Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 09’

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 9>
Author
jdkenyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdkenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 3:00pm
We can't compete with BKH but we are still looking at 1643 miles. 1276 is a walk in the park. I think we will be rolling in something Wednesday and staying through Sunday. Hopefully that is enough time....
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 3:46pm
Not a competition Josh. Fantastic that you will be making the trip. I will be back for my 4th year now. Unfortunately, won't have the time to bring the boat back this year, but we'll fly in nonetheless. Look forward to meeting you. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 4:40pm
Idaho, wow, you're west of SLC. Looks like you're driving east and taking a left at Chicago.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 4:57pm
Do not go through Chicago, no matter what quinner says.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 5:33pm
DO NOT DRIVE INTO THE CITY.....
They made I294 for a reason...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Moj'

Parking Lot?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

We're planning on leaving Wednesday, arriving on Thursday and leaving Monday.

I'm hoping if I drive all that way, 62Wood will show for Sunday.

Ive already "primed" Pam that I/(we?) may be making a GL run on Sunday...hope to stay overnight and leave Monday. No reseravtions..Might have to crash in the back of the truck... Not sure about bringing the boat?   Man, I love that event!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Moj'

Parking Lot?

[;)

It's not for country folk Steve..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 9:04pm

Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Moj'

Parking Lot?
[;)

It's not for country folk Steve..

.            AMEN BROTHER!!!!

I tell everyone, I get mad when I hit one of the three traffic lights downtown wrong!
I love country folk...how you say....Yeeeaahaaa!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 9:30pm
The county that my wife is from does not have a single stop light in it. That's country!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
jdkenyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdkenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2009 at 9:35pm
Traffic lights are few and far between in several of the towns around me here.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 12:54am
The adjoining county,about 5 miles north of us, has one stop light....Covers 466 square miles, with a population just over 16,000    I beleive their moto is "Git-r-done".

(Whats a toll booth?)
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 1:14am
Bruce, Mike, and other New Englanders should consider an Auburn NY stop over if your looking to break the trip up. Its not near half way but it makes the second leg a reasonable shot, can't promise world class accomidations but we can put you somewhere.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 12:05pm
Thanks, Joe. When it gets closer and we know our schedule, maybe we'll take you up on that, and get directions arond Chicago.

In Maine, if traffic backs up for a minute, it'll drive you crazy. And there's many town with out lights, although we do have stop signs.
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2009 at 1:32pm
jdkenyon

My DOT router from Twin Falls, ID says: I-84, I-80, I-35, I-90, WI-82, WI-23 too Green Lake. Distance 1647.4 Miles road time 24 hours 42 minutes with a max speed set at 70 MPH.

From Indy I always use the I-35 , WI-23 approach too Green Lake.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2009 at 12:50am
   Thanks for the generous offer Joe,but if I indeed make it out,I'll have to fly the friendly skies due to a limited amount of avail. time to travel. Busiest time of year for me. Thanks though,hope to see you all there.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2009 at 10:57am
Mike, the bus to Green Lake will be going right through York.

Joe, you're right on the way, about 8 hours from Portland. That may be a good way to do it. We don't want for much in the way of accomadations. On our last road trip, we found that TA truck stop parking lots were very comfortable.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2009 at 6:49pm
Bruce,
If you really want to avoid the Chicago traffic, the ultimate is to take one of the car ferries across Lake Michigan. One runs between Ludington (MI.) and Manitowoc (WI.) and the other between Muskegan (MI.) and Milwaukee. Don Dannenberg did it last fall when he brought a boat to our Lake Geneva show. His shop is in Manistee (MI.) He said it really was a pleasant alternate to driving the city. You may even want to consider traveling the Canadian route.
However, in all honesty the time of day you hit the city is key. Reid and caravan found that out. Plus, as Dave (moj) mentioned, do not go through the actual city. 294 is sort of a "bypass"!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2009 at 3:12pm
Josh,

Steve has the right idea. I guess you could get north to 90 and go through SD.
You are in a tough place to get there from. I have a cabin in Sandpoint, but we can take 94/90 from my house to CD'A. Only 1300 miles.

Mike
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2009 at 3:26pm
Pete, I'll get good directions from you guys as we get nearer. I survived going to Chicago back around 1975. I had to meet someone at the Hyatt Regency Hotel. There were a lot of Regency Hotels back then and I realized I was at the wrong one when I noticed the guys parked in the car behind me on the street, in front of the hotel and playing the loud boom box on their roof were shooting dope.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2009 at 5:01pm
Pete,

2 people, SUV + boat trailer is going to run $350-$400 each way on the old Badger, it's about a 4hr sail. Have crossed aboard the Badger out of Manitowoc not the new high speed from Milwaukee, it's a cool way to make the trek.

Pete is absolutely correct about going through Chicago or even around it, avoid doing it anytime near rush hour or you will hit traffic.
jdkenyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdkenyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2009 at 6:17pm
I think we are going to try the I-90 route through SD.

WakeSlayer, I have been to Sandpoint many times as my in-laws live there.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2009 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by jdkenyon jdkenyon wrote:

I think we are going to try the I-90 route through SD.

Josh,
Yes, it's a straight shot all the way from Wall Drug !!! Once you reach the Dells area of Wisconsin, you'll cut across East.. Made the trip several times on a Harley.. Minn is boring to drive through, but what the heck. Once you hit Lacrosse, WI, the cold beers will be only a short distance away !!!

Look forward to meeting you this summer..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2009 at 6:40pm
I cut up to Mount Rushmore on our trip last year and also made the trek across SD and Minnesota. Flat road, and smooth sailing.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 7:43pm
GREEN LAKE UPDATE

Dates for the Reunion: July 17-19th
Green Lake Wisconsin.

Everyone has been anxiously waiting to see the registration page as they are making their summer plans to GL..

We are days away from finalizing the 09' Logo, T-Shirts, menus, venues etc. While Keith provides the registration and subsequent layout of the weekend in a few days, we will officially close the registration on July 4th.

Although a tad bit later than normal, there will be plenty of time to make your reservations and navigational plans to participate in this, the 4th annual, Midwest, CCfan.com Reunion..

The delay in getting things rolling this year was because of the new enhancements made for the entire weekend, and to accommodate the additional members we know will participate this summer.

Keith will make the formal announcements very soon. For those of you still on the fence, this is not the year to remind yourselves once again that I will make it next year for sure...

Yes, times are certainly tough right now for many, but I guarantee there is not going to be a cheaper, more enjoyable weekend your spend with friends and family and your Nautique if you can bring one..

For those who can fly in, but can't trailer in, more the merrier.. There are so many boats, and good people here to share rides, please do not let that stop you. (If more comfortable, the marina as well as hotels have boat rentals)...

I know I have said this each of the last three years, and I don't believe we have ever dissapointed, DON'T miss GL09'......

As your humble GL resident, please do not hesitate to ask any question you may have to me directly about this event.

Thanks,

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 7:50pm
Great news Dave . Cant wait to see how last years gig is going to be topped . Will Mr. Meloon be coming again this year ?
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by jdkenyon jdkenyon wrote:

My favorite place in the world is North Idaho.
Our cabin is north of town about 12-15 miles. Up the Pack River Valley another 10. We are 5 miles off-grid. Solar powered. Nothing but us and the moose.
I will be up there the two weeks prior to GL. We try to get out there 6-7 times per year.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2009 at 9:57pm
Dave, do I still need a passport and shot records to be admitted?
Do you allow pets, Karen wants to bring ME?
Do you allow old wooden boats?
Can we arrive early and leave late?
What is on the menu?
Is The Goose Still Blind?
What is the venue for entertainment ?
Please answer in a timely manner , as time is getting close for GL..... signed Happy Camper
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2009 at 1:45am
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Please answer in a timely manner , as time is getting close for GL..... signed Happy Camper

Dear Happy Camper. Slow down, the ice is still a foot and a half thick.I know your not ready for that
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2009 at 1:54am
Gary, not in a big hurry. Things just happen a lot   s l o w e r   here than they do up there.
It will take a month to get to the vet for my shots, and then the passport thing will take at least that long too.
Also have to start picking up "ROAD KILL" for the entre' on Sat nite. I have things to do and people to see.........signed Happy Camper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic