Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 09’

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 9>
Author
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2009 at 11:58pm
I called to make our campsite reservation for Green Lake. I hope we can get 12 again. So you can count Renee and I in for a few days. Looking at Thursday evening thru Sunday. Going to take advantage of all the festivities this year!

Keep warm!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2009 at 12:34am
Todd, hook up to her/Come South/St. Johns River Run/ Sunny Florida/Mid 70's Temp/ Lottsa Old Boats/CCFANS/Next Weekend/
No Need To Wait Till Spring///////Boat dr

See You There

Just look at this as a warm up or spring training to the big time at Green Lake....See You There in July....Billy/Karen
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2009 at 9:43am
Chuck,

We are playing in bonner springs Ks at Side Pockets Friday night and Sat night in Olathe ks side Pockets......

One of these nights you are gonna have to come out and see us!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2009 at 4:29pm
Billy, sure sounds like it is going to be a heck of a good time! Unfortunately it is a big drive and we just don't have the time off work. I am having to skip family vacation to take full advantage of GL! Ahhh, time well spent!

Renee usually tows the boat all the way to Minnesota so I guess I could have her drive to Florida?? To get in warmer weather, she just might do that!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2009 at 3:02pm
I just reserved #33
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2009 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by ripster92 ripster92 wrote:

I received a conformation from Hattie Sherwood
yesterday [ 2/4/09] We will be on 37 and 38. I think they are next to the boat ramp? I can't wait for spring its been a long hard winter Wheres Al Gore now? The new boat is in transit should be here next week. I will post pics when it gets here. I hope you are all doing well I will see you at GL.

I just reserved #33 [/QUOTE]

Steve, good to hear you'll be back in 09'... What's this about a new boat?? What did you trade up to??

Long winter indeed, come on spring... Look forward to the pics of your new baby...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2009 at 4:06pm
OOOOOPPPPPS! I meant to grab a quote from Nautiquehunter above, but took the wrong stuff. No new boat for me..... Yet. And no new babies either (that I know of) Right now, all I have in my future is warmer weather.
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2009 at 4:25pm
Just called in 23 again, party row!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2009 at 4:31pm
Seems like barb gave away my spots 37 and 38 to nautique hunter, even though i confirmed them a few months ago... well I will be at the campsite one way or another ... always a good time.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2009 at 6:52pm
Call her back Joe !! Dat aint right !!! We know you like to be down in the dark cove with Tim and Doc..... Doh'... I'd call her back and bitch..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2009 at 7:03pm
done and done sorry nautique hunter I will buy you a beer or two at the goose blind
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2009 at 7:30pm
Joe The new caretaker is Reggy .    Hollywood we have the sight across the way # 22 . 4 th. year in a row .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2009 at 11:24am
Is the campground the central location of the reunion? Does it have a ramp and a parking lot to store the boat? Bathrooms have running water?
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2009 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Is the campground the central location of the reunion? Does it have a ramp and a parking lot to store the boat? Bathrooms have running water?

Yes to all above !!
It's basically right in town, water on two sides, ramp, RV and tent camping, showers etc.. It has become party central because of all these things.. Our boat show/display was down at the base of the CG where the ramp is. Reunion pics show it pretty well...

If you want to just haul a boat, there are camper distributors local that will place a trailer for you and pick it up when you go. I believe 2 or 3 members did this in 08'

Make GL part of your summer plans, it's a great time !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

W.U.S.S. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.U.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2009 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Originally posted by burban65 burban65 wrote:

Your sound advice will be good for a few drinks on my tab. Thanks.
Steve B - Fort Wayne Indiana

You ever heard of the PLBC, 67Nautique312, quinner, or the "shot ski"? You better be bringing plenty of "tab" money. These guys are thirsty.

You will meet the greatest bunch of guys and their families and have the time of your life.

john

Burban65, let me know if you are planning on going. I am from Hamilton as well and might be making the trip up north,
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2009 at 4:06pm

Just like Mojo said, the campground is super convenient. The only driving you have to do all weekend (save for trips to the gas station perhaps) is the 100 yards from the launch at the campground to your campsite. All the sites are double deep so you never have to unhook your trailer. Meet and greet is right there, and the Goose Blind is a short walk down the road. Doesnt get much more convenient than that!

The launch and dock at the campground:

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2009 at 10:08pm
Tim, a couple of dumb questions. From the pictures, WI looks like Maine, so at night it's apt to be 50 or 90, but probably in the 70's? And there are probably mesquitos?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-14-2009 at 11:52pm
Hi Bruce. Actually the last couple of years have been on the cool side. Hopefully moving it back a week will help. Mosquitoes can be bothersome,it all depends on how much rain we get.I take it that your thinking going? If so what boat? Hope to see you there.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2009 at 12:08am
Gary, we're thinking about it. We're not campers so I'm tryng to figure the logistics of using what we have. We'd be bringing the Mustang as long as it works once it's put back together. Maiden voyage should be by 4th of July. Probably similar to Maine, so sleeping in my truck with the windows open is not a good idea.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2009 at 12:54am

Gary, we're thinking about it. We're not campers so I'm tryng to figure the logistics of using what we have. We'd be bringing the Mustang as long as it works once it's put back together. Maiden voyage should be by 4th of July. Probably similar to Maine, so sleeping in my truck with the windows open is not a good idea.

Bruce,
The other option is to stay at the Bayview Hotel. I think 10 or 12 of us stayed there. Older (60s) hotel, but clean and well kept.

Heres a pic from last year of boat parking:

they also have their own private launch and
docks.

FYI, the campground is located in the tree area , below the sunset in this picture.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2009 at 1:59pm
Bruce we stay at the Bayview also,my wife is not into "roughin it" Might be worth a call to see if someone cancells.Not everyone there are boaters,there are several golf courses in the area,so they get that traffic as well.
The 1st year we stayed at the Darforth motel,about 1 mile away,but really too far from the action.http://home.centurytel.net/bayview/
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
03 limited 196 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03 limited 196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2009 at 3:46pm
Greetings from a neewbie...My wife and I are trying to make reservations at the Bay View today. Bill say's he's full...put us on a waiting list. The Lakeside is another option??? I like the launch/dock at Bayview. We are not into camping so I guess we'll wait for a cancellation. Really looks to be a great time on a calm lake. I air-chair so water depth is a concern. Looking at the '08 pics it looks like the lake can get shallow...surely it gets deeper??? We are at Lake Ozarks so depth is no problem but smooth water is hard to find. Look forward to partying and meeting new folks...hoping for a cancellation. Will be there Thursday and leave Monday...
196 w/ZR6,Hot wife,Air Chair,Day at Lake Ozarks...priceless.
LaurelLakeSkier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaurelLakeSkier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2009 at 4:00pm
Most of Green Lake is quite deep. If memory serves me correctly, it is the deepest lake in Wisconsin. The photos you see are at a shallow sandbar area where people gather during the day. Other pix are taken on calm shorelines, usually in the morning.....the lake is pretty good size a will get rough if the wind picks up. Hope to see you there!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2009 at 6:37pm
Rogers,
Unless you've done some mayor modifications to the 196, I don't feel you'll have any problems. Sounds like you've hit something at one time and you're worried.

"Green Lake, also known as Big Green Lake is a lake in Green Lake County, Wisconsin.

The lake has a maximum depth of 237 feet (72 m), making it the deepest natural inland lake in Wisconsin. The lake covers 7,346 acres (30 km2), has 29.3 miles (47.2 km) of shoreline and has an average depth of 100 feet (30 m)."

Hopefully Bill will have some changes come up. It would be nice to get a few more CCfan'rs into the Bayview. The Lakeside does have rooms available.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2009 at 10:54pm

Maiden voyage should be by 4th of July.

I guess you have to wait until the ice is melted Bruce?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
03 limited 196 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03 limited 196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 12:38am
I appreciate the info on the lake...the air-chair needs a good 4-6 feet...looks like i'll be fine...just don't get to close to the sand(bar)..it looks like the Bay View has all the goodies dock and launch. The Lakeview doesn't have a web site..do they also have dock/launch? I'm not used to relaxing/consuming in waist deep water...that looks pretty cool. At the Ozarks everyone pulls up/ties to each other and we boat-hop. The swim platforms help. If you guys think the Lakeview is just as good let me know...Thanks
Rogers
196 w/ZR6,Hot wife,Air Chair,Day at Lake Ozarks...priceless.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 2:33am
Rogers,

Reserve a room at the LakeView, great spot in the center of town directly across from the launch, decent hotel. If something opens up at the bayview you could always cancel the other room.

No worries on your Foil, we have ridden out there many times.

Hope you all join the fun this year!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 11:14am
Rogers,
Welcome to the site.. We all look forward to meeting you this summer.. Please keep in mind there are several other choices for hotel accommodations. Not many of them being on the wayer, but walking distance all the same.. Please let me know if you have any questions. Being a resident, I can certainly point you in the right direction.

How many people in your party? Do you have kids? Again B&B's, house rentals, cabins etc are all still available in town..

Watch for the registration page to come up for mare details..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Call her back Joe !! Dat aint right !!! We know you like to be down in the dark cove with Tim and Doc..... Doh'... I'd call her back and bitch..

Moj'

I have never been to GL and I don't know any of you or your preference for campsites. If you wanted 37 and 38 I would have given them to you. I called Reggy today and changed my reservation to 6 and 8. Now if anybody else has a clam on those campsites let me know and I will change them again. There is no need to bitch at anyone.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 10:34pm
Michael,

These guys know each other and are just having a little fun. Don't let yourself get caught in the middle. You had no way of knowing - they are public campsites. Still, a very nice gesture on your part. I'd say that Joe owes you a beer, or several.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 9>
  Share Topic