NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

51st Masters and CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2010 at 4:49pm
Keith,
My crew and me plan to be at Callaway late Thursday afternoon with the 1964 and 1972 Ski Nautique. See you then!
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
srbranum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srbranum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2010 at 1:28am
[QUOTE=Morfoot] I talked to Jen Abel today.........

I tried calling Jen 20 times this week using the number a girl gave me that was selling tickets and all I got was a busy signal. What number do you have or can you tell me if I can just show up whenever, buy my ticket and bring my boat?

Thanks,

scott
I have to keep her running 'cause I can't afford a new one
84SN2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2010 at 2:49pm
Hey Keith its Brian Kerlin, I just baught a 1984 SN 2001. I live in Columbus, GA at Ft. Benning not to far from Callaway. The boat is in very good condition and all orginal for the year, but the motor has been replaced with a 350. My wife's parents are Kim and Bill pilcher, they used to ski at sea world and are very familiar with Callaway Gardens, Kim used to work there years back. I would like to take the boat and display it, so that way I can ask a TON of questions, as this is out first boat. Thanks   Brian      bkerlin1984@yahoo.com
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2010 at 7:33pm
Guy's I'm guessing it's too late to bring your boat to the Masters to be put on display representing CCFan. Those of us bring boats have been in contact with Jen Abel via e-mail or Telephone. We have also had to commit to having the boat there Thursday night as acess to the display tent that the boats will be under will be blocked off by venders rolling in early Fri morning. I believe you can still get tickets at the gate and by also calling the Masters Tournament website. I want to say that they will offer you a discount if you tell them you a member here but don't quote me on that.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
srbranum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srbranum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2010 at 10:24pm
Well, I guess this answers a lot of questions for me. Now I don't have to be stressed out about getting my boat project finished this week. I thought all we had to do is show up with our boat. I tried calling Jen about twenty times last week and got a busy signal.

So am I correct in saying if we don't have a reservation and tickets, we cannot bring our boats?

Oh well, I guess the golf course will get the money I was going to spend in Georgia.
I have to keep her running 'cause I can't afford a new one
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2010 at 10:57pm
Steve, Well I guess you could bring your boat and come out meet and hang out with other fans. The tournament is going on and that is always fun to watch. If you bring the boat it will just have to hang out in the parking lot with the rest of the vehicles.

I believe you can still get tickets at the gate. It may just cost you a few more $.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2010 at 11:06pm
Ok guys, This was an invitation opened up to CCFan a couple of months ago. Keith posted about what this entailed and we responded. Then Keith in turn with Correct Craft,I guess picked the boats to represent the different 'Generations'.
He then in turn contacted us to see if we were on board. And the rest is history. So he doesn't know if this will be an annual thing with The Masters or not, but this is an honor for those that got picked.
So no this is not a CCFan event for a so called 'Reunion', it was an invitation only event for these 5 boats.

So not to be harsh or sound indifferent but that's where this event stands. These 5 CCFan boats will be displayed on the grounds under a tent provided for them.
The beginning of this thread was to draw interest in just if people wanted to come to the Masters then meet up on a lake nearby just as a little get together. But then Correct Craft contacted Keith about an idea of getting some boats together to represent the 'Generations' of the CC Boats and how they changed through the years.

So don't be discouraged if you can't get through the gate with a boat, because this is not a CCFan Event per-say.

Thanks

Marty Mabe
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2010 at 1:37am
Marty is right on..

The Masters is a very structured event. The placement of these boats has been coordinated and are really in quite a prominent display area. Robin Lake is very controlled and very small. There really is no place for many more...

That being said, It is a fantastic event! Great for young families to enjoy on the beach, around the lake or on bikes. Hard core ski bums can park in the pavilion and have front row seats for terrific skiing....

Come on if you can, don't worry about the boats.... but definitely bring sunscreen........
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2010 at 6:17pm
Thanks for responding Tim and Marty.

As was said, this is NOT A CCF REUNION but the 51st Masters where there is an invitation only boat display featuring four selected CCF Ski Nautiques (plus corporate's '61 Ski Nautique and the new 2010/11 Ski Nautique 200) representing six decades of Ski Nautiques.

By all means please attending the 51st Masters and connect with fellow CCF members - there will be plenty of you there! However, there is very limited room for boats and all boat displays have already been coordinated.

The selected boats for display will be:

1961 - Art Cozier
1972 - Scott Zuelzke
1988 - Tim Morfoot
1993 - Marty Mabe
2009 - CorrectCraftFan.com Edition 196 - brought by Steve Karras

... and the 2010 Ski Nautique represents decade number six!

As Marty indicated, there may be another opportunity to display CCF boats at a future Masters. Last year there was The Dart; this year four Ski Nautiques from CCF; next year, who knows??

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2010 at 8:25pm
No TSC1 represented? Sad! I guess upon re-reading it's decades, not hulls.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2010 at 10:00pm
Ok Fellas -

Taking off tonight.   Email or get in touch w/ Reid or Keith (they have my #) if anyone needs anything or to meet up down there........

Steve
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2010 at 10:51pm

Steve drive safe with the cargo.....

Just to let everyone know, I will not be able to make it..
Due to some timing of events down here.

But I have been in contact with the crew that is going and wishing them well on thier travels. But most of all I will miss seeing the CCFans.

So if anybody is going please tell them all Dave said: "Hey" !!

But the good thing is that I will have my camera man on the site to take all great photo's to share.

Tim we thank you for that... Get a shot with Marty grinning from ear to ear..   

Dave

ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2010 at 2:29am
My brother Drew and I will be at Callaway about 6:30 tomorrow evening with the boats. What time are the rest of you planning to be there with you boats? I look forward to meeting each of you.
Keith. Will you be at Callaway Thursday evening?
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2010 at 3:45am
Brent,Bradyn, and I are planning on leaving around 8 AM Thursday morning. 3 or 4 ish pm arrival time. Be SAFE everyone and see ya there!
And the surprise is I got us Nametags made.

66 Skylark
93 SN
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2010 at 11:59am
Marty does it again !!!! does the guy ever stop?

I'm planning on leaving around 4-4:30 so I should be there around 6:30 or so too. You guy's be careful out there as the GA DOT has already posted warning signs of traffic nightmares on Thursday. See you guy's in a while.

I'll be sure to post as to what's going on down there either this thread or a new one. Pictures WILL be taken I can assure you of that!

Foot
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2010 at 3:25pm
I know everyone knows this bit I want to let you know that the speed traps are already out South of Atlanta on I 85(Union City, Fairburn, Newnan & Hogansville) and down I 185. Be careful!!!!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2010 at 2:04am
Just a quick update on what's going on. All the ccfan boats are quietly tucked away side by side according to year under a big tent right on the main lawn. I wasn't here 10 mins before we started playing boat shuffle and had the truck hooked up to a new 200. I was very tempted to just "Borrow" it for a while but figured I wouldn't get too far. I saw Andy Mapple cruising round on a bike, Scott Byerly hanging round the hotel lounge and Marty said he has already bumped into Mr. Ralph. It's already sizing up to be a great weekend!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2010 at 4:54am
PICTURES PLEASE!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2010 at 2:45pm
Hey Guys,
Wish I could be there with you. Spoke to Marty this morning, Tim and Steve yesterday afternoon. Sounds like everything is going great!

Spoke to Jen Abel this morning and she is thrilled with the boat display. She is very impressed, not only with the boats but the people there as well. She said everyone is an absolute pleasure.

Great job guys representing CCF!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2010 at 5:35pm
I'm enjoying the live webcast over here... Ain't internet great!!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2010 at 7:32pm
Watch the Masters LIVE here.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
pmccook1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmccook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2010 at 1:19am
Can't wait to get there Sat afternoon.   I'll have my flip video with me so I'll get some shots of the boats at the tent.   

pmccook1

Current boat:1993 Ski Nautique " Purple "
Have owned : 76' ski nautique, 93' Sport Nautique, 83 Stars and stripes, 47' Chris Craft Continental
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2010 at 10:05am
The car is packed and we are headed to Robin Lake!!!!!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2010 at 6:47pm
Andy Mapple just signed the boat!! I'm on cloud nine.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2010 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Andy Mapple just signed the boat!! I'm on cloud nine.

Kim, I hope you got a pic of that smile! <--after he changed his shorts!

Tim, did it turn out to be the boat he rode on in '88?

Sounds like yall are having a blast and making quite the showing. Please say hello for us and we'll look forward to the pics. I bet yall have those boats as clean and shiny as they've ever been. It's probably good for me that I'm not there to put a finger print on one of them!
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2010 at 1:02am
Here are a few pictures set from Tim's, Marty's and Steve's cell phones:

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2010 at 1:41pm
Hi ya all and Keith. I had a family emergency and had to leave around 8pm Saturday nite. Arrived home safely at 3 am Sunday morning.
Had a great time down there ,as did Bradyn swimming and drinking the whole lake- And I want to give a special shout-out to Kim Morfoot -for watching Bradyn for me for a couple of hours, man he wore this old man out this weekend--- Tim ya'll ready for a boy now!?
Again Thank-you so very much for that break Kim .
It truly was awesome and a great time was had by all.Just a few passing showers but no major rain during the event itself.What a beautiful place and hope we can continue doing something with the Masters.
Again Thanks to Keith for this opportunity,and hope he gets great response back from the Masters.

CCFan Logo on TV Screen but it's rolling up so I missed it!!!

That's all I got with my phone guys.My camera man was the one who was sick.

Keith can you tack on the end of the thread   'PICS' so people will know.
Thanks,
Marty
66 Skylark
93 SN
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2010 at 3:39pm
Great pics Marty!! It was good to meet you yesterday, glad you made it home safe and hope all is well!!!!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2010 at 4:40pm
I meant to tell you Jeff-cphase--I lived at The Lakeside Apartments there on 34-I think- from Dec 2003-Aug 2004.
I installed the 1st digital cable for Newnan Utilities.
66 Skylark
93 SN
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2010 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

I meant to tell you Jeff-cphase--I lived at The Lakeside Apartments there on 34-I think- from Dec 2003-Aug 2004.
I installed the 1st digital cable for Newnan Utilities.

Yes thats correct, behind the Texaco. I had Newnan U till about a month ago, great service for a long time! I switched to U-verse because I am an engineer for AT&T on the U-verse platform. Small world isn't it? Wish I had known you then.
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic