Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HO kneeboard opinions

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bwana50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwana50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HO kneeboard opinions
    Posted: September-09-2008 at 11:25pm
First, "hi everybody!", forum newbie checking in.

I've been looking for an inexpensive used compression-molded kneeboard. Recently an HO 5-Forty has popped up near me; anyone have experience with that board? I'd consider myself early-intermediate level.

Tim
1996 Ski Nautique
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 12:39am

This is a good board. Make an offer.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
jdkenyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdkenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 6:51pm
I have the older version of that board and really like it.
skibum1110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibum1110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2008 at 1:17pm
I ride a Neptune trident Ted Bevelacqua signature board. One of the best kneeboards ever made. There very hard to find, but if you do get one of those. There was one with a carbon fiber deck and one with a yellow deck.
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
2006 Ski Nautique 206 Limited
2005 Air Nautique 206 Team
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2008 at 9:28pm
The Hydroslide "Explosion" is the same as the "Trident" with different graphics.
Neptune sold the mold to Hydroslide.

I still use an old O'Brien airageous and love it
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2008 at 9:47pm
I have HO Joker I got awhile back, Whoa what a slick ride.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2008 at 11:15pm
Welcome Tim,
You'll find all the info you need here. I however can't help you one this on as I don't like any forein objects on, under or around me. LOL
Best of Luck,
Steve
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2008 at 11:06am
Tim,

First of all welcome to the best bunch of boat bud's you'd ever want.

Secondly, I can't help you with that particular kneeboard but I own 2 O'Brien Airageous kneeboards. I love those boards and so do the 4 other ladies in the family that ride em. Paid full price for my first one. Was looking for a second so that two could ride at the same time and only paid $40 for the second (on ebay of course).

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2008 at 3:33am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

I love those boards and so do the 4 other ladies in the family that ride em.

Hmmmmm....the 4 other ladies.....

You seemed pretty manly when me and Patti met ya.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2008 at 8:55am
Ask anyone of them John and they'll tell you that I'm a "Girly Man". Too much estrogen in one household if you ask me but sooner or later I'll get a skibud out of one of em' to increase the testosterone level. Either that or have to be packing at all times.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2008 at 2:22am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

have to be packing at all times.

Your suitcase...or a gun?!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2008 at 9:15am
Ha!...............as Radio would say..... "Both!"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2008 at 3:03am
Saw a picture of all your ladies on the Christmas thread...I'd suggest a gun. Very nice looking crew. From Mom all the way on down....in fact...Kim looks like a sister..not the Mom. You musta married over your head this time..just like I did.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2008 at 1:54am
The trident/explosion I wouldnt condsider a good early intermediate board as its not all that forgiving, the 5-forty will do you right if you get it on the cheap you will be happy with it. Or just save your body some wear and tear and get a wakeboard..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2008 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Kim looks like a sister..not the Mom. You musta married over your head this time..just like I did.

john

Second times the charm. It's better when your spouse is classier than you.

Well...............Most of the time. After this Christmas/New Years eating we've both over done we've promised each other to be in much better shape for boating season.. Guess I'd better hit the Wings-n-Beer one last time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic