NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St. Johns River Run 2010 - 2/19-21

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 13>
Author
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 2:43pm
Okay then..........changing the subject I did a little digging on the area down there round Ocala and it seems that the state of Fla allows motorized boats on the Silver River (IDLE only). It's most famous for the tourist trap Siver Springs, and many movies have been made along the spring fed river. Is there any interest in a possible river run up the Silver river on Fri. morning? The scenery is supposed to be fantastic and the river even has wild monkeys that have inhabited the landscape. Sounds interesting and fun. Any takers?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 3:06pm
Sounds like a trip for the Sutton clan to attend.We are bookee at Parramores for Thursday nite.How far to back track from Astor?
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 3:36pm
Great idea Tim. We took the ride several years ago and aside from the all-idling part, it's a really neat cruise. Monkeys in the trees and all. The really nice launch area is just about 30 miles west right down Hwy 40 from Astor. Because of the potential time constraints and logistics of lauching and retrieving 20+ boats together, it might be a good idea to sign up a certain number of larger capacity boats with more folks in each. Might make for a better rolling party as well. Just a thought.

Oh, and as for the last years racing, I'm pretty sure the trophy plaques all say "Fastest" Boat on the River. Not "Quickest" or "Best Hole Shot", and which was our goal when running that afternoon, neck and neck for an extended distance. I don't think anyone was doubting the quickness and acceleration of Karen's boat. She was reigning supreme in those departments.     
ReidP
1973 Mustang

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 3:58pm
Reid, did you think it was an equal comparison between the two boats? I choose to think that the scale was skewed a little more towards your boat than Karen's.But you lost , even with the extra 3 guys in the rear of the Crush,guess her boat was the quickest and the fastest.........
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 4:00pm
Sounds to me like the Dart may stay home this year.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 4:12pm
Only if it's an equal comparison this time.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 4:15pm
Okay, you guys am I gonna have to sit between you two?

Can't you just feel the love?????

Reid, I think that sounds like a good idea. I know that those that can be there will be itching to get to the St.johns as everyone starts rolling into camp. I figure we won't be on the river too long as landing a boat is prohibited. I'm guessing you can enter the main springs but you'll have to watch out for glass bottom boats. Sounds like a fun trip.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 4:15pm
I have a month to find a little more speed out of the old girl,but will not drag her there just to win a piece of wood.Got a wall full of plaques,trophies and pictures, I need money for fuel.

.......Remember Reid, Second place is for losers...............
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

If your not first....your last!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 4:39pm
Chris, stop posting during English class.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 5:25pm

I have a month to find a little more speed out of the old girl,but will not drag her there just to win a piece of wood.Got a wall full of plaques,trophies and pictures, I need money for fuel.

I have a month to find a few fatter guys, or girls (sorry Joe and Alan) for the back seat of the Crush, but the boat's coming anyway. Got a bunch of plaques and trophies too. I just need to have fun.

If I remember correctly, I don't recall Reid raggin' on the good Doctor after mopping up at the first hyped-up racing at GL '07. And I believe those races were run from idle too.

There will certainly be more fun to be had, and less doubt to remain, if the KarenCraft comes. But I don't know about the money thing as I apparently won't have a dog in the fight.      
ReidP
1973 Mustang

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 5:32pm
What Reid no paint on that 1st gen SN yet?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 7:37pm
Well Joe, I did. But I failed to read up on the Awlgrip fine print where it states the product only adheres up to 60mph. First run ripped the paint right off, so now I'm going with gelcoat and won't have time to wrap it up before the SJ.

Where's Dave? I want him to know that we're officially talking smack now, and all the credit goes to Billy.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 8:12pm
Reid all this started after "your comment" that "YOU GAVE US THE NOD" not that you were beat fair and square, nothing was said for the last year as to fairness nor the unfair tactics you used to Win at any cost.
With that being said I will refrain from posting further on the subject, what was and what will be.
I will be bringing the Dart, better to have the oldest and the slowest this year.I do not need a trophy nor a plaque to prime my ego....................Billy
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 9:18pm

I'll sit back and watch this time..

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 9:28pm
Billy, quit acting like "all this" is bad. As for the nod, I believe you've interpreted my meaning completely backwards, as the intent was to simply state that YOU were at a disadvantage with an extra person up front, and had it been apples to apples, your boat would have easily been at least a MPH faster, instead of running side by side. I wasn't trying to take anything from you or making any excuses, but instead conceding defeat. I was giving a nod to you as being the faster boat, period. I'm sorry it wasn't clearer.   You still need to bring Karen's boat. xxoooxxooo      
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 9:37pm
As reported on 2-14-2009:
SPEAKING OF RACING: the Fastest Boat on the River 2009 contest was decided on the way back from The Glen, and while the water had calmed down nicely to a hull-raising ripple. With Alan GPS doing the recording, I was most surprised that the Orange Crush 409, with three boys sitting across the transom, registered an incredible 57.1 MPH. But guess what! That was only good for second place as the BoatDr's (or rather Karen's) boat bested the 409 by the smallest but definite margin to take top honors. Out of the hole it wasn't even close as Billy's 331 stoker pulls G's never before experienced by a mortal ski-boat, but I reminded him that it WAS a top speed contest. Coming in just a tenth or two slower was Marshall's 340 Mustang, with all three boats being within a 1/2 mph of each other. It was exciting. Coming in 4th but in the medals, was Adamt in his 302 Skier, as he was passing folks all day long. Thanks again to MaddMarxx for coming up with the idea and having the trophy plaques made.

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 10:21pm
Well just got back from the doctor's and come to find out he wants to perform and biopsy (hope I spelled it right) a week before the river run. He seems to think I might have the big "C" at age 36! Oh well, I may not be able to ski or load /unload the boat by myself, but I'm coming anyways.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 11:10pm
There's some perspective. I hope your Doc is wrong.

Billy, you split a barrel this morning or something?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 11:14pm

Ryan, after I read your post I felt real bad inside.

You know we always joke with one another on this site, but stop to think about bad things in life. And what could happen to people on this site in the years to come. That's why I live life to it's fullest everyday.
Even if people don't agree with me all the time. Some people say I talk to much, but that's just me. And yes if you give me a drink I can get silly.

But, the fun I had meeting everyone here makes my day. And in this world this site helps people everyday. So it hurts, to hear anything bad to an member.

If you come to St. John you can have a ride with me anytime.

I just hope everything comes out O.K. from the tests.

Thats why I think St.John Run is so simple. Just what happens their has no time set, just good food and fun with all in hand. "the simple things in life."

Dave The Godfather
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 11:23pm
        Bruce, this thread so far has too little for too long.

Been firing shots across Reid's bow, got very little "spunk" in return.So I just kept firing a few more rounds, got a call tonite from the other driver in the race. We will not drop names , but the shots seemed to have worked.

All is fair in love and boat racing

Where is the hype that should be happening right now????????????
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 11:46pm
Thanks Dave and that's why I'm coming. Talked to the Doc(Boat) a little while ago. Still plan on towing mine down and meeting up with him in LA some where to convoy. I guess I need to put a rubber duck on my hood now.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:17am
Yes, you guys can count me in, the ski-lime is running a sweet 55mph right now, a few gals of racing fuel and you never know, I don't think it will be a 1st place boat, but it should be better then last year, maybe Reid and boat Dr will wait for some of us to get off the sandbar before they take off this year! PS Godfather you can get turbo kit for around a grand!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:29am
Mark,

I'll take your draft..

I going to get a cabin tomorrow, so leave your tent at home roomie..

Dave

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:48am
Is there a trophy for the slowest boat? The ole' 66 might hit 40.It use to do 42 with the 1-bbl carb on her.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:52am

Marty,

If you come , we will get you something...

Dave
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:07am
Ryan,

That sucks to hear. I hope all is good. See you at the River Run!

Mike
Mike N

1968 Mustang

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:31am
Marty,
Are you thinking about going ?
Cathie and I are leaving from New Hill, NC on the 17th or 18th and staying until Monday if you want to run down with us you are welcome
to come alone.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:38am
Sorry to hear the bad news Ryan. Hope everything goes well!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:38am
Trying to figure out how much the 83 SS will drink in gas,and then how much for a room.If so,it would probably be Thursday the 18th that would be fesiable for me.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 13>
  Share Topic