Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2nd Annual Southwest Reunion June 10-13!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
Author
rmm025 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmm025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2010 at 12:05am
Yea, its a long way to tow, thats one of my reasons for finding someone to split gas. I didn't think about camping at the park, thats a good idea too. I think I am gonna bring my boat no matter what, its kinda the point to me. I am also planning on driving up Friday morning or Thursday night if I camp. Its about a 4-5hr trip for me.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2010 at 12:08am
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Sounds good. I hate to say, but dont know whether to bring the boat or not. Long way to tow the boat for just a day and a half. Most likely I will bring it, but still do not know.
I have not looked either, but if plan to stay there by the park in camping over there off 407. Lake park it is.. But if you still can not find anyone to split costs, let me know.   

Some people are showing up on Thursday. I'm working on a deal with a RV company to see if we could get some deals on them bringing in and setting up some large trailers to rent for the weekend at the campsite right on the water. If anyone wants to fly in or come in early you're more than welcome to stay at the house. I plan on staying at the campsite / RV park. It has WIFI, laundry, security, electric, and a store. There are always hotels nearby. I think I posted some earlier in this post.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2010 at 12:25am
Let me know if anyone would be interested in staying at the campground?
rmm025 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmm025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2010 at 12:32am
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Let me know if anyone would be interested in staying at the campground?

I am pretty sure I would, which campground is it?
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2010 at 12:38am
Yea hell I wuz raised to rough it..

If i have to pitch a tent, I am good with that. There is a real nice park of 35, on 407 that is on the sw east side. Nice ramp, and commoditys. I freeking cant spell.. Thank god for spell check
I will have to work on friday, just started a new job and can not take off. So I will have to weigh my options. But if anyone got ideas please feel free. I REALLY want to meet the gang of CCF and enjoy a great weekend with the gang.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2010 at 1:37am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2010 at 4:44pm
Thanks Ryan on the campground info..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2010 at 8:16pm
You bet. It's nice, with a store, golf course, disc golf course, soccer and softball fields, not to metion the lake right next to it. It also has a nice laundry facility and a pavilian with parking for the boats.
rmm025 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmm025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2010 at 4:24am

skicat2001, do you want to split a camp site. I am sure they are big enough for two tents, and they give a maximum occupancy of 6 per site.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2010 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by rmm025 rmm025 wrote:

skicat2001, do you want to split a camp site. I am sure they are big enough for two tents, and they give a maximum occupancy of 6 per site.

Yea we can, I am still trying to find out if this girl I have been dating wants to come or not. She said she wants hotel, which I founnd one close by for cheap. When she lets me know,and chooses not to come, then I'd rather tent it. Women, cant live with or with out them..
Other than that, yea we will split a site, no prob my friend..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

rmm025 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmm025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 8:43pm
Booked site 93 for 3 nights 6/10-6/12
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 9:12pm
Is that on the east side?
rmm025 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmm025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 9:59pm
From the camp map and google map images it looks like it is on the west side near the boat ramps. The lady on the phone said it is one of the better tent sites, and from what I can see on google it seems I would be able to see the boat ramp parking lot from the site.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2010 at 10:19pm
If it is the spot I'm thinking of it's nice. Good shade during the hot part of the day, tables, grill, and you can mooch my electric and water if needed. Nice view too, always fun to sit and watch some weekend warriors load ther boats too.
bradtm16 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradtm16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2010 at 4:58pm
Ryan, I believe I am gonna be able to make it. I'd definitely be interested in renting an RV if you can have them set em up. Let me know if they are willing to do it and the prices. I will probably be there around noon on Friday.

If we can't get the RV's I'll probably stay in a nearby hotel. If that's the case, I'm worried about keeping my boat at the hotel overnight. Any solutions for boat storage?

Boat Dr. if your going, we can caravan. I live in Pineville. I plan on leaving Friday morning.

Ryan, thanks for the hard work setting the event up. Can I ask one more thing of you, can you post a map of the lake showing where the cove is that we will be hanging out at? And show any places to avoid, stumps etc.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2010 at 5:25pm
I'll have some maps of the lake to keep with you when you guys get there. You could also look online. The camp area is secure, in fact they lock the gate @ 11:00 PM. If you stay in a hotel, you could still leave the boat there with the rest of ours. As far as were we will be at on the lake depends on wind direction / water conditions. There are several spots to choose from which is nice.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2010 at 8:26pm
Here is a link for some camper /R.V. retals that are nearby.This would allow someone to stay at the campsight with a.c and showers for kids and the ladies.
rmm025 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmm025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2010 at 7:20pm
Ryan,

Why doesn't Keith recognize this reunion in his reunion page?
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2010 at 10:57pm
To make it one of the official CCF reunions would mean addditonal time spent between organizing the others and work on the websight. In addition trying to devote time to work, a new house, and a family. He supports us from behind the scenes and does what he can.
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2010 at 12:19am
Also IMO, until we show the organization and the crowd interest we are still in the "gathering" category. Kudos goes to Ryan "SN2906'. For such young event he is pulling some major sponsors. I hope I can devote more time to help him. We just need to keep working towards making this event into a regular event. Let's keep the excitement and perseverance going.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2010 at 12:21am
I meant "SN206" is kind of hard typing while having a beer at the bar. Ryan, want to have a beer at Hooters in Grapevine next week? Also, I think we need to show that this is a family event and not a crazy Lewisville party cove style event. Then again, these are just my thoughts.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2010 at 12:51am
Anthony, I'm always down for beers. I may be working in Oklahoma after this weekend, but I'll try. I think Kirk is working on the flyer, maybe you could post some around the local hot spots. We had a pretty good family turn out last year and I would like for it to stay that way. After hours are always up to whomever.
rmm025 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmm025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2010 at 1:24am
Thanks for the info, just curious. And I completly understand the whole time devotion thing. I can barely devote enough time to keep my boat up and be able to ride once and a while. Also I appreciate everything you are doing ryan, if you need any help let me know. What are we up to now on committed people/boats/sponsors? I think between myself and bradtm16(old college buddy) we are bringing 2 boats, and 4-6 people.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2010 at 5:11am
Ryan, don't worry. Maybe after next week we can meet. Thanks for being a great CCF friend.
form&function View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2010 at 2:20am
What camping spot are you staying at Ryan?
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2010 at 1:04pm
Campground

I would like to organize a cookout / social event there Saturday night. However, like the St. John's River run, which went flawless, I don't want anyone feeling tied down or commeted to any plan. As the "The Doc" once said, "The plan is, there is no plan".
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2010 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by rmm025 rmm025 wrote:

Booked site 93 for 3 nights 6/10-6/12

I'll be at R.V. spot #84, which is going to be right by you guys, but also within eyesight of the boat parking area. Let's start getting ideas for a cook out for Saturday night.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2010 at 2:28pm
There are still plenty of spots still open at the campground.
form&function View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote form&function Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2010 at 2:47am
I got spot number 85 10th through 12th
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2010 at 3:05am
Excellent! Your boat will be one of the highlights I'm sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
  Share Topic