FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

51st Masters and CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 51st Masters and CorrectCraftFan.com
    Posted: February-12-2010 at 4:05pm

Based on last year's display of the 1949 Correct Craft Dart at the 50th Masters, I have been approached by those running this year's Masters (Meloon relative contracted by Correct Craft and Callaway Gardens) to see if there is interest in larger participation by CorrectCraftFan.com at the 51st Masters.

As we all know, The Masters Waterski & Wakeboard Tournament is well known as the most prestigious watersports tournament in the world and the primary sponsor is Correct Craft(Nautique). The event began in 1959 at Callaway Gardens and is held annually during the Memorial Day weekend.

So, what is meant by 'participation' ...

Near the pavilion there is really only room for approximately 5 boats. So, I had the thought that with the new 2010 Ski Nautique 200 pulling the ski events, it might be cool to display the 'Generations of Ski Nautiques' - a representative display of the evolution of the Ski Nautique from the 1960's though today. Of course, we wouldn't be able to have one of each generation but perhaps we could have enough to make it a representative sample.

In addition, there is space to display more boats in a parking lot across the lake on the opposite side of 'the beach'.

Beyond displaying boats, there is a chance I could coordinate a group buy for tickets and/or lodging and possibly coordinate a group BBQ on the grounds during the weekend.

Although we won't be able to launch the boats on Robin Lake, I'm told there is a nearby lake which would be ideal for getting the boats on the water (Mountain Creek Lake).

So, I have the following questions for the group:

1. How many people are interested attending The 51st Masters Waterski & Wakeboard Tournament, at Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, GA - Memorial Day weekend, May 28-30, 2010 with or without your boat?

2. Can we find five nearby Ski Nautiques to put on display that would be a good representation of the 'Generations of Ski Nautiques'?

3. How much interest is there in displaying boats on the opposite side of the lake throughout the weekend?

4. How many are interested in a day on the water (Monday?) at nearby Mountain Creek Lake?

I appreciate all your feedback.

Thank you,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 4:18pm
Keith, I'm glad that all this is going through you. I'd be happy to take my 88' 2001 to be 80's generation SN. I'm less than 2hrs from Callaway Gardens and have been going to the Masters the past several years. My three girls LOVE going and look forward to it every year. I've been told that my boat was indeed a Tow-Boat for the 88' Masters so it would be a somewhat of a homecoming for it. Count me in and let me know if there is anything I can do down here in Atlanta to help you out.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 5:07pm
1.My group will probably be there again as usual.
2.No Ski Nautique for me. A barefoot and a Skier.
3.Can do.
4.Never been there, but I'm in. I probably won't have any work to get back to by then anyway.
Greg

86 BFN
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 7:12pm
I would be interested.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 9:36pm

WOW, what an honor to be able to do something like this.

And for them to ask CCF to be present at this event.

Well count me in.......

Dave
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2010 at 9:43pm
I would go and pull the 80 but will be out of town   
Hopefully pictures will be taken and shared.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
dominyhataway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dominyhataway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 5:42pm
I'm interested, I live too far away to haul my boat though.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2010 at 1:22pm
We'd be interested, but my boat isn't really a prime example.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2010 at 3:36pm
I have a 1964 Ski Nautique that was won (prize) in the 1964 Masters. It is currently in restoration but I think I can have it ready for show then. I amd intersested in participating that weekend. Let me know Keith. I also have a '71 and "72 Ski Nautique that were recently restore that would be available. I live about 2 1/2 from Callaway!!
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2010 at 5:03pm
Wow, if we could have two boats from past Masters - that would be cool!

Looking for some 90's Ski Nautique owners. Anyone out there?

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2010 at 5:14pm
Last year, my '74 SN was invited to be on display at a local Tournament.
One of the AWSA Officials walked over and pointed at the Fake/Reproduced decal, and said:    "You know, we have those at Headquarters"

Meaning: You need to be a member, to have the right to sport that decal.

Repro's have been removed.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2010 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

One of the AWSA Officials walked over and pointed at the Fake/Reproduced decal, and said:    "You know, we have those at Headquarters"

Meaning: You need to be a member, to have the right to sport that decal.

Al,
Did the offical actually state you need to be a member to have the decal on the boat? The way you stated it above sounds like a assumption on your part? I guess I'm confused because of all the years CC put them on their boats. Every CC owner wasn't a AWSA member!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2010 at 2:17am
DR CC

What decal are you talking about??
83Ski
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2010 at 8:54am
Don,
The round AWSA decal that CC put on the hulls just aft of the flag?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-20-2010 at 10:32am
You should have responded with "Great news, If I give you my address can you send me a couple"
Watarski View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Watarski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-21-2010 at 8:10pm
I am taking my wife and 2 kids (3 and 1) this year - will be all of our first times. Won't be bringing boat, but def up for any other ccf activities!
1985 Ski Nautique 2001
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2010 at 2:48am
I would love to go this year but my daughter is graduating from High School that weekend and we are having family from out of town. I have family that is only 1 hour from Callaway Gardens.

Hope to see many good pictures!
Dieseldawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dieseldawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 1:59am
I will be at the Masters on Saturday and possibly Sunday. I look forward to meeting some CCF members that I have yet to meet as well as talking to members I met at last years Masters. Keith I would love to bring my 90 SN, but it is not the best example of a 90 "at least not yet"!

Hey Morfoot, Are you still able to make those carbon fiber glove box lids? If you are, I may want to pad your pockets a little in exchange for one.

Matt
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 11:54am
Keith,

I did some digging and we're going to have to take the boats to West Point lake if your wanting to spend a day on the water. The Mountain Creek Lake is on Callaways property,only 175 acres and it's fishing lake. Unless of course they are going to let us use it for ski runs; if that's the case, then bring it on!   
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 12:25pm
Tim,
No deal worked out with Gallaway yet, so you are correct about West Point lake. Thank you!

So far interest is a little low but we'll see how it goes.

At a minimum, I'm hoping we can get the 'Generations of Ski Nautiques' display coordinated.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 5:01pm
Keith,
Which boat would you need from me?
     The 66 Skylark ?
     The 93 SN ?
   Or just bring one of 'em and enjoy the weekend?
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
slf144 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slf144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2010 at 1:00pm
Definetly would be interested in a deal with Callaway. Family would love to go. We live about 700 miles away,so too far to take boat. Only drawback is missing Memorial weekend festivities on river at home. Looking to rent a cabin at Callaway beginning on Thursday. If anyone has a boat nearby I'm sure husband and daughter would enjoy a ski ride.   
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2010 at 5:06pm
Keith,
Any new news on this? Just saw this post. I have a 95SNOB in very good shape, and I am within a couple of hours. I haven't been there since I was a kid. We usually have a big weekend planned on Lake Thurmond, but, I could possibly make it a day trip. I need to see if our local skier, Jeff Rodgers, is going. That may get the gang on board.
slf144 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slf144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 4:11pm
We are planning on going to the Masters at Callaway. I have never been there. We are looking at renting a Villa or Cottage. Does anyone have any recommendations on which one is nicer and closer to the Lake.
thanks
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 4:41pm
Also interested in an update. Let us know how the planning is going.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 11:44pm
slf144 (aka no name), I can't recommend one or the other because I have never stayed overnight as I'm only 2 hours away. I believe that you can go to the Callaway Gardens website and see a sample of all the accomodations . If you have bikes then bring em cause there are bike trails everywhere. The kids took their bikes last year and had a ball till the tornado sirens went off. Bring beach chairs and a sunbrella if you got em and lots of sunsreen and your favorite cold beverage.

If your in the market for ski equipment they'll have all sorts of vendors with so-so deals on the latest and greatest stuff. They will also have autograph sessions with the CC athletes free of charge. Most of the time you can find Andy Mapple and Chris Parrish just hanging around like most of the athletes. You can just approach them and start a convo with most of them. Pretty cool. Overtons is always there givening out free T-s, visors ,floating keychains, catalogs. Polk Audio is usually there sling shooting T's out to the crowd every once in a while. The CC tent usually has all the current models on display for you to check out etc. My 3 girls always enjoy going and look forward to going every year. Nice thing too is that there aren't to many beached whales either.

Here's the link to the map of Callway Gardens. The Masters is on the Blue waters of Robin Lake.

Map of Callway Gardens
slf144 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slf144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2010 at 4:16pm
Thanks for the info Morfoot. I did check out the Callaway website, but thought maybe someone had first hand experience. It sounds like a good time. We are driving from Pennsylvania for a 4 day weekend. My husband has been an avid skier since he was 5 and my teenage daughter, who loves to ski, is very excited to go. We love CC and have a SV211. Although we are tournament virgins. We are looking forward to a good time.
Rglover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rglover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2010 at 7:00pm
Was there ever a decision made on a group buy for tickets? I am about to book my campsite and buy the event tickets but wanted to check here first. Thanks
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2010 at 1:30pm
I'm still waiting on group sale details. I will try to get details today.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2010 at 4:03pm
Karras Klan will be there - 5 in all......... (18th year for us)

'78 Ski Tique if needed.........(I agree -Bikes are great for the kids.....)

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic