NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St. Johns River Run 2010 - 2/19-21

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 13>
Author
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2010 at 4:57pm
Storm34 -Chris- I think I heard someone say Astor- but don't quote me. Past thread, maybe last years,I think is where I saw it. Come on down-- you can ride or drive mine.That is if you think you can handle it from the port-side !
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2010 at 6:31pm
Chris, Astor is just a small town. I think you'd have to fly into Orlando or Daytona.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2010 at 7:02pm
Orlando. Check with Dave, he'll be coming from Orlando and maybe you could ride up with him and the "One".
...those who have fallen and those who will.
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2010 at 9:03pm

Yep thats me,

I will be coming up Friday morning and if you get a thursday nite flight.

I live about 20 minutes from the airport.

Just let me know if needed.

And I just got back from Parramores, I will post pics later.
Billy the groundsman was very happy to see us coming again this year.
Nice guy.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 11:41am
What do yall think about doing the BBQ on Saturday night like we did last year? Billy said they'd bring boudin and maybe other stuff and we'll do toothpick surprise and could bring more.

Thoughts? Ideas? Frustrations?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 2:04pm
Sounds good to me Greg. I like the idea and I'm glad you brought it up. Its only 5 weeks away and we've only got TPS and Boudin on the menu so far. I think Azeus brought the burgers last year but doubt he'll be in this year being in Ark. I'm in for something just don't know what yet
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 2:15pm
Adam moved to AR?
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 2:27pm
Yeah Mike he did. You musta missed that link. Here's the scoop.......

Adam's "Azeus17" new home.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 9:35pm
Anyone bringing a fryer?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 9:44pm
Ryan,

Yes, they had one last year and we had about 3 to 4 grills as well.

I think Bj brought alot of gear..

I'm sure they will post soon. Im thinking about bringing all the goodies like
plates & forks, cups, fixing for the burgers and dogs..etc

And of course some meat..

Last year we had alot of food.. and thats what makes it fun, to have different stuff to taste. Great time

Dave
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 9:57pm
Kim said we'd bring desert again unless someone else wants to bring that. Her Carrot and Cocconut cakes were a big hit so we'll bring those again but we're open to suggestions.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 10:00pm
I have talked to BJ and he will bring two grills along with a deep fryer as well.I think we had Four grills last year, any one else want to add this to their cargo list?
We have the pavillion for the whole weekend,base camp for food prep.Woody will be there in his land yacht, base camp for the meet and greet,RV space number to appear later.
As this year will be a repeat of last, Woody does not play well with others,his ride will be Brand X.Male penis envy will not keep the old man down, red metal flake, give me a break...............
Jody has a few tricks up his sleeve, but I will let him announce those.
The Friday run on " monkey river" is still on and gaining members.Do not be left out...............
Maybe a surprise for all the die hard CC guys on Sat. nite.Show and tell were my favorite periods in kindergarden,I quit school after they make us take recess in place of the naps.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 10:03pm
I think we are gonna wake up a Bear talking about all this food...

I know you are out there.....
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 10:10pm
Can we get to the Monkey River run in a boat from Parramores ?
Cathie and I would like to go.
We will be there early Friday morning after breakfast at the resturant at the turn into Parramores.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 10:26pm
+1 for Kim's cakes!!!
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 10:29pm
I liked the pull pork sandwiches...

And don't eat this...
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 10:50pm
Critter, got to tow to a different boat ramp. If my man in the KNOW,KNOWS it is a 30 min drive from Parramores.Round trip time about 4 hours including trailer and launch time. We should have room as there will be several boats going,this will all be idle only for most miles. It aint gonna happen fast........
Tim have you laid out a Google map with GPS numbers yet,a Topo Map will appreciated. Time has not been set for departure from Home Base yet.
Oh I forgot about the PLAN & Rule #1 .........

#1 There are no plans,if needed see rule #2

#2 We Need No Stinkin Plans
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2010 at 11:08pm

Can't make the Monkey Run, but would like too.
My boat needs air for the supercharger, to kick in.

So I will help Woody with "The Meet and Greet".

No plans just helping out...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2010 at 12:30am
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

I think we are gonna wake up a Bear talking about all this food...

I know you are out there.....

I have been watching this thread..not commenting since our plans were not set yet. But got some word tonite that made up our minds. Gotta call and see if I can still get a place. AdamT offered us space (thanks) but I better check into getting our own spot.

Don't know what Patti will want us to bring.

Yummmmmm....toothpick surprise. At the Lanier Weekend the surprises never even made it off the grill!

Can't wait to see the One!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2010 at 12:42am
I'm thinking 'bout running down to Winter Haven after the run. Anyone know how long it would take?
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2010 at 1:29am
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

I'm thinking 'bout running down to Winter Haven after the run. Anyone know how long it would take?

Depends on which way you want to go. If you want to go thru O-Town you never know how long. Back Roads it is about 1.5-2 hours. Nice driving clean air you know!!! We will be more than happy to point you the right direction once you decide to move out.
Cheers!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2010 at 8:58am
Billy, what time does the monkey run leave Paramore's Friday morning?

For not having a plan, we're looking pretty good! If anyone's still on the fence about making this trip, jump off on the Paramore's side; this will be a blast!

Side note-Amy and I have a favor to ask of one of our Floridian CCFan buds. We're going on from Astor down to see her Dad in Ft Myers on Monday, and we would love to rent a parking spot for the pumpkin so we don't have to drag it all the way down there. It would be from Monday-Thursday. Do any of you have room to park a punkin for a few days? Thanks!

1988 BFN-sold

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2010 at 9:22am
Hey guys I think that Kim and I are gonna drive down on thurs affternoon and get a room somewhere in Ocala. The launch for the Monkey Run isn't too far from town so figured we'd just bunk there for the night. If you guys are coming from parramores maybe you better suggest the time. You'll have further to drive.

Doc I haven't got the gps coordinates yet but will be bringing both GPS's (?) with me. Reid might be more familier with this run as he's done it.

Roger, looking at the google maps you might be able to get there on water but it would probably take you a couple of tanks of gas and a day or so to get there. I'd suggest we go with Reids suggestion and launch a few boats to save time and traffic on the river and havoc at the ramp. I know we'll all be itching to get to the St Johns Fri afternoon with a RR to the Glenn. I think that this idea would benefit us all. We just need to figure out whose in for Fri morn and go from there.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2010 at 12:31pm
Tim and Kim, John and Patty; I've got the same 3 bdrm house rented we've had for the past 4 yrs on the water, as we've held it over from the race weekend before. So anyway, it'll be available all week/weekend, if you guys need a place early or a place period, probably for about the cost of a beer. Up to you. Rodney will be staying in his brand-spanking new motorhome (in the driveway), so we have some room. And just a short boat ride or drive to Parramore's.    

Marty, you found a place yet? One bedroom has 4 bunk spaces for the single dudes, or cozy couples.     
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2010 at 2:30pm
We found a good spot to park the punkin for a few days; thanks much! I'll leave the names out for now, but I will say that CCFan rocks and I wish I had a nickel for every time this Fan has helped me.

And yes, we'll be leaving the keys with him!   
1988 BFN-sold

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2010 at 7:16pm
Hey guys, please help the mentally handicap and explain what this Monkey thing is... Now, of course I know there are no rules, but if some of us Northern folk are still trying to make the trip, I would love to understand where and why the group is splitting up and going in different directions.... Or maybe I'm just cornfused......

Now I've known most of you guys for a number of years now, but I'm a little scared to sign up for a "Monkey" anything, especially with the voodoo likes of the Doc etc.... Yikes...

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2010 at 8:16pm
Okay Dave here's the scoop..... The story of their origin supposedly goes something like this... In 1936, the owner of the Jungle Cruise at Silver Springs, Colonel Tooey, came up with the idea of creating a monkey island on the Silver River to entice more tourists to the area.

Not thinking the monkeys would swim away, he placed them on the island. The monkeys did indeed swim off the island and propagated. The monkeys can now be found up and down the Silver and Oklawaha river corridors.

The river is open to motor boats but the Rangers forbid beaching boats on the bank. They encourage visitors not to get too close as the monkeys have been known to jump in the boat with you and WILL bite.

This sounds like a fun excursion for those wanting to get there early enough on Fri morning to do this. We will all be back at Parramores by mid afternoon for the Main event. Put away your snow shows and come on down to sunny Fla.     
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2010 at 8:32pm
Reidp,

I invited Marty and guest to stay with me, but it's up to him
if he wants to take you up on the offer.

He will let us know..

Or we all can come over and stay for a 6 pack...hehe

Dave
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2010 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Okay Dave here's the scoop..... The story of their origin supposedly goes something like this... In 1936, the owner of the Jungle Cruise at Silver Springs, Colonel Tooey, came up with the idea of creating a monkey island on the Silver River to entice more tourists to the area.

Not thinking the monkeys would swim away, he placed them on the island. The monkeys did indeed swim off the island and propagated. The monkeys can now be found up and down the Silver and Oklawaha river corridors.

The river is open to motor boats but the Rangers forbid beaching boats on the bank. They encourage visitors not to get too close as the monkeys have been known to jump in the boat with you and WILL bite.

This sounds like a fun excursion for those wanting to get there early enough on Fri morning to do this. We will all be back at Parramores by mid afternoon for the Main event. Put away your snow shows and come on down to sunny Fla.     

Awwhhh, OK, well I'm used to Quinner and Hollywood's Monkey business, so the real thing isn't all that scary... LOL.. Are you getting the boats wet on Friday afternoon as well? I assume the "Glen" run is Sat??

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2010 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Awwhhh, OK, well I'm used to Quinner and Hollywood's Monkey business, so the real thing isn't all that scary... LOL.. Are you getting the boats wet on Friday afternoon as well? I assume the "Glen" run is Sat??

In the immortal words of Radio......."Both!"

We iz gonna make a run to the Glenn on Fri and Sat as far as I'm concerned. I thinks that is why I suggested hitting the Monkey run Early on Fri so we can do them both.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 13>
  Share Topic