NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Down Yonder on the Chattahoochee

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 6789>
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 4:12pm
Jbear after a bad spill..."let's see....there's one...."
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 4:14pm
That's a strange place to keep your gloves!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 4:37pm
Naw! He's just tucking away his pet frog making sure he stays warm and cozy. John promised, he'd take him with him next time he went footin'
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 4:54pm
That just aint right..on so many levels!
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 5:27pm
Cathie and I arrived home at 2am this morning. Parked the Motorhome with boat still attached and just went to bed. Finally got to work about 11am this morning.
What a time. We arrived Friday evening and enjoyed ourselved until leaving Sunday evening. What a time and what a great bunch of folks.

Thanks and appreciation go out to Greg and Amy for having us all for the weekend.... including our 2 dogs. Tim and Kim cooked some great smoked chicken and those toothpick delights did not have a chance to cool before they were gone.
I too took a turn on the boom at barefooting but just could not get this mass around and up. But there will be more attempts.
Thanks to jbear for the tips... on bearfooting.. I could have gone without the detailed suit installation instruction...
Thanks again to all for a great weekend.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 6:06pm
Lets see if this will work...

Joe in Ga
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 6:30pm
nice video!
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 6:36pm
Lets see if I can do it again.... new video recorder

jbear (forward and backward) and skicat on the bar
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 6:38pm
Nice footin' JoeinUSA

jbear/skicat: falling like young guys! those hurt me sitting at my desk
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 7:39pm
Very good guys!
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

Very good guys!

We missed you Kentucky Tom!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 7:47pm
Hollywood, I am hurting sitting at my desk too!!
Only been about 18 yrs since I did that & I was quite a bit younger then!
Greg

86 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

Only been about 18 yrs since I did that & I was quite a bit younger then!

I might have a good pic of that if the boom wasn't on the far side of the boat...or did you plan that?    

We saw your runs; very nice...and solid!    

I bet Roger and Cathie have a vid of it.   
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 8:23pm
Here's Tim workin' on his 'Hollywood'.

It's a good thing Skicat brought the bologna sandwiches; otherwise these nice folks would have been left hungry.

Left to right, Johhny, Caleb, and Ashley

1988 BFN-sold

WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 8:42pm
Nice footin vids guys !

JoeinEVERYWHERE, that suit ain't so new now! you said, what, 10 years since you last footed?

Jbear, nice tumbles, and really good back start.

Skicat, ouch.   that bar was at your shins, hard to stand up from there.

Looks like you all had fun. Jealous. I was pulling my dock. DOCK, HW.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Regarding JoeinGA...I'm confused, I thought he set out for florida last spring hoping to get some lessons in barefooting 101. I guess I missed something...looks like has it pretty well under control back there.

There ended up being a little problem with barefooting in Florida last spring, all the kings horses and all the kings men couldnt get Joe back in his barefoot suit again..

I didn't actually try it on again till this weekend, after it actually fit the barefooting itself didnt matter so much. But it went as good as could be hoped, I was fine off the boom, I never could quite tumble up from my stomach off a 2 foot handle but I sure bounced around on my back and shoulders a lot trying. The only way I had barefooted previously was off a board, I could still do that. The barefoot deep starts I didn't exactly nail but I think next time I get a calm day I will be able to make a couple. A lot of very patient people this weekend pulling (over and over) and giving instruction. Gonna try that tumble turn again as well, but after the bruises fade a bit.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2009 at 10:27pm
My wife Karen sat here and watched the video's with a big smile on her face.Skicats fall got a big laugh and an "ouch that had to hurt".Jbear she wants you help her barefoot,she "shoe skis" on the boom, cant seem to drop a ski and set her foot.
Looks like a fun weekend for all concerned.We sat here watched it rain and watched our hay field slowly disappear under the north fork of the Licking river.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2009 at 12:24am
Lunch on Saturday

Some skiing
Joe, Greg, Tim

Joe sucking it in

Skicat remembering what it used to be like

Jbear & that ugly orange hat!

Greg, Roger, Rogers wife-Cathy

Joe on the wakeboard

Skicats youngest daughter-Megan

Tims wife-Kim

Roger cutting it up

Joe in Rogers boat

Tim boarding, Kim driving

Roger trying to look like Jbear with the tape job
Greg

86 BFN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2009 at 1:32am
Looks like we missed a good bit of the fun by having to leave by noon on Sunday. But all we got to do and see before leaving just made us want to go back for more.

I gotta agree.....we sure did miss kytom. Tell your wife we will get her going Tom.

Was a treat to meet Greg's (skicat) wife Saturday afternoon. Thanks for the ride and drive Greg...you sold Patti on a BFN for the jbear. Now I gotta get Reid to be on the lookout for one.

JoeinEverywhere was the sleeper of the day at footing. Said be had tried off a board "years ago" but did not have a powerful enough boat. Well he ripped of a very cool in the wake run off his board behind Buffalo's boat. Looked like he had been doing it forever.

Sure did miss seeing you guys do some boarding. Looks like there is some skill there.

All in all....you could not ask for anything more out of a weekend....well less rain. But it was a great time and Greg and Amy just went all out to make it a great time.

Gotta finish with a thanks to Keith of course. Where would we be without his idea of starting this site?

How long till the River Run??!!

john

PS: Thanks for getting my best side Greg....and yes...the frog made both the forward and bacerds run just fine.
double PS: Nice camera work Critter...man did that little camera work sweet.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2009 at 9:56am
Thanks guys and gals for the thank yous. It was our pleasure to have everyone over for what may have been the last warm day on Lanier this year. Fall rolled in about when some of you were getting home. It's chilly here now, and we usually ski through October.

A big shout out goes to Johnny's BBQ here in Gainesville. They did a nice job feeding us along with Tim and Amy. BBQ, smoked chicken, and toothpick surprise is a tough combo to beat!

Haulin' butt to Wahoo

Roger and Cathie in their '80

A shot of Tim's sweet red, the Critter camper, and Skicat's BFN at the neighbor's

Johnny has a shelf full of trophys for that ride in the front yard

SN,SN,BFN

Yall pick the caption for this one

A rainbow on Skicat's bow...should we be concerned? Nah!

Workin' it!

1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2009 at 10:04am
Another big shout out goes to our neighbor Betty; the brownies were so bad that they're gone and we really appreciated the use of her driveway.

Friends make the world go 'round!
1988 BFN-sold

lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2009 at 10:40am
Looks like you all had a big time. Tried to catch you guys Sunday morning. It was almost 1am in the morning here so I had to get some sleep.

The videos and pictures are awesome great work Critter. Jbear those tumbles and butt glides were smooth and look so cool. JoeinEVERYWHERE you sly dog tumble up on the boom and plant and then to top it off long line behind the boat.

Morfoot when are you returning Hollywoods suit.
By the way nice cap. Where are the pictures of your barefoot run? Nice invert on the board though.

This site is so cool wish I could have been there with my new mates from the US. It just makes me more determined to get back for another CCfan reunion in the future.

Greg and Amy you sure put out welcome mat and a great spread for everyone. Well done hope I can do that one day for some CCfan's as well.

Is JoeinUSA planing any overseas trips now he has covered the USA. Maybe he will be my first visitor.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2009 at 1:06pm
Post Edit:
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2009 at 1:40pm
Man, so many reunions so little time. Kills me looking at these pictures knowing we we're so close to getting down there. Glad you all had fun and finally got to the water on sunday.

Jbear..What else can be said, you are a stud.
Skicat..Great Job
Joeineverywhere..I never had a doubt. I think Joe could do anything he set his mind to.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2009 at 7:52pm
I thought JBear just drove around in his Nauti and look like a gangster. I was wrong. He is awesome. My daughter was watchin the video and said that guy must get a ton of water up his butt. LOL.

Waldo
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 2:19am
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Morfoot when are you returning Hollywoods suit and where are the pictures of your barefoot run?

Ouch.....a shot from accross the ocean..........

Actually Moorfoot put the Hollywood barefoot suit to good use...he gave it a good try and I bet he was quite sore the next day. He was so close..we'll get him next time!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 3:09am
Looks like you guys had a great time. I need more vacation days.

Rob
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 8:22am
Rob, we would have luved to have yall here. As I mentioned before, we'll do it again. It was a crying shame to leave a couple of pull outs unused!

Everyone was here in heart...we talked highly of the site and those members therein.

Lewy, you'll be proud to know that I was in full Aussie gear Saturday night when it was raining. I went down to the dock in a Drizabone and roo hide hat; came up the the hill 'drizabone'! Amy also used the coozie you gave us; she luves it.

Tim, you must be busy, busy. I know there are some good shots on that Hi-Tech cam of your's. I especially want to see the shots you got of JBear on slalom when we were running next to Skicat's BFN on the way back to the dock.
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 8:35am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Was a treat to meet Greg's (skicat) wife Saturday afternoon. Thanks for the ride and drive Greg...you sold Patti on a BFN for the jbear.

John, it's hard to go wrong with a BFN unless all you do is slalom...and we know that isn't the case with you. The ladies luv the V-hull when the water is rough. Best of luck in your search!
1988 BFN-sold

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2009 at 9:12am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Morfoot when are you returning Hollywoods suit and where are the pictures of your barefoot run?

Ouch.....a shot from accross the ocean..........

Actually Moorfoot put the Hollywood barefoot suit to good use...he gave it a good try and I bet he was quite sore the next day.

John.... I'm still sore 3 days after.

Real men aren't afraid to wear pink! Huh Hollywood; besides, we're just doing our part to support Breast Cancer awareness month!

Greg, I brought the camera card in today should have some pics up after while!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 6789>
  Share Topic