NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 09’

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 9>
Author
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Green Lake 09’
    Posted: October-17-2008 at 2:48pm
For those who did not see Keith's post in a different thread, GL09' dates have already been established. That's right, even before the end of the year, it has been decided that Green Lake will take place the weekend of July 17-19th, 09'.

This is one week later that the event has been the last three years. Those who have already made reservations for the previous week, you'll need to change them. For those planning on coming for the first time, there are plenty of places to stay including the ever popular camping area Hattie Sherwood campground..

It's going to be a long winter, but at least we know the dates are solid and you can plan accordingly..

Any questions, feel free to ask..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2008 at 5:30pm
I'll have to coordinate with JBear first. I'll call him this weekend.
Then we can see to make reservations for us
Can't wait to meet you guys!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2008 at 12:05am
Kristof: The week later change is very bad for Patti and I. The new dates put us in conflict with our Tennessee vacation with all our Ohio Ski Club buds. I will have to look at the calender closer. I have talked to MM about a road trip to GL instead of flying. That would be fun and you and Chantal would get to see alot of the USA.

Moj: I need to change my reservations so if we don't make it, the room would be avalible for our Belguim friend but....I seem to have lost or misplaced the number. You got it? Thanks.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2008 at 1:03am
I just want to thank you guys for doing it early,makes it easier for us who have to pick our vacations soon. I also hope the water is smoother and it's hotter than heck.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2008 at 3:49pm
Just called the Bay View and changed my dates.

The new dates make for tight bookings. If you stay there better make the change ASAP, for they already have a large group for that wkend.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2008 at 5:17pm
So, where should I make reservations? Which motel do you guys recommend? (It would be nice not having to walk -or crawl- a too long distance from the bar where we have the last beer...)

MM, if JBear and Patti can't make it, you would take us on a road trip? I'd like that!
You can always send me a mail if you want: kristof.erens@skynet.be
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2008 at 5:20pm
Crap, sorry Jbear. I didn't see your request. You'll find all the phone numbers to all the hotels here on the GL Chamber site.
GL Chamber Info
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2008 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

So, where should I make reservations? Which motel do you guys recommend? (It would be nice not having to walk -or crawl- a too long distance from the bar where we have the last beer...)

MM, if JBear and Patti can't make it, you would take us on a road trip? I'd like that!
You can always send me a mail if you want: kristof.erens@skynet.be

Kristof,
Check the post above this one. The closest hotels are the Bayview and the Lakeside Inn's. There are also close B&B's and small rental houses right in town within walking distance. One place call the "Tuck-me-Inn" is a 2 bedroom house directly across from the boat ramp and next to the bar... I would check it out. Perhaps go in with another couple etc...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2008 at 7:08pm
Bayview is booked full.

Also, for those of you with children, you might want to make sure the B & B you choose allows a 3rd person in the room. We loved McConnell Inn, but we can't stay there if we bring our kid next year. They said the village code does not allow more than 2 to stay in a room in a B & B.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2008 at 8:15pm
I heard that about McConnell as well. We used to stay with both kids at the Oakwood for years, unless that's changed..??

Moj'

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

I have talked to MM about a road trip to GL instead of flying. That would be fun and you and Chantal would get to see alot of the USA.
john

I also think that could be a great trip for Kristof and Chantal, as we've got our typical caravan of 4-5 boats/vehicles making that yearly trek with plenty of extra space. We'd also love to play host for an afternoon/evening to our favorite Belgians at Lake Norman. Then, on to a nice ride up thru the mountains, thru the rolling hills and across the flatlands up to GL, while picking up several more along the way.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

I have talked to MM about a road trip to GL instead of flying. That would be fun and you and Chantal would get to see alot of the USA.

Well at least every rest stop anyways!
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 1:18pm
Why are their so many Wal-mart's and McDonalds here!! (hehe)
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 8:14pm
Thanks for the invite ReidP!
Sounds like a great idea...

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2008 at 11:42pm
Drats, I have a wedding already scheduled for the weekend of July 17. I was hoping to meet Kristoff as well--might have to drive to Reid's to catch him!

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2008 at 11:53pm
Any chance you can persuade them to get hitched in GL, Chuck?

If anyone ends up room-less, don't forget the option to rent a nice camper and stay at Hattie Sherwood, which the rental companies delivered to site. At least 3 parties did that this year including Hollywood, Quinner, and myself. I believe the cost was comparable to the various motels/hotels.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2008 at 12:34am
Originally posted by The Lake The Lake wrote:

Drats, I have a wedding already scheduled for the weekend of July 17. I was hoping to meet Kristoff as well--might have to drive to Reid's to catch him!

Chuck

Chuck, I think we also have a wedding to attend that weekend! wanna take a bus to Reids?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2008 at 1:22am
reidp, that sounds like fun at Hattie Sherwood.
Thanks for the info, any fireworks planned.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2008 at 1:43am
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

reidp, that sounds like fun at Hattie Sherwood.
Thanks for the info, any fireworks planned.

I have already reserved my two favorite waterfront spots at Hattie Sherwood, a few things may go bang every now and then...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2008 at 2:03am
If you are their Joe, I know it will be LOUD!

I did not think about staying at that spot, but now I might have to join the fun over there.

Just don't wake up the Doc. (hehe) or start running.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2008 at 2:12am

If you are their Joe, I know it will be LOUD!

Just don't wake up the Doc. (hehe) or start running.

The good doc has been my neighbor at Hattie two years running hopefully will be again, I warned him and Karen to go ahead and cover their ears before I pulled out this year but with my accent I dont know that they figured out what I was saying soon enough.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2008 at 2:21am
Good one, down here we say:

Watch out
Heads up
Or just plain (OH SH...t)!!!

It's all fun..
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2008 at 11:22am

Good one, down here we say:

Watch out
Heads up
Or just plain (OH SH...t)!!!

It's all fun..

I thought it all started with:

WATCH THIS!
Greg

86 BFN
burban65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2008 at 10:23pm
All,
Help me out - we are going to try to come up for the weekend and may even stay longer. For those who are "regulars" what is a good area to stay around the lake (if we can rent a cottage) or what should we stay clear of? Your sound advice will be good for a few drinks on my tab. Thanks.

Steve B - Fort Wayne Indiana
SRB
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2008 at 1:24am
Originally posted by burban65 burban65 wrote:

Your sound advice will be good for a few drinks on my tab. Thanks.
Steve B - Fort Wayne Indiana

You ever heard of the PLBC, 67Nautique312, quinner, or the "shot ski"? You better be bringing plenty of "tab" money. These guys are thirsty.

You will meet the greatest bunch of guys and their families and have the time of your life.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2008 at 1:43am
burban65,
can't make GL09 or I'd caravan with you. do you boat in steuben county? I'm on hamilton lake.
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2008 at 4:40pm
Steve,

Mojo and Raindog are the "Mayors" of Green Lake, they should be able to guide you to a good spot. Last year we stayed at the campground, stayed Tues-Mon. Reid hooked us up with a rental trailer, worked out great and there is always quite a few from our group staying there, no matter where you stay it will be a great time!
burban65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2008 at 3:55am
All,
Thanks for the feedback.
86 BFN - we boat on James (Snow and Jimmerson). Quinner I will follow up with the "Mayors" and Jbear I usually find a high bar tab is the norm when boating....just part of the deal.
I am going to Map Quest a few things as we have some family with a place in Door County. We have never visited but if things work out right we may be able to road trip and boat for the week.

Steve B.
SRB
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2008 at 11:43am
Hiya Steve,
Making a decision to come to GL09' is a decision you won't regret.. Regarding accommodations, they are plentiful. Hotels, B&B's, rental properties on and off lake, plus a great campground (where a lot of the action is)..

I would start by going to the Chamber website and looking around. There are three hotels and two B&B's within walking distance to the main boat ramp. They are:
Bayview Motel
Lakeside Motel
Green Lake Inn
Oakwood Lodge
McConnell Inn

Many of these are probably already booked out, but I would still try every one. Some of the B&B'sw arn't kid friendly, so please ask when booking..
GL Chamber site

It will be great to meet you and any family. There will be plenty to do, see, and drink...
Watch for the registration page to appear after the first of the year.. In the meantime, please feel free to contact myself or Raindog (Steve Evans) if you have any questions..

Merry Xmas !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

burban65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2008 at 10:29am
Mojo,
Thanks for the follow up information.

We are going to look to make this a little get away so it will only be my wife and I. I look foward to all the festivities.

Merry Christmas to you too.

Steve B
SRB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 9>
  Share Topic