Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SKI NAUTIQUE 2001 DECAL RESTORATION

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 9>
Author
ajburnet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajburnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 1:21pm
I need the 2001 decals made for my 88 nautique 2001. Can you print these? If you can, please call me at 615 545 8852 and I will pay you for them right away! If anyone else knows where to get them I would really appreciate the help!
Andrew Burnett
98' Sport Nautique
88' Ski Nautique 2001' (fully restored)

A lousy day on the lake is better than a great day at work.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 1:54pm
Do you have the white checkered ones? I am not sure if time can make an exact repro of those. I know there was some discussion on getting them made but I dont know if it came about. However, I did stumble across these on white lakes website and they are on sale.
88 decals
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 2:04pm
Also I think n3 boatworks has them too. Talk to bruce, there is a link to the thread talking about them on the last page 4 of this topic.
johnbarrybarton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnbarrybarton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 5:49pm
Tim, Could you help me with decals for a '96 ski nautique?
Bama Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2011 at 3:37am
Bruce is no longer at N3.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2011 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Bama Nautique Bama Nautique wrote:

Bruce is no longer at N3.

Correct- word is that he's down at CC Corporate now. Brad Foutz (Bruce's son) is still at N3's parts department though.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2011 at 6:04pm
What style does your 96 have?
Tim D
johnbarrybarton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnbarrybarton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2011 at 6:08pm
Tim, it has the opaque. I can email you a picture. Thanks John
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-22-2011 at 6:11pm
Yes, tldowless64@yahoo.com
Tim D
ajburnet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajburnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2011 at 2:20am
Yes my 2001 does have the checkered style, but if I can get someone to make solid white replacements or whatever the best option is, that would be great! Whitelakes site offers the "ski nautique" but they say they can't get the "2001". Let me know anybody that can print them!

Thanks guys!!

Andrew
Andrew Burnett
98' Sport Nautique
88' Ski Nautique 2001' (fully restored)

A lousy day on the lake is better than a great day at work.
Bama Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2011 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by ajburnet ajburnet wrote:

Yes my 2001 does have the checkered style, but if I can get someone to make solid white replacements or whatever the best option is, that would be great! Whitelakes site offers the "ski nautique" but they say they can't get the "2001". Let me know anybody that can print them!

Thanks guys!!

Andrew

Try this thread.
I have the checkered kind and got someone to reproduce them exactly.
Pick of decals on boat at the thread listed below. Guys name is Jason and his work number is 574-546-4199

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16890&title=if-you-need-shadow-decals-89-90-found-them

Good Luck.

89 Ski Nautique 2001

89 Ski Nautique 2001
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2011 at 9:15am
Originally posted by ajburnet ajburnet wrote:

Yes my 2001 does have the checkered style, but if I can get someone to make solid white replacements or whatever the best option is, that would be great!
Thanks guys!!

Andrew

Andrew,
You need to think ORIGINAL!!! See the above post - please!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
88 S NAUTIQUE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88 S NAUTIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2011 at 6:00pm
Andrew, I bought the "Ski Nautique" decals from White Lake but still need the "2001" and rear decals. Let me know if you come up with anything or go in together.. $$ down? Let me know -Steve
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2011 at 1:47am
does anyone have any decal installation tips. I got my decals from tim and I put them on the one side but I am struggling with air bubbles. I there a way to prevent this or easily remove them. The only way I have been able to remove them is poke a little pin hole and press them towards the hole. For some of the very small ones this is too tedious. So any advice for prevention or getting rid of these would be much appreciated.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2011 at 11:33am
Rule no 1, don't apply decals outside if the wind is blowing. No 2, don't apply decals to a hot surface, that will cause bubbles. You can spray water with a tiny amount of soap in it to float the decal and squeegee out the water (or go to a sign shop and get Sure Glide). Large decals, it's easier to tape down the center vertically and apply one half and then the other. I try to email this email when I ship decals.

http://www.domainsticker.com/infos/instructions.aspx
Tim D
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2011 at 11:51am
For the little decal application work I've done, I give a BIG "AMEN" to spraying the surface with slippery water. By putting a tiny amount of soap in the water and misting the surface, the decals go on where you want and how you want.......... Huge difference! Taping down "as a hinge" is a great way to pre-place them prior to application..........
StuMc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2011 at 7:22pm
Tim, I have a 1986 S/N just like the orignal post,I need all decals sides and transom. Please send me an e-mail at Smcneil@durefoods.com
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2011 at 1:41pm
Yes,
Wow what a difference a little water makes, the other decals went on flawlessly!!! Wish I would have asked that first. Amateur mistake! Here are some pictures after the new decals. Thanks again tim!!!
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2011 at 1:45pm
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2011 at 1:54pm
Justin:

Decals look great! Love the shine on that top deck!!

The water is amazingly helpful, isn't it..........

Steve
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2011 at 8:11pm
Did you put them on the wrong sides? I think 2001 should lean to the rear.
Tim D
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2011 at 1:43pm
They do appear to be on the wrong sides.

I just had my windows tinted and freaked out the next morning when I saw about 10 air bubbles in my driver window. Within a week they disappeared, apparently the film does allow air to pass through. Is this the same with typical boat decals?
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2011 at 7:31pm
Well that is how the old ones on mine were on there. Maybe they weren't on correctly. I just confirmed with pictures when I got the boat. That is direction they were leaning. That seems odd was it different in 86 maybe? Or something with the reverse gel option?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2011 at 7:34pm
Whoever replaced the decals the last time put them on backwards. I've seen a couple other replacements on the wrong sides. The factory never did that however. It's just decals though, it's not like the PO put the windshield on the transom...
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2011 at 7:35pm
Proof Im not that dense......

.... Also water was key, so much easier and no bubbles
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2011 at 7:43pm
Ok so now that I think about it and look into other models everyone else's went the other way. Also, now I am thinking that the decals that were on previous where not original. They were they white checkered ones that were much larger and I dont think the white checkered showed up until later. The guy that had it before me doesnt strike me as someone who does any cosmetic repairs considering the condition of the boat when I got it. Any thoughts? Oh well, mine is truly custom now. Stands out, it also matches the slant on my trailer decals now. So I will just say I did it on purpose. HA.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2011 at 7:45pm
Theres a reverse gel 2001 in the 1986 brochure that shows the correct decals:

1988 and 1989 2001's had checkered decals.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2011 at 7:58pm
Thats weird wonder where those old ones came from. I never really paid attention to any elses only what was on there before assuming they were original and they were put on the same way as before. There is so many things not original on that boat its no big deal, add it to the list.
88 S NAUTIQUE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88 S NAUTIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2011 at 10:49am
I believe 1988 2001's was the only year for the checker style decals.   1989 had something different
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2011 at 11:42am
Originally posted by 88 S NAUTIQUE 88 S NAUTIQUE wrote:

I believe 1988 2001's was the only year for the checker style decals.   1989 had something different

88 and 89-90 were in fact different, but both are "checked".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic