NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1955 CC Hurricane Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1516171819 50>
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2011 at 1:58pm
We'll be out of town. Crap.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2011 at 11:46am
Should be able to make it.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2011 at 12:31pm
looks ok for me... will check with the "event coordinator" to confirm.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2011 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

looks ok for me...

Oh great, now I'm not going to make it!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2011 at 1:24pm
RJ and I are checking but the plan is to try and ride down.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2011 at 1:36pm
Same here.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2011 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

looks ok for me...

Oh great, now I'm not going to make it!!

PARTY! PARTY !

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2011 at 7:26pm
Well looking forward to seeing anyone that can make it to the flipping and appreciate the help. Weird but I threw a house painting party a few years ago but everyone was busy that weekend.

In any case, we'll eat good and have few cold ones after.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2011 at 1:16am
That day is open for me at the moment, us up north guys need to coordinate what time we will be showing up at Pete's house for our ride down!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2011 at 3:10pm
Alan,
Just checking in to see if the "flippin party" is still on for this Saturday?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2011 at 3:56pm

Alan,
Just checking in to see if the "flippin party" is still on for this Saturday?

Yes sir, Like to get started around 11am. Shouldn't take more than 1/2 hour then we'll get some burgers going.

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2011 at 5:02pm
Cool, will plan on being there...

.....even if Pete DOES show up!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2011 at 2:51pm
Alan,

Sounds like you will have plenty of help, sorry to say I will not be among them. HW has Saturday off so he will be helping me put in our piers/lifts in the AM. He is bringing the 88' so we can ski afterwards, LOL, from waders to drysuit.

Have fun, hopefully I can make the next one!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2011 at 6:36pm
The Hurricane is now "sunny-side up"!!! I'm sure there will be some pictures shortly.

One thing for sure is Alan was so organized that he could have done it himself!! However, certainly not as much fun as getting together with some of the CCfan family, having a couple along with a great burger!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2011 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

However, certainly not as much fun as getting together with some of the CCfan family, having a couple along with a great burger!!

DITTO!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2011 at 11:05pm
Here'a little sequence of the flip.

Rigging it for the first lift.

Used the engine hoist let her down easy. Pete be on the chainfall.

90 Degrees and moving it back under the chain fall for the second lift.

Back on the hoist and coming down slow, my heart rate is also coming down as it gets lower.

Putting her back on the dolleys

Stripped the frame off and back into the garage so the birds in tree above us don't hit it again, almost got my pellet gun out!

The crew, standing left to right, Steve (raindog), Steve (skutch),Steve (62wood), Pete(pbrainard), kneeling left to right, Bohdi, me, RJ, Pat(Pallen),

Thanks again guys for coming out, you have no idea what that means to me. I can not thank you enough and I promise boat rides someday!

Also notice the new t-shirts the guys are wearing...This is the first of three we will offer for sale this year. They go on sale this week so keep your eyes open for an announcement soon.
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2011 at 11:22pm
well you certainly got it down, nice work guys
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2011 at 11:52pm
Alan...The boat has come a long way and is looking great! I can't imagine the "sweat equity" you have into it. Probably more sweat than you'd care to admit. A true labor of love if ever I have seen one. Good looking crew there too!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2011 at 12:37am
I spent a few hours today pulling the rear deck off the boat, didn't take that long as some of it just fell apart. There was one piece of framing for the engine hatch doors that had no screws from the factory to hold it place so when I puled the plywood deck it fell out!

A few shots of the new skin.

Of course I found a few more dutchmen. Most of the deck frames have filler blocks from bad cuts, they don't need replacing so I guess I'll "keep it original" and leave them in there.

The next few weeks I'll clean up the bilge, caulk some joints, cpes and paint the entire builge then get that last side plank installed.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2011 at 12:37am
wow burgers and free t-shirts? Had I known that I would've flown up.
Might be my screen but Pete's T looks like a flannel. Must be a special one. Plus that has to be the first 'turtle-neck' I've seen in 20 years.
Luv ya Pete!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2011 at 1:34am
Looks like it is still pretty cool there. In Aus. will call those turtle necks "skivvy's". I always thought you guys had some weird names for different items. They do keep you warm though.

Allan I bet the heart rate was up there as the boat was at that balance point about to roll over. Should I hold off booking my air tickets to GL this year.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2011 at 1:52am
Mark, why would you hold off??? Book those tickets and plan to spend a couple days near Milwaukee. We'll plan a barefoot clinic!

BTW, turtle necks or Skiwy's are "must wear" for 2 or 3 months of the year here in No. IL and WI...

Oh, and no nervous moments for Alan, we had the engine hoist hooked up long before the boat got to the tipping point. I think everyone there was worried as much about hurting that beautiful work as much as Alan.

Thanks Alan and Dana for a great afternoon!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2011 at 8:34am
John,
It was a cool day and very windy. If you had come up, you would have froze being acclimated to your choice of retirement climate.

BTW, the shirt wasn't flannel but one of my wool ones!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
dochockey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dochockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2011 at 1:41pm
Hi     where did you get your boat cradles did you make them?
Kirk
1989 Teal Ski Nautique
1967 Mustang
Harris Float
Sunfish
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2011 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by dochockey dochockey wrote:

Hi     where did you get your boat cradles did you make them?
Kirk

Kirk,
Alan's probably out back in his shop silk screening up some shirts so I'll jump in. They are available pre made in lots of different styles but there are also plans on the net to build your own.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2011 at 11:51pm
Quick update, removed all the deck, removed and refastened all deck frames with 5200 and longer screws. Deck frames are nice and tight now. Also cut and fit the last row of planking except for the bow sections. Last night my helper and I steamed the bow planks, should be ready to have a big weekend and get that final row of topside planks installed to reach another milestone.

dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2011 at 12:14am
Looking good Alan!
83Ski
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2011 at 12:59am
All I know is... I will never be able to say, "Look what I have done" again.

Hey to Dana!
bj
hasbeenskier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2011 at 1:45am
Originally posted by hasbeenskier hasbeenskier wrote:

All I know is... I will never be able to say, "Look what I have done" again.

Hey to Dana!
bj

how true...the bar is now set way higher...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2011 at 11:47am
too high
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1516171819 50>
  Share Topic