NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Down Yonder on the Chattahoochee

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 9>
Author
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Down Yonder on the Chattahoochee
    Posted: August-15-2009 at 6:33pm
So it'll be the weekend of 9-25?

We're happy to call our place home base if it suits. I'm mostly referring to the dock, but the screen porch and grill are just up the hill and anyone's welcome(except Pete ). The guest room and pull-out are still unclaimed. I don't think anyone coming will need much besides their personal gear and sense of humor.

We are already planning toothpick surprise and maybe a trip to Sam's for fillets(depending on dinner plans). Let us know what we can do.

John, when's a good time to call tomorrow? I know we've had the worst of luck with the phone, but if you'll give me a good time I'll call you even from the boat.   
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2009 at 7:39pm
Thanks for getting our own thread going.

Thats the weekend as far as I am concerned. I think it looks good for all according to what was posted on the other thread. Me, Patti and jo the TN wonder dog will leave outa here after work on the 25th. We will be up that way late so you better get a nap Friday evening before we get there. About 7-8 hours from here. We will have to be back on our way south by mid-day Sunday. Bet we can fill up the time!
Can't wait to see you and Amy, the Moorfoots, skicat and meet his missus plus whoever shows up!
We are going to dinner now...early bird special for eric lavine...should be home and back on here by 8pm. I have a Sunday night Men's group I attend at 6pm tomorrow but am home from that by about 8:30. Call whichever night suits you...still got my numbers?
john

PS: why no Pete?
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2009 at 8:01pm
Okay sounds good for the 25th. However.........Kim and I will most likely have to leave Fri night as Kaitlin's County Volleyball Tournament is on the 26th. Kim is the Team Mom and is it's to determine who the county Champs are we cannot miss it.

Buffalo, Kim and I would like to plan on coming up Friday morning with boat in tow and hang out till Fri night then just make the trip home that night. It's still early yet and maybe the tournament won't start till Sat afternoon then we can just come home Sat morn. I'll give you a call soon to talk it over.

JBear you'll have to drop the hammer down and get an early start on Fri. YOU GOTTA teach me how to "Bear"foot. Looking forward to it.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2009 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

PS: why no Pete?

'Cause he'll show me something I missed!     

Pete is welcome anywhere I am...almost. Just kidding; and I only kid those I care about?!!?   

Seriously, I met Pete at GL and wouldn't trade his hand shake for anything.

Tim, it'll probably be fine for you two to come up Friday morning, but sounds like John and Patti will be in on the later side...you'll miss them. Yall can't work out sat night?

Our thinking was JBear and Patti will have at least part of a night's sleep on sat morning. Ski, foot, and board hard all day and then cook?
1988 BFN-sold

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2009 at 10:53pm
Whoa...hold the phone...we don't wanna miss the Moorfoots. This date is not written in stone for us. I just threw it out and it seemed to work. We cannot get out any earlier on Friday evenings. So maybe a change of date? One weekend earlier in September would work for us..the 18th-19th-20th. Or...how about Labor Day Weekend? That would give us an extra day. Or...the 28th-29th-30th of this month? Kinda close but I think we can make it work. Up-shot is..we gotta find the weekend that works for all of us.
LOL about Pete...bet he'd like to see your shop tho.
john
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 12:58am
Just talked to Buffalo. If it works for the Foots and the skicats we like Memorial Day weekend. Gives me and Patti an extra day. Skicat; we will stay at Buffalo's and free up your extra space for Tom and his wife. Hopefully this works for all. But...as I said before...nothing is in stone...lets try for what works for all.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 9:48am
John called the guest room. Now we need a date. I still have a pull-out(3 really if we're tight on space). Tim, Greg, Jim?

There's almost no way I can get that out of my sleeve if I don't know when.    

There's plenty of room and the welcome mat is out!
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 10:21am
Billy and Karen, I know it's short notice and I know yall have other things going on, but we'd sure find a place for you to rest yours heads if you could make it.

If my old tub breaks down I'm gonna call you anyway...might as well be here!     
1988 BFN-sold

jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 10:46am
Greg,
Labor Day weekend is good with us.
Got a small conflict on that Saturday though. Supposed to go on a dove hunt, but those plans have not been finalized yet (have not nailed down the place). If I do the hunt on Saturday then I would hook up with you all on Sunday and Monday.
Of course, my wife, Robin, would not mind if I cancelled the hunt and went boating and skiing instead. And I might just do that inorder to be with this great bunch from CCfan.
Also, you can count on us for help with food and what ever else is needed for the weekend. We have sleeping space available as well.
Can't wait!
Jim
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 11:02am
Jim, I know you already told me, but what part of lanier are you close to? Do you know little river(lake, not a band )? And I agree, this'll be a good show if we can get everyone together!

I think I heard from John that he'd have an extra day to stay on Labor day w/e. Maybe that will work for Greg and Tim?

1988 BFN-sold

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 11:52am
Greg,
Been up the Little River area only one time by boat. Back in '88 took a nighttime fishing run up to Wahoo Creek.
We live in Alpharetta. Very close to Windward and 400.
Usually, put the boat in at Charleston Park in Six Mile Creek. Mid-southern part of the Lake, on the Cumming side, south of Brown's Bridge. Ramp here is good, deep, usable dock and twenty miles from my house.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 12:40pm
Wahoo is one of our favorite skiing spots, and there are pics on this site to proove it. It is customary to holler 'Wahoo' as the boat turns the corner just in case anyone didn't know. And yes, we're rednecks...but some of us read books too!   

We're supposed to be there now, though I won't complain about rain.

Do you and your's want to bunk for a night? Do you want to bring your boat? I have one empty slip that belongs to a neighbor and the side of several docks that we can borrow. We also have a ramp right around the corner(little river park). The city doesn't allow overnight parking...but I do.   
1988 BFN-sold

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 1:12pm
Greg I'll give you a call sometime later today after church. Allot of stuff going on with us the month of Sept and a Kim and I are really coming up with a great "Juggling Act" trying to make this work for everyone.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 1:20pm
Greg,
I did see the pics you posted from Wahoo. I will have to remember to holler when I am up there. Redneck is fine with me.

Yea, we where suppossed to go to the lake today too.
We planned on this morning, but kind of decided to hang around the house instead. Have to be at my mother's house this pm to celebrate my birthday. Yes, it is today!
Me and Elvis have something in common!

I appreciate the overnight invite. Would you rather save the extra room for some of the out of town bunch? If not, then Robin and I would love to stay.
Yes, I would like to bring the boat.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2009 at 7:34pm
Hey Jim...Happy Birthday...hope I get to tip a few cold ones in honor of this day in the next few weeks. Looking forward to meeting you and seeing that beautiful boat in person. You join us for the weekend, you won't be sorry.

Tim: I am hoping big-time that you and Kim can work this in. Must be tough with all those girls to keep your scheudule straight. I am jonesin' to get you on the boom.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 11:43am
John, Are you towing your boat up for the weekend?

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2009 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

I appreciate the overnight invite. Would you rather save the extra room for some of the out of town bunch? If not, then Robin and I would love to stay.

Don't think you're coming to the Taj Majal, but we'll find a spot for you 2; happy birthday and looking forward to meeting you.

Labor Day weekend will probably burn one of my surprises...just talked to the other.

Allow me to introduce Corey Bradley. He used to ride on my '79 and rode the BFN before it was mine. He's pretty sure he can be here.

Yall check these videos...very hard to knock him off his feet. I think there'll be some ruckus behind the old BFN!

Unreal!

Even worse!
1988 BFN-sold

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 2:38am
Evening Alan; We are not gonna tow up for the weekend...I don't think. Just might. Doesn't really save us time or much gas not to tow. Are you thinking of joining us? Now that would be very cool.

Buffalo; Sweet boarding...Corey can ride and fly. I might have to let my nephew Brett up in NC know about this...he is a big boarder...among his other skiing skills. Hope we did not mess anything up by going towards Labor Day.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 8:31am
Corey really does fly. He's like a cat...throw him down on the floor and he'll still land on his feet!

What everyone up here wants to see is you(JBear) ripping a barefoot run. Corey will be by if we can tell him when, and 1 or 2 outlaws, but you'll be the star! In the last 4 years I think I've only seen 3 people footing on this end of the lake. Most in this neighborhood simply haven't seen it. What a bunch of my friends have seen is some cool pics of some cool runs on CCFan.    

1988 BFN-sold

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 9:35am
Man I wish I lived in the US would love to catch up with Buffalo and Morfoot again. And getting a barefoot lesson from Jbear would be awesome. Make sure you get lots of pics of Morfoot footing. He sure has a great screen name for a barefooter.

One of the things I regret about GL was not spending more time in the water. I was hoping to get a few footing tips from the experienced guys at GL. Been back home for two weeks now and the GL reunion and whole US holiday is almost a distant memory. Must be I had almost forgotten how cold the water was at GL.

This get together is making me home sick for the US and CCfan reunions already.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 11:14am
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Make sure you get lots of pics of Morfoot footing. He sure has a great screen name for a barefooter.

Kinda ironic that I have a name like that and have never footed. Always lookin to broaden my watersports resume. (well I ain't jumping no ramp)

Mark, Last time I checked; Delta flys to Atlanta from Sydney. What cha waiting for?
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 12:14pm
Footin, Lanier, Labor Day weekend. Those 3 don't belong in the same topic together. Maybe after dark & believe me that can cost you!
Greg

86 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 12:31pm
Tim and Greg, does Labor Day work for you?

The traffic won't be bad up here until 1 or 2pm; even on LD. Besides, John said something about 'morning coffee'.

1988 BFN-sold

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 12:58pm
I was thinkin the same thing Skicat but was hesitant about saying anything. I try to avoid being on the lake 3 weekends. Memorialday, July 4th and Labor Day. I think we ALL know why!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 4:34pm
OK, you guys do have a point. On a 'regular' holiday weekend, we'll have the boat back at the dock by noon and watch the carnage from there. That said, we can also plan around when I know the lake will be busy(there'll be more tubes than you can pop with a chainsaw after 1pm). I can find us a cove at 4 in the afternoon, but it still wouldn't be as nice as 7:30 in the morning...and by 6, only folks like us will be out.   

There's always trade-offs; John gets an extra day by coming on LD, but we loose half of whatever day people are here because it's LD weekend.

We can't do next weekend or the second in October(Shakori Hills)...otherwise we'll be here.
1988 BFN-sold

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 6:41pm
Okay then I'll throw it out there but how does the weekend of Sept 11th sound to all involved. John it will be hardest on you as your the one who'll be driving but the Labor Lunatic's will be long gone which will leave more room and water for us die hard Barefooter's ( WOW I can't believe I said that). How's that for you Skicat and Jimsport?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 7:11pm
Either weekend is good for me. Leave it up to John since he is doing the roadtrip. I will plan on being there on whichever weekend is decided upon.
Wasn't too concerned with Labor Day Weekend. Just figured we would be on the lake early in the morning and late in the afternoon to catch the smooth water. Then enjoy plenty of good times in between.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2009 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

we would be on the lake early in the morning and late in the afternoon

That's the ticket!

That, and I know a few places that not so many others do. They aren't any big secret, but they're past the bridges the wally's stop at. Thompson bridge keeps all of the big boats out!

It's nice to ease into the shade anyway...we don't have a bimini.

And when JBear rips a run they'll all be watching instead of pulling tubes!

1988 BFN-sold

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2009 at 1:16am
No dice guys. The Lake is gonna come here to visit the organisation Patti and I work for, The Care Center. We will be spending Sunday getting ready for this important visitor. Can't be spending the day driving. Man I am sorry...sure don't wanna be the stick in the mud on our plans. I do wanna make this work. So we are back to Labor Day weekend or ??? I know the last weekend will not work for the Moorfoots..how about the weekend before..18th-19th-20th?
The Holiday weekend is gonna semi suck on the lake I know. And like Lewy says...Moorfoots gotta learn to foot. But we can't be boating at dusk..right skicat?
Well lets keep kicking this around. Sure would like to find a way to make this work!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2009 at 3:16am
No action here at all today? What did I do...make all you guys mad?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 9>
  Share Topic