Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

learning to barefoot

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 141142143144145 152>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2016 at 2:47pm
Last I checked barefooting was about skiing on your bare feet not your ass.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2016 at 3:08pm
I have had both eagle and BI. I like the color options with Eagle but feel as though the BI is a better suit
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2016 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Last I checked barefooting was about skiing on your bare feet not your ass.

Well, that all depends on who it was you checked with.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2016 at 3:49pm
Clearly demonstrating not barefooting.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2016 at 4:08pm
If I were in the market for a new suit and I wanted to be able to do longline tumbles I'd get a Barefoot International hands down...best suit for tumbles. I would get some shorts too...maybe the BI but maybe just some 2mm from barts...wetsuit shorts under the barefoot suit increase slideability greatly.
This is the life
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2016 at 4:11pm
Ive got 3 friends with them ill try one of them.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2016 at 4:41pm
If you have an ill fitting or worn out suit or not enough padding / neoprene thickness and you try tumbles it will feel like someone is kicking you in the back super fast and its majorly distracting at best...and rips you right off the rope at worst...short sleeve suits catch less than sleeveless too
This is the life
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2016 at 4:53pm
sleeve suits are a pain to take on and off. I think its more me and not the suit.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2016 at 7:25pm
Barefoot suits are a pain to get on and off...thus...Hey man can you give me a peel?
This is the life
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2016 at 12:40pm
Yesterday morning

Here is a fun one
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2016 at 4:26pm
Last Night Backwards

Last Night Forwards

Was trying to work on my tumbles and back deeps. I suck
halfnelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halfnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2016 at 6:23pm
Nice!

I'm FAR from an expert, but it looks like you're almost throwing yourself into the tumble turn too aggressively. My dad once told me to just sit down, the tumble will happen on it's own if you keep the handle in. That's really all I've ever done on them. I'm sure the barefoot aficionados here will be able to help break it down more than that.

Brian
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2016 at 6:27pm
Yea really, this isn't a competition trick pass there's no rush.
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2016 at 1:03am
I think they look cooler like that. The more old school way just need some more practice to get slowed down.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2016 at 1:48am
Nuthin wrong with fast just harder to control......i know you gotta ski where and when you can but try try to get smooth water to learn new stuff

Naaa you don't suck...saw shoes going in too much toes first...but you fixed it...be patient...as you get up bring the shoes together under you knees bent and ride it away...no faster than 20-25 for back wards on the shoes ...while first learning
This is the life
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2016 at 9:28am
Originally posted by lcgordon lcgordon wrote:

Last Night Backwards

Last Night Forwards

Was trying to work on my tumbles and back deeps. I suck

Landis
Whenever you think you suck go back and read through this topic and consider the effort that others have put into what you are trying to accomplish - it is not easy and only becomes harder when your instruction is limited to on line help.
For me, I struggled for nearly a season and half before getting to the point I am at is with mostly good water conditions, good driving and experienced instruction (locally and in FL).
Success will come at varying levels for each of us - stick with it.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2016 at 11:29am
First Back Deep

Ive done them before. I learned like 3 mo ago and have not done them since. Was more frustrated that I can do them but in 7 tries I did not get up still. I felt like I was pretty close on my 6th try.

The tumbles I was working on a new style. I am trying to figure out how to do them long line and longline I get suck at the 180 part then I have to give rope to the boat then pull on it to get going again and I always start bouncing and let go or some other crazy thing happens.

Yeah I cant wait til october thats when footing season starts. We only really get good water from october to april. We still get ok water now but its not really footing water but its good enough to get a good slalom set in.

The sorta bad water has made my trick skiing really progress this year and im even learning some toes.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2016 at 12:49pm
I may know why you're " struggling"....if you learned it 3 mos ago and are having trouble now there's two things going on...that barefoot suit...chuck it get the BI and BI shorts ...next try just as hard as you did when you learned 3 months ago...a phenomenon that occurs is the "oh I got this" which results in less effort being expended and thus frustration....i think your case is mostly bad suit
This is the life
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2016 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by lcgordon lcgordon wrote:

The tumbles I was working on a new style. I am trying to figure out how to do them long line and longline I get suck at the 180 part then I have to give rope to the boat then pull on it to get going again and I always start bouncing and let go or some other crazy thing happens.

Your tumbles are getting stuck because your handle is way out above your head. Get the handle to your hip and you'll be get it.   You have to give the boat some rope and pull on it again because you're behind the handle.   Handle is your pivot point and you pivot at the center.   keep at it ..
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2016 at 1:09pm
I had a suit then I ripped it. So I put on an old extra one and it is crap so I borrowed my buddies old one that is way too small and it kinda sucks also. So yesterday I bit the bullet and bought a new eagle suit. I tried adams and I liked it and the medium tall fit well. Ive got some shorts also I had those on during the tumble turns. Yes your right those suits are junk.

I was trying really hard. I was focusing on turning my feet out. I have a problem with jabbing them in straight up and down.
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2016 at 1:52pm
I went back and watched these from last week and I can see even on my better one I got to the first hip good then trying to go to my second hip It gets away from me. Second one has some feet one foot attempts in it. Have not tried those in a long time.
Better one

Bad one
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2016 at 9:59pm
Keep knees bent more...plant closer to butt...keep handle in a circle from belly button to nipples
This is the life
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2016 at 1:26pm
Bummed BFC got back to me saying suit is backorderd because eagle did not get a shipment of neoprene.
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2016 at 1:10pm
Was so excited last night. I think I tried atleast 10 times or maybe more but I finally got up backwards for the first time since the beginning of the summer. This one actually felt so much better because all of my attempts were really close but I just could not get it.

I figured out that I had to do a crunch just a bit to get stood up. I thought I was doing that but I guess not.

Also I was so much closer than I ever have been on my front to back. Technically I was skiing backwards for a split second.

Back Deep

Front to back
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2016 at 1:35pm
Speed seems excessive in the f2b video. That's gonna make things harder
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2016 at 1:48pm
I dont think he knew I was going to try it. It was a little quick.
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2016 at 1:49pm
Coming from adam the best speed is about 30-32
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2016 at 2:10pm
ADAM TURNS

Think we started at 30 and went down a mph each time to about 27mph to make it harder.
The last one was on his feet. That is the second one he has ever done.
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2016 at 2:29am
Got home from vacation yesterday and although we had some bad winds all week last week we were able to hit the water for a few hours each morning after first light. Happy to report. We have 6 new footers on the roster than we had last saturday. some got up for a short period and some went more. but everyone who got a chance to try were able to get up which was great.
I will put up some video and pictures once i can get them from the ones who were filming.
So I first put my sister, brother and girlfriend in the BI seat/handle which worked out well. it seemed a little sketchy when they would lose their footing. Almost like they were going to smash their teeth off the bar but they never did. Still; I don't think i will be using that method with many people in the future. It didn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling.
Without using the seat the girls seemed to have a hard time getting themselves turned around and I had no real suggestions on technique to offer to help with getting their feet out in front of them when starting on their belly.

I have a question and am open to suggestions. How much do you think the BI boom can handle? In other words, can I put 2 "seats" on the boom and have two riders on it at same time? My brother has a handicap, and in lack of better terms has to learn by seeing it done, instructions given before hitting the water or from the boat only confuse and aggravate him, but he wants to learn and wont give up. So what I am thinking is sitting in a seat closer to the boat and having him out further on the boom, out of the chine spray. but this way he can watch me and do as I do.
1988 Barefoot nautique-454
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2016 at 1:41pm
I think the boom can handle 2 ppl. The WBC guys put like 4 ppl on theirs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 141142143144145 152>
  Share Topic