NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St. Johns River Run 2010 - 2/19-21

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 13>
Author
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: St. Johns River Run 2010 - 2/19-21
    Posted: December-30-2009 at 1:04pm
Setting at the keyboard, too cold to boat....Old minds tend to wander..

What is the interest in a small swap meet ??????????

We have spoke about this before, just not enough time at the official events.

There is the space to do it at Parramores, we have reserved the pavillion there for the whole weekend............

Yeas or Naes
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2009 at 1:13pm
Did some one say swap meet?? I can smell-em!! Count me in.
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2009 at 1:19pm
Jody give me a call, all I have is an old cell no.

1-318-386-2825.......Billy
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2009 at 4:07pm
Now, that would be great..

I'm sure to find some goodies to attend.

Dave
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2009 at 1:54am

Just to let everyone know,

Yes, I am bringing out the 72 Mustang "The One" to show
to all it's family members...

And to line up for the big race as well.

Dave
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2009 at 2:12am
Race? Do tell Dave.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2009 at 12:52pm
Ryan, It was suggested last year that we should find out who has the fastest boat on the river. Headed back to Parramores campground from the glenn springs, those in the race made a run for it. No GPS to determine the winner; just a line em' up and see who has the fastest boat. The boat belonging to the Boat Nurse was the fastest in 09. Should be interesting to see who has the fastest in 2010', Hmmmmmmmmmm?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2009 at 1:14pm
Dave if all you have to bring is that Mustang ,better find 10 mph to even get in.
We will have Show and Go,please be advised if Karen brings her boat ,stay in the show catagory.
Plans are to bring the Dart,having the oldest boat this year is almost as good as having the fastest in '09.
Tim there was a GPS used , Reid posted his top speed and Karen was faster, do not remember the number,I just know her Am. Skier was not built in '64 to go that fast.
Some times its better to be cool than fast.................
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2009 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Dave if all you have to bring is that Mustang ,better find 10 mph to even get in

hahahha. At least 10.   Karen's boat is silly fast.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2009 at 3:38pm
My Apologies Dr. I thought that there wasn't one used. Just an all out drag race.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2009 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Ryan, It was suggested last year that we should find out who has the fastest boat on the river. Headed back to Parramores campground from the glenn springs, those in the race made a run for it. No GPS to determine the winner; just a line em' up and see who has the fastest boat. The boat belonging to the Boat Nurse was the fastest in 09. Should be interesting to see who has the fastest in 2010', Hmmmmmmmmmm?

You might want to refraise that as the fastest Nautique!
I can show up with a tripple digget Flat! Wanna race?
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2009 at 5:32pm
Okay Jody,I'll give you that one. I think we all know that this is a Correct Craft website and NOT some other racing boat website. We all know that the Doc's days are numbered and the American Skier's rein on the river will be short lived. We can see from his post that "Waitin on the Doc" will be coming so maybe............ "The One" will be the boat to beat.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2009 at 7:13pm
It's nice to hear this being knocked around! If I could get in touch with Eric I might be on my way to the hunt.   

Heck, he's probably frozen...we had solid rain falling last night(southern boys run for shelter in these traumatic times) and damn, the shop was cold this morning! (jk Eric)

Billy, you'll have to get the throttle off the steering wheel to make that one get up and boogie!

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2009 at 8:15pm
Jody, No Nautiques in the stable here.Several CorrectCrafts scattered here but notta Nautique in sight.............
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2009 at 8:49pm

Jody, No Nautiques in the stable here.Several CorrectCrafts scattered here but notta Nautique in sight.............

Happy New Year and tell Chip the same and thanks for the package if he's with you. Out chasing woodcocks on NYE...what are they gonna say?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2009 at 10:56pm
Did you guy's think I was talking about an boat race...

I meant who would be the first one at the camp site.

The Big Race 2010 to St John camp site !!!

And if you believe that, then you don't know me that well.

Put the piece's to the puzzle together first. Do we have a stock class????

10 mph more.... let me see, the Doc is bringing the Dart.

I already know about the 409... NY Joe is on leave, Tim's family crew ??, so would I think the 72 has enough.

Or maybe I'm bringing a surprize to the roasting. Or maybe I already know a boat that is coming to be very very fast... And just maybe the owner of this ghost boat works for CC.

So stay tune my friends this thread is getting started.

Dave     

P.S. Jody don't let the cat out of the bag just yet.... let them smell the bait first..hehe   
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2010 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

Or maybe I'm bringing a surprize to the roasting. Or maybe I already know a boat that is coming to be very very fast... And just maybe the owner of this ghost boat works for CC.

So stay tune my friends this thread is getting started.

Dave     

P.S. Jody don't let the cat out of the bag just yet.... let them smell the bait first..hehe   

I hate it when he does that!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2010 at 12:11pm
IIIIII KNOWWWWWWW    
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2010 at 1:32pm
Lets all try to keep the hype to a min.
This is not a reunion, repeat , This is Not A Reunion

This is called "River Run" for a reason,no hype,no stress,and everyone enjoying everyone else's company.Lets see if we can reproduce last years attendence and atmosphere.Maybe add an informal SWAP MEET to the agenda.............The Plan is NO PLAN.....................

Please Dave do not bring the dirt bike

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2010 at 2:50pm
O.K. Billy,

I will not bring the bike. I will bring the sunshine for us to enjoy.

Dave the quiet one
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2010 at 9:50pm
Dave, You did so well with the weather last year, Please Please Please give us a repeat .............
The water at the Glenn was a nice touch too, can you see if the water temp could be raised a small bit, 75 would be about correct........
All else was just fine............Hope for a encore Weekend.........
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2010 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by The Godfather The Godfather wrote:

Did you guy's think I was talking about an boat race...

I meant who would be the first one at the camp site.

The Big Race 2010 to St John camp site !!!

And if you believe that, then you don't know me that well.

Put the piece's to the puzzle together first. Do we have a stock class????

10 mph more.... let me see, the Doc is bringing the Dart.

I already know about the 409... NY Joe is on leave, Tim's family crew ??, so would I think the 72 has enough.

Dave     

Dave, I've been on vacation but lurking from my iphone. So in terms of you making a splash in the races, if Team Seal is bringing an '09-409, should you not be worried about that? And if Team Seal is indeed bringing their '09-409 should they not be worried about ORANGE CRUSH?!     Third place is still in the medals though. But I'm not sure I see an official stock class race happening. It's brutal, run whatcha brung (as long as it's a CC) racing. And I'm sure Maddmarxx will be back this year with SkiLime in perfect tune after a disappointing run last year. And remember that quick little light blue '69 Mustang I used to own...................?    

And to answer the question about GPS verification last year, Alan was holding it and Crush topped out at 57.1. Billy was right neck and neck as was Marshall's boat, but Billy still had his extra rider in the passenger's seat beside him, which cost him a good mph I'm sure, so we gave him the nod.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2010 at 7:59pm
Carefull Reid I do have access to a Bass Nautique with a very much performance enhanced 150 Merc on it! It will go over 90 mph and we think proped right it will hit tripple diggets!
Also since PCM reissued me a new ECM for my 409 it now goes 54mph with two people in the front seats, no BS-ing with sitting people in the back.
So Third place Nautique??? BASS Nautique Maybe????

WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2010 at 8:44pm
A Bass Nautique would be quite a nice addition to the boats in attendance. There was supposed to be a Fish last year but they did not show.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2010 at 8:45pm
How come Jody's 409 isn't fast like the Orange Crush?

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2010 at 8:46pm
Reid has his own set of rules when it comes to boat racing......

Reid, all things being said , you tried every tactic to win that race.You would not do a drag race, you would not do a idle roal out nor would you allow a 25 mph punch. We tried every way "YOU" wanted. The final race was a 40 mph punch with 400 pounds in the rear seat of your boat and Karen sitting in the passenger seat, fair race playing by your rules. And all your reply is that "I'm sure, so we gave him the nod."
If you really feel that that the Blue machine or the Crush can run "Drag Race " toe to toe from a dead stop to max MPH , I will leave the Dart at home and bring back Karen's.But we will race by my rules this time,One driver/One passenger sitting in their seat, dead stop , with a flagman.
We can also sweeten the pot a little Reid,I wouls rather have your money than "the nod you gave me last year"It will buy gas back to LA......

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2010 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I think the Crush is a one-of. The offical word is that the hull was tweaked to "perfect the slalom wake"... but i think it was tweaked for speed. It runs bow high like no other modern ski boat Ive seen! The orange overspray we found on the prop and rudder may be a sign that the hook was ground out to the glass and they had to regel a bit to cover it back up.

Just a theory!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2010 at 10:22pm

Reid has his own set of rules when it comes to boat racing......

Reid, all things being said , you tried every tactic to win that race.You would not do a drag race, you would not do a idle roal out nor would you allow a 25 mph punch. We tried every way "YOU" wanted. The final race was a 40 mph punch with 400 pounds in the rear seat of your boat and Karen sitting in the passenger seat, fair race playing by your rules. And all your reply is that "I'm sure, so we gave him the nod."
If you really feel that that the Blue machine or the Crush can run "Drag Race " toe to toe from a dead stop to max MPH , I will leave the Dart at home and bring back Karen's.But we will race by my rules this time,One driver/One passenger sitting in their seat, dead stop , with a flagman.
We can also sweeten the pot a little Reid,I wouls rather have your money than "the nod you gave me last year"It will buy gas back to LA......

Thats Right!!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2010 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I think the Crush is a one-of. The offical word is that the hull was tweaked to "perfect the slalom wake"... but i think it was tweaked for speed. It runs bow high like no other modern ski boat Ive seen! The orange overspray we found on the prop and rudder may be a sign that the hook was ground out to the glass and they had to regel a bit to cover it back up.

Just a theory!

Perfect The Slalom wake!! Thats good!
So the truth comes out! No hook, flattened rocker!! Yea! Thats how I got another 3-4mph out of the ski fly boats also. some one at CC remembered!

I will be bringing my 09 because I need to ski a bit as I have a tournament the next weekend in Bridgwater Australia.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2010 at 10:54am
Sounds like a re match is in order! The Crush's hole shot is deceiving, I think because of the fuel injection. It's so smooth, it doesn't feel as quick as an older inboard, not nearly as quick as Marshall's Mustang, but it is. Both of those boats came out of the hole neck and neck when we were driving them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 13>
  Share Topic