NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2011 dates?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 9>
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 2:40am
Another 600 was hit Tuesday and a little 200 today.Could have got in on the 6 but it was again an all nighter
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 2:43am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

an all nighter

A favorite of mine...on a couple of different levels.

Can't believe you didn't stay and help 'em out. Better now than in Jan or Feb. Plus when they are giving money away it is your duty to help them.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 2:47am
Taking too long to recover.I can't figure whats happening,nothing hit all summer,now it's every 3-4 days
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 2:50am
Gotta love those contractors that are marking the cable!

Plus; I have not cracked that bottle of Beam that you sent home with me last year....saving it to share with ya!

After a visit here...the River...then continue South to see your Dad.

Got it all planned for ya!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 3:11am
Thats what I'm thinking and thinking about bringing the boat too.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 3:13am
Sounds like a plan to me.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 11:35am
Gary

Just get a Barefoot suit and look important
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2010 at 10:38pm

Did I hear someone say Keith is coming to Fla.
Boat Nurse View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boat Nurse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2010 at 11:22am
Time to move this back to the top of your gotta do list.......

Saint John's River Run

March 24/25/26 2011
The Boat Nurse
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2010 at 1:02pm
Wow! I will be back from Moomba by then and even had the jetlag worn off! Looks like Mrs. Jody will be available also.
Cool!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boat Nurse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2010 at 2:03pm
Jody, sounds like the same song and dance we have heard for the last two years. I hope ya'll do come this year, was a lot of fun .
Mt. Dora will be a "Must Do" but all else is do what feels good...We should arrive Thursday AM for the boat show, and be back at Parramores by that evening.
On a side note, Is there interests in adding a "swap meet" to the agenda this year ?That would give us time to post the Pro's and Con's . Any more input?????
The Boat Nurse
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2010 at 2:24pm
Planning on coming again, but was hoping someone in OK,TX,LA wuld like to go with me and help with the driving /towing.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2010 at 12:13pm
Okay - I am looking forward to my first trip to "The River"!   Tim sold me on it when we met several weeks ago (I need to get your prop back to you Tim!).   The boat show sounds great as does the "Monkey Run" - too funny.

I am definitely making this trip.   My wife and kids will be staying at home so I am bringing a buddy of mine - he will leave with the passion for owning a Correct Craft of his own!!!

Any details on exact locations of where everyone typically stays so I can go ahead and make reservations?

Since my history around Correct Crafts dates back to the mid 70's, I am looking forward to meeting Art C., Woody (spoke with him many times back in the day getting advice on our first CC), and the Melloons!

Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
2008 Ski Nautique 206 w/Factory Tower, EX343 SOLD
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

[URL=http://s328.photobucket.com
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2010 at 12:15pm
Okay - I am looking forward to my first trip to "The River"!   Tim sold me on it when we met several weeks ago (I need to get your prop back to you Tim!).   The boat show sounds great as does the "Monkey Run" - too funny.

I am definitely making this trip.   My wife and kids will be staying at home so I am bringing a buddy of mine - he will leave with the passion for owning a Correct Craft of his own!!!

Any details on exact locations of where everyone typically stays so I can go ahead and make reservations?

Since my history around Correct Crafts dates back to the mid 70's, I am looking forward to meeting Art C., Woody (spoke with him many times back in the day getting advice on our first CC), and the Melloons!

Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boat Nurse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2010 at 12:47pm
The "command center" is located at Parramores Fish Camp...Call Lori and make those reservations soon.
We hope to have a repeat of last years fun and sun along with a bunch of old guys w/boats.There was a mix of old and new there last year, hope to have a mixture of wood and plastic.
Food and beverages for Saturday nite will be BYO, grills will be provided, sharing is mandatory.
As time gets nearer we will warn all of the coming events.......
The Boat Nurse
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2010 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Planning on coming again, but was hoping someone in OK,TX,LA wuld like to go with me and help with the driving /towing.

Ryan, when are you leaving? If my schedule stays clear I was thinking about going. I can find cheap tickets to Dallas and have a buddy who splits his time between dallas and houston. Would be a good excuse to visit my friends in Dallas for a day.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2010 at 2:20pm
For you new Fans that are planning on attending I can personally guarantee you that you will NOT be disappointed. I've spoken to many of the regular attendees and ALL of them are already fired up and ready for this event NOW! I would suggest that you plan on getting there THURSDAY evening if at all possible so that you have the necessary time it takes to do the "Monkey Run" on Friday and still get plenty of River Run/Lake George time. We got a late start last year as folks were lazy getting up and kinda putzed around. The launch point is about 45 min from Parramore's so that kinda got us a bit behind too. I would suggest that those of you wanting to do the MR on Friday, look into staying in Ocala Thursday night as the ramp is allot closer to town. You might catch a break on a hotel there as Parramores is about $100 a night for a cabin depending on the size. Might be a little easier on the wallet for some as we all know, times are hard.

Many of the newbies last year caught the bug and caught it bad and have attended several other gatherings because of the whole CCFan experience.Mark it on your calendar and plan to be there. This one you don't want to miss and if you don't believe me ask the newbies from last year.

**Post Edit**...... Of course staying up til 2 am Thursday night drinking beer and eating wings with Joe, Mojo, Reid and Paul didn't help a whole lot either and the fact that Paul went for a swim looking for Gators after midnight kept us in stitches for a while too.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2010 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

We got a late start last year as folks were lazy getting up and kinda putzed around.

**Post Edit**...... Of course staying up til 2 am Thursday night drinking beer and eating wings with Joe, Mojo, Reid and Paul didn't help a whole lot either and the fact that Paul went for a swim looking for Gators after midnight kept us in stitches for a while too.

Hey mister,I didn't see your hand empty when the beers were being served haha Fun day for sure.. We'll it would have been better if the monkey's would have slung some dung on Billy when we was up close hahaha..

Word of advise here people.. The monkey run is a pretty cool thing to experience, but it is a long day, so you have to get going early !!! Please note, there is no place to get off the boat period, so make provisions, or less provisions/libations, to allow you to make it through the day on the boat.. I also suggest consolidating boats, so you have less to launch and deal with in the narrow passes... I believe we did that to some extent last year but it still seemed we took hours to launch and retrieve boats...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2010 at 4:22pm
Tim - where is the launch point near Ocala? I am looking at the map and working on the details of my trip down from Atlanta.   I am considering driving down to Mt. Dora Wednesday evening and staying somewhere there so I can hit the boat show all day on Thursday.   Then head up to Ocala and get a room there so I can meet up and do the Monkey Run on Friday - then head over to Parramore's for Friday and Saturday night.

Does that sound like the right logistics if I want to work everything in?
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4

Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2010 at 4:31pm
By all means one of you veterans correct me if I have the days messed up here - I prefer to be where everyone else is hanging out or nearby.
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2010 at 4:37pm
I dunno the 45 min drive doesnt really justify the extra check in check out and not being at party central on the night before to me. There certainly was some futzing about in terms of who was gonna leave thier boats behind and ride along... some understandable as not everyone knew everyone real well and heck you drove your boat 1000 miles and you want to ride in it etc.. We might have even had a boat launch and experience mechanical issues IIRC.. As for pulling the boats out.. well that was probably more slowed down by people running/stumbling for the bathrooms instead of running for the trailers..

It is all a good time. I am hoping to make a week long vacation out of it yet again and that others have the opportunity to take thier families and do the same.. that is easier to do if all the activities stay loaded towards one side of the weekend... ie thursday through sunday morning or sat afternoon through monday ..   Are we saying here that is basically a week before target or a week after target?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
dmiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2010 at 7:14pm
Thinkin' bout it.....

Doug
bud@cmenow.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bud@cmenow.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2010 at 9:02pm
The boat show is no longer in Mt. Dora. It is in Tavares, which is nearby. Thursday is the day most exhibitors are coming in, so not a good day to go. A lot of boats are out on Friday for show activities. Saturday(March 26) is the best day. Sunday, people start pulling out early, because of travel. There is a good public ramp between Tavares and Leesburg 441, just past the Dora Canal. Hope this info helps.

Bud Sellers
bud sellers
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2010 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by bud@cmenow.com bud@cmenow.com wrote:

The boat show is no longer in Mt. Dora. Bud Sellers

Bud,
Although true, everyone still calls it the Mt. Dora boat show!! I don't think that will ever go away. BTW, it's still on Lake Dora!

Did you ever join the ACBS and the Sunnyland chapter?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2010 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Ryan, when are you leaving? If my schedule stays clear I was thinking about going. I can find cheap tickets to Dallas and have a buddy who splits his time between dallas and houston. Would be a good excuse to visit my friends in Dallas for a day.

Likely somtime late Tuesday or more likely early Wednesday, if your thinking about it consider Love Field, it's Southwest's main hub or American which is Dallas.

...those who have fallen and those who will.
bud@cmenow.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bud@cmenow.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2010 at 8:54pm
I have been a member of ACBS Sunnyland chapter for years. I started attending the show in 1981 when it was in Sanford, then went to Mt. Dora and now is in Tavares, Fl.According to the Sunnnyland chapter, the show is designated as Sunnyland Antique and Classic Boat Festival on Lake Dora, Tavares,Fl. I thought it might help people know it is actually in Tavares, Fl.Call it what you like.
bud sellers
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2010 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by bud@cmenow.com bud@cmenow.com wrote:

I have been a member of ACBS Sunnyland chapter for years.

Bud,
I see your listing in the directory. Keep up the good work down there.

To help anyone with any questions they may have about the Sunnyland chapter or the show, here's a link

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2010 at 10:40pm
Pete , March should be about the "correct time" for you and the wife to bug out of the North and make a trip South.
Bud,I have refered to it here as Mt. Dora Boat Show. My mistake, but thought the old name was more "correct"....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2010 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Bud,I have refered to it here as Mt. Dora Boat Show. My mistake

Billy,
No apology is needed. I'd have to say the only ones who call the show by it's proper name are the Sunnyland chapter members! Everyone else still calls it the Mt. Dora show!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2010 at 2:30am

Talking with alot of people at the plant and making plans as we
speak. Looks like we will have some new and old faces showing up
this year. With boats of course !!
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 9>
  Share Topic