Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2001v-drive

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112 21>
Author
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 3:04pm
You use it to remove and put back on E rings and C clips.
I would call it an E ring/C clip thingamajobber.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
form&function View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 3:38pm
I want to say it takes me 3.5 to hit the kansas border so its not that far of course any correct craft fan is allways welcome.I would like to attend a reunion but I don't think we have one in this area.
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 4:17pm
My brother has a set of those pliers we used on the Mustang coupler last Spring. Very cool tool. He broke out a couple really nice seal pullers this last week. One is a slide hammer type, other is more of a prying tool with an adjustable ppost to pry against.

He has the most awesome stuff in his tool box...

Ryan, i am just amazed by the progress you make in a really short period of time. nice work!!!!
Mike N

1968 Mustang

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by form&function form&function wrote:

I want to say it takes me 3.5 to hit the kansas border so its not that far of course any correct craft fan is allways welcome.I would like to attend a reunion but I don't think we have one in this area.

You do actually, closer than you think. Send me an email and I'll get back with ya.
...those who have fallen and those who will.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by WakeSlayer WakeSlayer wrote:

Ryan, i am just amazed by the progress you make in a really short period of time. nice work!!!!

Too much work and no lake time
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 8:04pm
I vote for 'Super Air 2001 by (your business name)'

Looking good!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 8:06pm
It's a Super Ski Nautique.

Mike Mikkelson changed his 1986 Ski Nautique graphics to Air Nautique, I thought it was pretty cool considering it's a 100% wakeboat now. We traced the Rs off Johnny's BFN.

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 9:03pm
It is a R"AIR" Nautique nevertheless
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 9:09pm
I dig the heck out of the Air 2001 logo. They're both kick ass though.
My Blue 82SOLD!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 10:13pm
I like the 2001 air logo,might play with it a bit.
Found these cool hatch latches with detent springs

Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 10:15pm
Air Craft?
My Blue 82SOLD!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 10:16pm
Stuck waiting on parts this morning I figured I would get a start on my fuel cell.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 10:18pm
You guys are pretty bright so I figured I would give you something a little harder,,,,,,,,What is it?????

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 10:40pm
I think it's a brake shoe arching tool used to fit the shoes to the drum after you have recut it
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 10:50pm
Dammit man,that didn't last thirty minutes.I give up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 10:52pm
Well its actually a brake shoe grinder but close enough.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

You do actually, closer than you think. Send me an email and I'll get back with ya.

Email:
ryanr091@aol.com
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I need to pick a harder tool next time

How about this one. Eric may know!!

BTW, I did know what the wire twist pliers were!!

Pete,the tool in question--is it a panel retainer(Christmas Trees) remover?
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 11:15pm

Well its actually a brake shoe grinder but close enough.

The name ammco was the tip off for me, never seen one, but my Dad Has talked of them, it was just a wild guess. Pete has me stumped tho-
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 11:24pm
Them was the days when a man could breath asbestos dust & smoke camels without any concerns!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 11:48pm
I don't even think they make cars with brake shoes anymore.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2009 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Andy Andy wrote:

Air Craft?

Are you talking about the latches?If you are there aircraft parts
SUNAPEE CROW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUNAPEE CROW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2009 at 1:10am

I don't even think they make cars with brake shoes anymore.

Sure they do! I had a 2002 GMC 1/2 ton that had discs in the rear. Just bought a 2009 and it has drums... just like my '78 and '90. Return to the future. As I understand it the problem was the parking brake. It is a self energizing unit and the drag would wear it out. Don't know why they didn't go with the parking brake integrated into the caliper like the Aurora. Must be cost.
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2009 at 1:18am
Ryan,

I have been following your progress. It is looking pretty good!

Did you put any baffles in the fuel cell? I have never seen the inside of mine and didn't know if the factory did that.

Keep it up. Your moving fast!

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2009 at 1:18am
Drum brakes do get better milage than disc's, is it possible they are getting getting desprate to get that last 1/10 mpg?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2009 at 1:55am
Originally posted by akabulla akabulla wrote:

Ryan,

I have been following your progress. It is looking pretty good!

Did you put any baffles in the fuel cell? I have never seen the inside of mine and didn't know if the factory did that.

Keep it up. Your moving fast!

Carb engines don't have baffles because the carb holds enough fuel to function with a little air in the line but fuel injected boats circulate returning unused fuel and can drag/trap air in the rail. I would assume a injected boat has baffles.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2009 at 2:04am
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Email:
ryanr091@aol.com[/QUOTE]

Sent you a email.
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2009 at 2:24am
Huh, I never thought about it like that. I put a 330 Excalibur engine in my rebuild and had to change out the fuel sender with one that had an inlet on it to return the fuel since I was switching to fuel injected but I never thought about air getting in the line because there are no baffles in the tank. I have never had an issue though.

I was thinking more about the fuel fluid moving from side to side. Seems like 25 gallons of gas moving around would have some effect and since your cell is so high in the nose it would affect it even more.

Maybe not.
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2009 at 3:37am
I also think you need to baffle the gas tank, it's not that big a deal and you wont loose anything by doing so.
Do it right, do it once.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2009 at 9:09am
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

How about this one. Eric may know!!

Pete,the tool in question--is it a panel retainer(Christmas Trees) remover?

Marty,
Jon got it right away. It is a E ring tool.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 89101112 21>
  Share Topic