q
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 8:13pm
My boat is my first. Here's a link. I hope to give my kids all the great memories I keep hearing all of you remember fondly.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 8:44pm
Larry: Those videos are totally awesome! Thanks for sharing. Wish I had some, my Dad looked just the same in the fifties when he was teaching me and my brother.

I spent an evening goin' thru old pics and now have some of mine. So I gotta get to wallyworld this weekend to get them scaned. Then I'll try to get them on here. What a great thread, BKH! Probably have to call ya for help Brian.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 11:09pm
Larry Rocks.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2006 at 11:31pm
Flock of Seagulls in '92? Weren't you behind a few years there? haha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 11:09am
Gary,
Looks like a little trouble with your pic. I a$$ume your first boat is the one in the diary section.

Larry,
Just looked at your video again. Gotta love those old "Ski Belts." I think we had four or five around which we didn't throw out till the 80s.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by 65 'cuda 65 'cuda wrote:

My boat is my first. Here's a link. I hope to give my kids all the great memories I keep hearing all of you remember fondly.

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 12:32pm
Brian,
We still have several of the old "ski belts." My mom even hand made some out of foam and covered them with cloth and a canvas belt. That's all we used till I was in high school.   

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by bkhallpa$$ bkhallpa$$ wrote:

Gotta love those old "Ski Belts."

BKH

I don't think my dad loved 'em so much. You may have heard him say he stuck to two skis. That's because he took a bad fall a few years earlier (before my time, I just heard the story) and the crappy ski belt was forced up under his rib cage and tore some of his insides up, injuring him pretty badly. He always took it easy after that.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 9:07pm
http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/jbear1
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 9:13pm
http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/jbear16
I ain't gettin' this
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 9:16pm
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/jbear16/001_1.jpg

why isn't my pic showing up?
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 9:25pm

This is a pic of my '93 at our place in Tennessee. Can't believe this is so hard!
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 9:27pm

Here is my '78. Wish I could post more than one pic at a time.
"Loud pipes save lives"

hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 9:31pm
Hey jbear, do you have a place on the water in TN? If so where?
Heath
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 9:31pm

Here is my '81. Looks alot like the '80. Wrecked this one against the Bay bridge and almost tossed mrs jbear out the week before she graduated from college.
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2006 at 9:34pm

me and mrs jbear goin' upriver fast at Norris in our '98.
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic