Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

learning to barefoot

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2425262728 152>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2010 at 7:51pm
I've seen some guys put those neoprene slalom leg-n's on over the drysuit to fix that, but it looks pretty gay, but whatever works I guess.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2010 at 7:55pm
so it seems normal......
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2010 at 6:44pm
still no videos..lol but got out last saturday..and worked out the starts..I got to bend the knees after releasing my feet from the rope..now its more clean.
I worked the tumple turn in both directions and also 1 footers..with the left foot on the water...
2 nice runs..3-5 minutes each..then I was exhausted...my forearms where killing me and I couldn´t hold the handle..
I wonder if you do some other excersice to improve the aerobic capacity..LOL
Seems my tennis twice a week is not enough..so today I started running....
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2010 at 9:14pm
Seb:
Don't feel too bad about getting tired fast. My neck seal is tight and I fatigue quicker in a dry suit. A lot quicker than my barefoot wetsuit.

On the one-foots: don't neglect your "reverse" foot, which is your bad side.
Got Foot?
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2010 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

went saturday to do some footing, damn it was cold!! still need to work some in the 3 point before planting my feet...I get fuzzed on where to put my arms when going from sliding on the butt to when I try to bend the knees to glide the 3 points..I try to lift my arms around the knees but then I loose force and water slaps me back..then I try to control again..and that its...with the cold I burn to fast....
Only 5 minutes I was able to runs before I totally burned..to finish the last run I was starting from the boom..and I ended up hitting the water with my shoulder and head (little bruise)..also my hand slaped against water making a nice bruise....
cold water feels like concrete....
at least body was warm inside the drysuit...

When you are gliding on your butt, the handle should be tight to the belt line, and elbows in. If the rope/handle are conflicting with your knees, your kness are too bent, and you are bent too much at the waist (that is, sitting up too high). Recline more, extend the legs a bit more, and your knees should not hit the handle.

When you get ready to plant your feet, "push" the handle forward. As your feet come to the water, your knees will go down, and your shoulders will come up, giving you lots of clearance.

Watch the start at the beginning of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7INIQG-HXk

Got Foot?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2010 at 10:10pm
TTT..I'm working there lol..
Roy
Possible trip dates are from 9-18 to 9-27..
need to arrange some things here but those possibly the dates. I'm with the wife... kids will stay at home...
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2010 at 10:25pm
We will get you on the water when you come. Keep me posted. When you get your final dates we can exchange phone numbers and you can decide when you can come to Sacramento from Burlingame. We can ski either the Delta, the Sacramento River, my club Sheridan Oaks, Twin Cites Ski Club, and possibly the Port of Sacramento Deep Water Channel. All are good sites, the water will still be warm. September has some of the lowest wind all year in this area. Conditions will be good.
Got Foot?
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2010 at 1:31am
If anyone is interested you can watch World's Live here from Germany.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2010 at 2:09pm
Congrats to TEAM USA for winning The World Championships and Davisd Small for breaking another World Jump Record
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 4:42am
Considering David is the new Champ, I will need to post this again for posterity: David's trip out to California and a clinic I attended. The guy is an awesome individual, patient, approachable. Can't say enough about him.

Footing with David

Me and David after an great day of footing:

Got Foot?
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 4:50am
Speaking of footing. Got a few videos to share:

Footing the Port

Ripping Sheridan

All told, I went out the last 4 days in a row. Not bad. Lots to work on right now: front one-foot wakes, back wake crossings (any kind at this point; not easy) back one-foots, back toe holds. Won't be able to knock those down by end of summer, so I guess I'm gonna have to foot through the winter, again...LOL.
Got Foot?
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 11:53am
Hey Roy, what are your thoughts about coming out ot Houston later in the year? I wonder If Seb might want to as well since Houston is a relitively close international airport.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 6:00pm
Ryan
for sure I´d like to meet you....I´m not sure I can make 2 trips to the states in 1 year..kinda expensive for me in all aspects
still waiting to get the ticket but my probable schedule for september trip is the following..from BA I fly to NY and stay from 8-18 to 8-20 or 21 then I fly to SF CA and stay there at burlingame at my uncle´s house..while I´m there I will try to meet Roy and Andy and possibly go for some foot runs. then I fly back to argentina from SF via Dallas on 8-26 or 8-27...
maybe you can make it by those dates to sacramento and meet there?
those are the dates for now...
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 9:14pm
How long is your lay over in Dallas?
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Hey Roy, what are your thoughts about coming out ot Houston later in the year? I wonder If Seb might want to as well since Houston is a relitively close international airport.

Always up for a foot trip. Isn't Lane Bowers coming to Texas soon?
Got Foot?
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 10:41pm
Have not heard, but I was thinkng about hitting up a clinic down there at BFC. You can ski in a wetsuit deep into the fall / winter there.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2010 at 11:23pm

How long is your lay over in Dallas?

its the flight combination mostly as there are no direct flights from SF to argentina..they go via MIA, NYC, Dallas...I have to check arrival and departure but the gap is always short..2 hours...
I´ll see what I can do If I take the dallas route..
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2010 at 2:03am
Originally posted by LakeBoy LakeBoy wrote:

Always up for a foot trip. Isn't Lane Bowers coming to Texas soon?

He'll be here next week. I think I'm going to book a 1/2 day on Tuesday and a full dat Saturday. That should help alot.
simluo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simluo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2010 at 2:06am
If you fought with your archlord money,sweetheart last night, does that mean that your relationship is on the rocks?Maybe. Maybe not.Research shows it's how we fight -- where, when, what tone of voice and words we use, whether we hear each other out fairly -- that's critical. If we argue poorly, we may end up headed for divorce court. Yet if we argue well, experts say, we actually may improve our relationship.Esther and Bill Bleuel learned to change the way they fight. A few years ago, they had a serious spat while driving down Interstate 5 in California. The topic was a sore one: His adult daughters from his first marriage. Ms. Bleuel felt her husband paid more attention to them than to her archlord money.
    dog clothes,
Suddenly, Ms. Bleuel, who was driving, saw red lights flashing behind her. Glancing quickly at her speedometer, she realized she was traveling 96 miles per hour in 65 mph zone. She pulled over, and a policeman approached the car. Before she had a chance to speak, though, her husband said: 'Officer, it is my fault. I was arguing with my wife and she got upset.'Ms. Bleuel, a 64-year-old psychotherapist from Westlake Village, Calif., says that the policeman looked stunned, then replied: 'Oh boy, I know what it's like -- I'm married, too. But please, in the future, try to go easy on her.'It's great advice for everyone, right? But how do we do it? How can we learn to keep our cool when we're upset? How long should we let a disagreement go on? Is there always a 'winner'?'All couples disagree -- it's how they disagree that makes the difference,' says Howard Markman, professor of psychology at the University of Denver and co-director of the Center for Marital and Family Studies. For 30 years, Dr. Markman has conducted research that looks at how couples deal with conflict. A key finding: Couples who argue well are happier. Or, as Dr. Markman says, 'You can get angry, but it's important to talk without fighting. dog clothes'
       maple story mesos,
The latest findings from his research, published in June in the 'Journal of Family Psychology,' show that couples who reported they had negative communication before marriage -- criticizing each other's opinions, rolling their eyes, leaving the room -- were more likely to end up divorcing.Although research shows that the biggest issues couples argue about are money, sex, work, kids and housework, we all know the possibilities for conflict are endless. I've been asking couples what they argue about and have heard about plenty of fights over home renovations, plus sports cars, mini-skirts, how to a pack and whether to buy mayonnaise or Miracle Whip. One man said he and his girlfriend argue over whether to argue maple story mesos.
             flyff penya,
Diana Miller, a 65-year-old financial advisor from San Diego, once fought with a former boyfriend over Trout Amandine. She had spent more than an hour preparing it one evening. Her boyfriend loved the dinner, she says, but he became upset when she tossed the leftover wrapper and fish skin in the trash.I couldn't believe how unhappy he became about a potential fish stench when I had just cooked this great meal,' she says.I felt underappreciated and furious.' Ms. Miller responded by stomping her foot and telling her boyfriend that she was going for a walk -- and they could discuss the issue when she returned.It may be helpful to note that the experts make no distinction between arguing, fighting, bickering or even nagging (I was horrified to learn). They're all ways of expressing disagreement with another person that often become destructive, with one or both people using insults, clamming up or storming off flyff penya .
               last chaos gold,
Why do we do this? For starters, many of us learned by watching our parents have destructive arguments -- or bottle up their anger and give each other the silent treatment. We've also been raised to believe that success means winning -- and if one side wins, the other must lose.Now, here's the good news: It's possible to learn to argue in a much healthier way. The first thing you have to do is talk to the other person. 'The longer a conflict stews, the more likely we are going to get into catastrophe mode,' says Jennifer Samp, associate professor in the speech communication department at the University of Georgia and a fellow at the Institute for Behavioral Research last chaos gold.
            Designer Glasses,
'We are mulling it and thinking about it and it will become bigger and scarier and more threatening than if we are able to talk about it if it just comes up,' she says.Dr. Markman has developed a method, for helping couples settle disputes, called the 'speaker-listener technique,' which he details in a newly-revised edition of a book he wrote with several colleagues: 'Fighting for Your Marriage.'He says that couples who have a disagreement should call a 'couple's meeting' to discuss the issue without looking for a solution -- and set a time limit of 15 minutes. They may flip a coin to see who speaks Designer Glasses first.

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2010 at 12:23am
WTF!!!

well nice winter day here...70 degrees....so i left office at 3 pm and headed to the river....called the wife...bring the camera we are going out...oops she forgot it...
water was oily nice....nice session....sorry no video...
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 2:29pm
You forgot the video camera, but I remembered it:

Evening Footset!

Those winter days, Sebastian, are some of the best.
Got Foot?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2010 at 5:27pm
indeed..winter footing.. summer wakeboard...
this past weeken we had a very nice weather..saturday 75º too bad I couldn´t go..had a social event...yesterday I was out but late..only to test drive my new stereo intall...
Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 1:42pm
Great video!! The dock start looked like the timing was a little off with the boat
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 2:14pm
nice..water is perfect as always..nice back to front turn!!!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2010 at 10:45pm
Footed with Lane Bowers today. Popping the Ibueprophin like Pez candies. Details and pics to follow.
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2010 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Wacko Wacko wrote:

Great video!! The dock start looked like the timing was a little off with the boat

It was off. I coulda used a bit more speed. I don't normally do dock starts on the boom, but it seemed like a good idea?!
Got Foot?
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2010 at 2:27pm

Footed with Lane Bowers today. Popping the Ibueprophin like Pez candies. Details and pics to follow.

Footin with the dawg? Lucky.

Ripped a set last night. 105 deg. here in Sacramento. No wind. My lake is notorious for cold water (Sierra snow melt) was 78 deg. Ahhhhhh....
Got Foot?
Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2010 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by LakeBoy LakeBoy wrote:

Originally posted by Wacko Wacko wrote:

It was off. I coulda used a bit more speed. I don't normally do dock starts on the boom, but it seemed like a good idea?!

I can imagine!!! We used to dock start long line but it gives you a lot more time for the boat to accelerate. Off the boom your timing would have to be pretty much perfect.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2010 at 3:46pm
It's not really a dockstart...it's more of a flop and go...it's a bit shallow and close to the dock and just 5ft of handle to work with so I would not recommend anyone do a flying dockstart off the boom...it could be done but with boom flex it could go bad pretty easily.

we do it longline there all the time...or do a drag off where we just sit on the carpet and get dragged off longline

But I think you know he wasn't really trying for a flyer.
This is the life
LakeBoy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LakeBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2010 at 3:48pm
Andy is alive!
Got Foot?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2425262728 152>
  Share Topic