NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

51st Masters and CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2010 at 6:34pm

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
pmccook1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmccook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2010 at 8:58pm
Hey Marty, the one boat I came to see and you'd took off.   Just a empty space when I got there.   The guys told me you had to make a emergency run.

Me and morfoot were standing there when Freddy Krueger made the 230' jump,   We were both like holly smokes that dudes sailing.

I've got some quick clips with the flip I'll post up a link to youtube later.

pmccook1

Current boat:1993 Ski Nautique " Purple "
Have owned : 76' ski nautique, 93' Sport Nautique, 83 Stars and stripes, 47' Chris Craft Continental
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2010 at 10:47pm
Sorry, thought you'd make a Saturday trip. Had to go though, Son-in-law has to have an upper GI done Tuesday morning- got the gastricitis,gerd, whatever real bad. Sorry, guess you'll have to make a road trip up to the house 1 weekend, and you're welcome to stay!
66 Skylark
93 SN
pmccook1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmccook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2010 at 11:41pm
Yea, we got to the Rv park saturday but my little girl hit the pool and wouldn't get out.
pmccook1

Have owned : 76' ski nautique, 93' Sport Nautique, 83 Stars and stripes, 47' Chris Craft Continental
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2010 at 11:42pm
Thanks for the pics Marty. Hope all works out good for the son-in-law.

So you used to be a cable guy? And we have an AT&T eng on here too. Lots of old phone and cable guys love these old boats.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
pmccook1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmccook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2010 at 11:45pm
Heres some video of the masters.   link to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTGVV_BwIZM

You'll have to watch it full screen to see much detail. the flip video doesn't do to great long distance.   but you can see at the very end of the video it comes in nice and clear when your close up.
I realized looking back at the video I didn't get the orange boat in there. That thing was super clean , I want one.
pmccook1

pmccook1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmccook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2010 at 11:48pm
YouTube 51st Masters Video:

pmccook1

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2010 at 12:17pm

Greg

86 BFN
pmccook1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmccook1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2010 at 3:25am
Damn Skicat,   what kinda lens and camera where you using ?   I can see the snot on that kids nose across the lake. And thats a long way.
Great shots.
pmccook1

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2010 at 12:14pm
Who's 2009 in the water?    Jody's?

Who's '60's SN under the tent?

ScottZ,   Love your '72!   Nice!

Wish I could have been there.
AT
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2010 at 12:57pm
Great shots! (I love seeing the logo up on the big screen.) Thanks for sharing. Keep them coming...

Hats off to all the members who made the effort to get their boats down there for the display.

Kyle
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2010 at 1:17pm
That's the 'Jump Boat'

64 SN-- Scott's ??
66 Skylark
93 SN
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2010 at 1:21pm
DrCC,
I brought the 1964 as well. My father and I finished putting it back together last Thursday at lunch time....about 2 hours before we left for Callaway.......down to the wire!! I will post some of my pictures soon.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2010 at 2:47pm
Okay guys I'm back from a long weekend at Callaway and have finally able to sit down at the computer to recap the weekend.
I got a late start Thursday after and of course after getting the boat cleaned up Wednesday I got half way there it started to pour down rain ( wasn't even supposed to.) Got to Callaway w/o incident ( ie truck probs) and pulled up to the CCFan tent. The 61 and a 200 where in the way so we had to do some rearranging. I had the 200 hooked up to the truck at one point so it was very tempting to just drive off. Got them all tucked away Thursday night ready for Fri.

Fri came, with the Jr. Masters underway and a few folks stopping by to see the display. Mr Raplh came by for a visit, signed Marty's glove box lid, then CLIMBED into the 64 AND the 72 and autographed both. As always he had a handshake with stories to follow and spent about a hour with us then off he went.

Kim and the girls showed up later and we spent the day watching tohe competion and taking some pictures.

Saturday was more of the same with the beach filled with folks and more CCfans stopping by. I saw some of the new shirts on display as well as few coozies in use along with some hats. CCfans who brought boats were asked to attend a meeting regarding future Masters tournaments. We made a few comments and asked some questions. Due to scheduling conflicts the Masters will most likely, always be on Memorial Day weekend. They were open to having a possible event at night or maybe even a concert Fri or Sat night. They were also open to have a boat owners reunion of sorts and a contest of sorts like the NOA used to have at Sea World. They were very thankful for input and are looking for ways to improve the tournament.

Sun was great as I attended a Sunday services in which Christy Overton Johnston gave opening remarks then she and pro boarder Shaun Murray (playing guitar) led all in a few songs. They both are musically talented too. Mr. Ralph gave a few words then a Jr. Competetor gave his testamony. Christy then gave a great sermon entitled " Enjoy the Ride". Great stuff.
Tournament began with the parade of athletes with the 61 leading the way (w/o any mechanical difficulties) and off we went. More CCFans showed up as well as some folks out there who have older CC's or even looking at one. Lot's of questions so we steered them here so welcome if you're reading. The beaches were full once again and everyone really got stoked when Bob LaPoint vs. Andy Mapple started. Bob had NEVER skied 6 bouy's at 38' off in his day but managed to do it some 20 years after retiring behind a SN200. 4 people paid $300 a piece to ride in the boat while they skied to raise $ for the injured ski jumper who is now paralized. How cool was that?
The tournament ended and we all quickly hooked em' up and pulled them out just as fast as we could and for me the day ended as it did when I got there. 30 miles out of Callaway it rained..............the whole way home.

Here is only a handful of pictures that I took and what you guy's have been waiting for..............Enjoy!!

Foot's new SN 200 hooked up and ready to go!

Mr. Ralph at it again on the 64'

Mary Mabe, Mr. Ralph and the 93' "Purple Rain"

Masters Tournament Director Jen Abel by the "Orange Crush"

CCFan on the beach!

Will Asher @ 38' off

Chris Parrish

ANDY SIGNS THE 88'!   

Art in the 61' doing a test run Sat night.

SN 200 doing a fly by Sun morning.

"Star's On The Water"

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2010 at 3:17pm
More Pictures!!!!!!

Your 51st Masters Trick Champion Whitney McClintock.

Legend Bob LaPoint

Andy Mapple at 39.5 off the Man is amazing!!!

On the Big Screen!!!

CCFan Boat's under the Big Top!

Check out Art's NEW hat!

51st Masters Wakeboarding Champion.....Phil Soven

Danny Harf looses the handle and out of the running..

Jody Seal in a new 200.

Womens Ski Jumping

Mens Ski Jumping (viewed from the beach)

93 year old Mr. Ralph Meloon working the crowd in the HOT Georgia sun.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2010 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Who's 2009 in the water?    Jody's?

AT

Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

That's the 'Jump Boat'

Jump boats were new boats. If you are talking about the one in my picture, that is one of the pickup boats. Not sure who's they are, maybe Calloway boats?
Greg

86 BFN
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2010 at 7:25pm
Awesome pics Tim! Thanks, I wish I could have gone. Do you think CCF will be there next year?
...those who have fallen and those who will.
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2010 at 10:40pm
Met some great people this weekend!! Tim, Marty, Eric and everyone else looking forward to seeing all of you again. Had a great time at the Masters also!!!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2010 at 12:28am
A few vids from my little crappy Purple LG Phone.
I liked the POLK Audio Go-Kart!!

1966skylark1
66 Skylark
93 SN
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2010 at 1:15am

Man oh Man, what's that on the BIG SCREEN !!!!

Just wanted to say, WOW to all the people involved...

Very nice pics indeed.

Tim, who signed your boat.....    Very nice
Marty, I think you were smiling with Mr.Ralph..

The Clarkbar showed up..

CCFans only gets bigger and better in time..

Dave

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2010 at 1:41am
Thanks guys...awesome pictures!

Good post Tim...I think you about covered it!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2010 at 2:22pm
I want to publicly thank Marty, Scott, Steve and Tim for all their efforts over the Memorial Day weekend at the 51st Masters. Each of them put in a tremendous amount of work getting their boats into showroom condition and without complaint, each of them arrived a day early to get the boats in position prior to the Friday start.

From what I have heard from event organizer Jen Abel, all of you did and outstanding job of representing CCF! Jen told me that everyone was such a pleasure to work with and that the boat display was simply fantastic. She couldn't have been happier with how it turned out.

Not only did these efforts expose many new people to CorrectCraftFan.com but also went a long way towards building better relations with corporate.

Here is an email I recently received from Bill Yeargin:

Keith,
Thanks for having CCFAN participate this past weekend with the Masters. The CCFAN boats definitely made the exhibits more interesting and everyone enjoyed seeing them.

All the best!
Bill

Thanks again guys!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2010 at 2:51pm
And a BIG THANK-YOU to you,Keith, for masterminding this website. Having the fore-thought of a site that CC Owners can get the info and experience to keep their boats in tip top shape, since the so called demise of CC.
Again, this site is like FAMILY to me, and I hope I can continue to help other CCFan members out and along with their projects.

Another BIG Thanks to Tim,Steve,Scott, Brent,Bradyn, and Jen for their hard work there and hope this will turn into something better and bigger with the Masters.

MARTY MABE
66 Skylark
93 SN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic