NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1955 CC Hurricane Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 50>
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1955 CC Hurricane Restoration
    Posted: September-28-2020 at 6:42pm
Alan,
She's gone but certainly not forgotten. Great job. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2020 at 6:18pm
I am shocked that you sold this beauty! Glad that it went to WLM, the oldest and very best Correct Craft dealer in the world. She will certainly be admired and receive tons of love at the dealership. She is a glorious example of a truly restored wooden CC. Best of luck to you and Dana going forward!
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2020 at 6:16pm
Alan said it the best. Having done a few small-aircraft restorations in the past, it was always hard to see them fly away. But then on to the next one we went.

Great job!
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2020 at 6:08pm
Lots of people will get to see this fine example of marine history!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2020 at 5:55pm
Great story, Alan.  I can't think of a better place that it could have ended up.  Carl and Diane are great people.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2020 at 5:14pm

Well I guess it's time to update and close out the ole Hurricane thread.  As some of you may know I listed the Hurricane for sale this spring and it has found a new home.  Happy to say it has landed in what I feel is about the best spot it could have ended up.  I had some tire kickers and some very interested (and interesting) buyers but one in particular struck me as the right place for the boat to end up.  The Deandrades, owners of White Lake Marine in North Carolina, are now the caretakers of Soul Mate.  There's a story about why they wanted the boat but I'll leave that for them to tell, for now the boat is going to sit in their showroom as a tribute to the boat line they've represented since 1955.  

Dana and I hooked it up to the RV in July and delivered it in person so we could go over all the details of the boat and get one last ride in it.  It was the first time it had been in the water this year but it fired right up and made a great first impression.  Bittersweet for sure but outside factors dictate that we move on to the next part of our lives, there will be another adventure but none like this one.  Learned so much and I honestly enjoyed almost all of it, LOL.  Thank you all for indulging me over the years.  

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2017 at 10:25am
You go any faster then that and your wood is bound to com bust!, Look forward to seeing it live.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2017 at 10:07am
Saw your low level fly by on FB Alan... Man she sounds and looks sweet!!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2017 at 7:00am
Great job, once again!!
Js
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2017 at 1:35am
Looks and sounds awesome
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2017 at 12:24am
Very cool Alan. I had my wife watch the video and her jaw dropped and she utters the word "AWESOME". Nice work..
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 9:59pm
Looks and sounds awesome, Alan... hope those fresh engine jitters dissipate quickly so you can relax and enjoy it!

That boat sure rides high and proud... be sure to break out the GPS once your confidence level is sufficiently high, ha.
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 9:32pm
I like it.
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 6:32pm
Way cool. Thanks for updating us. Hope to meet up this summer
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 4:22pm
I let that fly-by video loop 10 times. Absolutely spine-tingling.

But my favorite part was the little fella's exclamation at the end of it. He nailed it!!!

Hard won satisfaction is the most rewarding. Can't wait to see it this summer.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 3:36pm
WOW, very cool ... Sounds and looks amazing Alan !!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 3:25pm
Very nice!

And thanks for sharing all your work with all of us on this thread Alan!

JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 3:20pm
She sounds awesome. Great work sir.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 2:29pm
That boat is Sooooo sexy!!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 2:22pm
All I can say is fantastic and great job!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Any reactions/responses/comments from the fisherpeople?

Not really Larry, they we're in the middle of the weigh in and seemed to be on a mission. We were just in the way LOL

I will say it's nice to be back on speaking terms with Soul Mate again though. As recently as last week there was talk of sending her down the road but she made a giant step towards reconciliation yesterday
n7narcosis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7narcosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 12:47pm
Such a beautiful boat - great work!
1989 Correct Craft Martinique CB --- 351W
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 12:35pm
Any reactions/responses/comments from the fisherpeople?
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 12:12pm
As always, top notch job Alan!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 12:07pm
Looks and sounds great, Alan!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2017 at 12:01pm
It was time to do the dance one more time Saturday. Due to my height restrictions in the garage the boat has to come off the trailer and intake has to come off the motor. That routine is done blindfolded now.

So off we went to the lake Sunday for a water test, Selected a ramp that is usually nice and quiet so I could have some time to test run it and not be under "Ramp Pressure", Ha. Pulled in to the marina and there was a fishing tournament ending and probably about 50-60 boats all trying to come out of the water at the same time. No pressure! The motor had only been cranked and fired for a few seconds since being dropped in so I really expected to have to fiddle with it but we dropped her in, I fully expected it not to start, then run the battery down, then slip on the ramp and fall in, lose my hat in the wind and all that good stuff while 200 fisherpeople watch with their cellphones out. Figured "I'm going viral on youtube tonight baby"

Well much to their disappointment she fired right up, took a few minutes to check for leaks and let her warm up and off we went.

After looking at this boat sitting sadly on her trailer for over a year I actually forgot how sexy she looks when she's in her happy place.

Going through the break in process and running through all rpm ranges theboat feels better than it ever has. Nice and smooth and even though I have to do some tuning it really gets up and goes.
My attempts to upload video to youtube were not as successful however so you'll have to clink on the following links for some video from facebook.

Hurricane Flyby

Hurricane Cruisin
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2017 at 8:04pm
Alan - Are those exhaust hoses copper?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2017 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Duane in Indy Duane in Indy wrote:

Looks good and sounds great. Have fun, Duane
ps. nice distributor too

Thanks Duane,
I forgot to mention a big shout out to Duane for helping me out with the distributor. We needed to customize the length of the Dist shaft and Duane took care of that for me.   I know he's helped out quite a few of us now, another great resource for us here at CCfan.
Duane in Indy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duane in Indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2017 at 10:55am
Looks good and sounds great. Have fun, Duane
ps. nice distributor too
Keep it as original as YOU want it
        1978 Mustang (modified)
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2017 at 10:53am
Sawingggggggggg !!!!!

That is sweet. She is a big girl.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 50>
  Share Topic