NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St. Johns River Run 2010 - 2/19-21

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 13>
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:40am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Chris, stop posting during English class.

Hollywood, I've got a big boy job now! No more english class for me, just slacking off at work!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:41am

Hollywood, I've got a big boy job now! No more english class for me, just slacking off at work!

critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:58am
Marty,
I figure the 83 SS gets about what my 93 Motorhome gets... 8mpg. Per Mapquest you are looking at $360 round trip for an estimate.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 2:41am
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Is there a trophy for the slowest boat? The ole' 66 might hit 40.It use to do 42 with the 1-bbl carb on her.

I should have kept that American Skier with the 4 cyl 70hp Graymarine Marty,I'd have given you some competition,specially if I didn't clean the bottom
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

I will be bringing the Dart, better to have the oldest and the slowest this year.I do not need a trophy nor a plaque to prime my ego....................Billy

Billy, you better bring the Dart to GL next year too, otherwise Id have to beat that American Skier fair and square. Your boat is slow.

Reid, yours is slower.

Youre both lucky that I cant trailer one down to FL next month!
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:22pm
Timmy, do you need a tissue?
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:33pm
...or a jap slap back to reality?
ReidP
1973 Mustang

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

...or a jap slap back to reality?

Didnt you take 2nd place at Lake George?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:54pm
...or a roshambo into next week?
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 12:56pm
And what exactly does Lake George in 09 have to do with the SJ in 2010?
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Congratulations! Now I remember you said you were graduating in December.
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:30pm
Better snap up that stringer job in the BFN, Tim. Head to FL next month.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 1:52pm
Maybe he's been sandbagging everyone and has been posting pics of progress from a few months ago?!
prosweep1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prosweep1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 2:10pm
I will have the Al Tyll Skier at the glen this year, doing a few test runs this month with her in st cloud, fl. I am looking forward to the race across lake george.     I'm hoping to also bring my 1970 mustang with the 273. If it's cold as it is now, these boats will fly.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Maybe he's been sandbagging everyone and has been posting pics of progress from a few months ago?!

Ha, I wish. It should be on schedule for a sping launch, but its not happening in Feb. I wish I could make the trip to FL, but its not looking good at the moment.

And what exactly does Lake George in 09 have to do with the SJ in 2010?

Well, I guess it doesnt have much to do with SJ '10, as I most likely wont be there- but I would think you'd be used to 2nd place by now!
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 10:33pm

Did anyone ask which boat reid was bringing to St.John ??

I got your back reid, the smoke screen worked.

Is Jerry almost done with the new parts in the Mustang..

Should set some new records, before one of these guy's blow a motor.

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2010 at 10:44pm
He's taking The Orange Crush. But he's going the week before cause he's going to the Daytona 500.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2010 at 12:00am
I know Marty thanks anyway, just adding some fuel to the fire.

My man reidp is getting shot at from both sides. North and south.

And its all because someone talked about a Big Race....hehe

I just love the warmth in here..

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2010 at 10:51am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Well, I guess it doesnt have much to do with SJ '10, as I most likely wont be there- but I would think you'd be used to 2nd place by now!

You think Mark Martin's ever gotten used to finishing second? I doubt it. (Please don't ask who MM is)

I was only planning to take the Crush, and Rodney will probably be taking down his Moody Blue (72 light blue Skier). Speaking of blue, I wish we could get Larry Snyder to bring his light blue 71 SN feature boat down.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2010 at 11:31am

Speaking of blue, I wish we could get Larry Snyder to bring his light blue 71 SN feature boat down.

I was thinking the same thing reid after looking at the home page. THAT is a nice boat!   

Whadda'ya say Larry? Are you In?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2010 at 6:02pm
OK- how about this

I meant to say Reid was bringing

The 'Orange Slushie' to the river.
66 Skylark
93 SN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2010 at 7:36pm
It took me damned near as long to drive to work this morning, as it is going to take me to fly to Florida for the River Run.
This is getting old already and it is only the beginning of winter.... Windchill advisories tonight to -50*F
Mike N

1968 Mustang

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2010 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by WakeSlayer WakeSlayer wrote:

It took me damned near as long to drive to work this morning, as it is going to take me to fly to Florida for the River Run.
This is getting old already and it is only the beginning of winter....

<--at what you said, not you

Originally posted by WakeSlayer WakeSlayer wrote:

Windchill advisories tonight to -50*F

If that's an advisory, then I'd hate to hear what a warning is up there! It's cold here and even snowing just now, but it's nowhere near 50 below. I'll think of you in the morning when I'm whining about my shop being so cold.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2010 at 8:47pm
it will be like -12* actual temp, just windy as hell. And, no joke, 2:25 to drive in this morning. My flight to Orlando is 3:02, I believe.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 12:17am

Was able to upgrade to an cabin today...

Still have some left, so I would call before it's to late or you might have to use a tent.

Me and the wife are going for a road trip Sunday, she wants to check the place out.
So I will take some pre pics for the guy's up north..
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 12:56am
Did I hear mention of they had covered boat slips to rent out too?Does everyone usually leave 'em in the water all weekend or take 'em out?
66 Skylark
93 SN
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2010 at 5:35am
Originally posted by MaddMarxx MaddMarxx wrote:

Yes, you guys can count me in, the ski-lime is running a sweet 55mph right now, a few gals of racing fuel and you never know, I don't think it will be a 1st place boat, but it should be better then last year, maybe Reid and boat Dr will wait for some of us to get off the sandbar before they take off this year! PS Godfather you can get turbo kit for around a grand!

My money's on the LIME Crush this year...
-Adam

1973 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2010 at 12:36pm
2:35am......can't you sleep?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2010 at 9:46pm
Marty, everyone usually leaves em' in the water for the weekend. Covered boat slips are $5.00 a nite. I left mine tied up at the side dock last year and wished I would have paid the extra $5. Would have been worth not have to towel dry the boat the next morning while everyone was hanging out on the main dock gathering round & buying up the T-shirts.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2010 at 4:14pm
Where would be the best place to fly in if a guy was to fly down? Been looking at tickets...found some for pretty cheap!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 13>
  Share Topic