NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 09’

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 9>
Author
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

I have never been to GL and I don't know any of you or your preference for campsites. If you wanted 37 and 38 I would have given them to you. I called Reggy today and changed my reservation to 6 and 8. Now if anybody else has a clam on those campsites let me know and I will change them again. There is no need to bitch at anyone.

Hope you didn't take any of that too seriously, its a friendly group and we love new people. It was a simple and rare mistake on Reggie's part and no bitching was required to straighten it out. I called and made reservations the day the dates for this year were announced and while I do like the waterfront spots I would have went anywhere if they were already booked. Mostly, I just wanted to make sure we didn't both show up with reservations for the same sites.

Looking forward to meeting the Hunter clan!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Michael,

These guys know each other and are just having a little fun. Don't let yourself get caught in the middle. You had no way of knowing - they are public campsites. Still, a very nice gesture on your part. I'd say that Joe owes you a beer, or several.

BKH

No offence taken, I don't want to be in the middle of old friends. I don't care where I sleep. My new boat just came in last week
I cant seem to get the pics to post on CCfan.
I have some on Planet Nautique and they should be in diaries soon. We are still looking forward to the reunion we will see you there.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 10:53pm
Michael,

Saw your boat on PN, very nice, for a WakeBoat, LOL. Killer wheels on the trailer!!
Believe Alan is in 2 and I have 4, so it looks like we will be neighbors for a few days, you better bring your locking cooler!!
03 limited 196 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 03 limited 196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 10:55pm
OK....we're down with this. Just got a room at The Lakeside. I guess the boat gets pulled out and trailered back to the hotel each nite. I don't mind...what temp is the lake water? Do we need to bring wet-suits? Ozarks water in July is 80+. Again..thanks for your help.
196 w/ZR6,Hot wife,Air Chair,Day at Lake Ozarks...priceless.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by 03 limited 196 03 limited 196 wrote:

OK....we're down with this. Just got a room at The Lakeside. I guess the boat gets pulled out and trailered back to the hotel each nite. .

No biggie, the Lakeside is directly across the street from the boat ramp and attached to the Goose Blind, hard to go wrong there. You're in good shape

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Michael,

Believe Alan is in 2 and I have 4, so it looks like we will be neighbors for a few days, you better bring your locking cooler!!

Chris, You're in 4? there goes the neighborhood!!!!   Haha. Critter was up there last year too so you should have some neighbors Hunter.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by 03 limited 196 03 limited 196 wrote:

OK....we're down with this. Just got a room at The Lakeside. I guess the boat gets pulled out and trailered back to the hotel each nite. I don't mind...what temp is the lake water? Do we need to bring wet-suits? Ozarks water in July is 80+. Again..thanks for your help.

Lakeside is literally 40 feet across the street from the boat ramp. Some have rented a slip at the Marina, which is at the boat ramp, but really not necessary.

Water temp will not be in the mid 80s, but no one was wearing wetsuits. Only our friends from the deep south seemed to mind the water temps. We took shorties last year. Wife may have used hers, but I did not. I would say a shorty is sufficient.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 11:20pm
How far is the nearest store where you can get a cup of coffee or breakfast sandwich? Are you guys all experienced campers or are some of you winging it?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 11:24pm
Kind of a small to mid size market on the outside of town probably 3-4 miles. Several restaurants in town. "The Little Corporal" is a diner/breakfast joint/ice cream shop where many of us went for breakfast. It's right in town, probably 1/2 mile walk from the campground.

For Coffee in the morning seek out Critter's motorhome. He makes a good pot of coffee.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 11:41pm
Are there any bike trails? My son might want to bring a bike.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2009 at 11:52pm
Bruce,

If you stay at the campsite or one of the hotels near town, just about everything you would need is within walking distance.

Chris,

Bike or bicycle trails? Not sure about that, if you are camping bicycles would be great for back and forth to town.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 12:03am
Chris, you're up in back. Are you renting a camper?

It sounds like the campground is a good place. I'd want to pull the boat each night and it sounds like a good set up. My only pressing need is coffee in the morning.

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 12:36am
Bruce,
A 20 minute bike ride from the campground would get you to the Green Lake Conference Center, where it would be pretty cool to bike around in there for an afternoon.

Green Lake Conference Center

Map of GLCC
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 12:47am
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Bruce,
A 20 minute bike ride from the campground would get you to the Green Lake Conference Center, where it would be pretty cool to bike around in there for an afternoon.

Green Lake Conference Center

Map of GLCC

Steve, You're confusing me with SNObsessed. I just need to be pointed to the coffee, beer, food and gas dock.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 1:11am
Oops...still at the office and my eyes are crossing.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 1:37am
Dont be shocked by the 5 dollar ramp fee . It really is worth it . For a day out on this big beutifull lake .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 11:09am
Originally posted by p/allen p/allen wrote:

Dont be shocked by the 5 dollar ramp fee . It really is worth it . For a day out on this big beutifull lake .

A $5 ramp fee is more than reasonable.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 11:56am

Mike,
I'm glad you've gotten things worked out at the campground.. If they were more laid back there, they'd be dead LOL.. You'll have a great time. Quinner's right, bring the lock for your cooler if you're camping near him !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 11:58am
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Are there any bike trails? My son might want to bring a bike.

There is but not accessible from the campground. He, you, them, can bike into town and around.. It's a pretty nice town to ride in and check out.. I heard something about a haunted cemetary too

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

How far is the nearest store where you can get a cup of coffee or breakfast sandwich? Are you guys all experienced campers or are some of you winging it?

Bruce, I may possibly be the worst camper ever. I have slept in puddles inside my tent the last 2 years. Luckily there are others around who know what theyre doing! Theres a nice restaurant just up the street from the Gooseblind where you can get breakfast. Boat Dr always has a pot of coffee on too.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 12:37pm
Good to hear Tim. We're in the same league then. I do remember you leaving Sokokis because they wanted you to remove your tent from the runway.    
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 1:19pm

Good to hear Tim. We're in the same league then. I do remember you leaving Sokokis because they wanted you to remove your tent from the runway.    

Yup- like I said, Im a complete amateur. Luckily I dont spend much time sleeping at these events... Im usually up late and then up again early to ski.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Mike,
I'm glad you've gotten things worked out at the campground.. If they were more laid back there, they'd be dead LOL.. You'll have a great time. Quinner's right, bring the lock for your cooler if you're camping near him !!!

Moj'

No problem with the campground I am pretty laid back also as long as I am somewhere in the area that's OK. I almost hate to bring this up but we don't drink beer. Is there a favorite brand I could offer to guests at my place. My cooler is always open but you may not find beer in it.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 5:23pm
BUDWEISER
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 5:28pm
Hey Nautiquehunter. Definitely bring your cover so you can toss it over the boat at night. The campground has lots of trees, which is nice for shade and makes for a nice setting, but, particularly with a new boat, you don't leaves and such dropping in the boat overnight.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Hey Nautiquehunter. Definitely bring your cover so you can toss it over the boat at night. The campground has lots of trees, which is nice for shade and makes for a nice setting, but, particularly with a new boat, you don't leaves and such dropping in the boat overnight.

BKH

Will do Thanks
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 5:43pm
Mike,
No problem on the beer.. Just leave some plastic cups out along with a cooler of ice, Captain Morgan and coke, and we'll get along just fine And if you don't endulge in any libations, we all like a good cold bottle of water around 3AM..... LOL..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 8:19pm
I am all about the water
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 3:19am
Hollywood's in 23? Well I've now got 24 and 25 sewn up. Party row is shaping up again nicely for this year.

I hoping Keith is gonna make a new tradition of the Top Speed trophies this year at GL which MaddMarxx brought to the table at the St Johns, where the good Doctor evened up the score. There should be a handful of fast boats in GL this year.      
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2009 at 10:40am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Yup- like I said, Im a complete amateur. Luckily I dont spend much time sleeping at these events... Im usually up late and then up again early to ski.
Im usually up late and then up again early to ski
I ran into you in the parking lot a Lake George at about 6 AM. You looked shell shocked, but you rebounded pretty quickly given the way you were barefooting about an hour later.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic