NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2011 dates?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 9>
Author
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2010 at 10:00am
Parramores looks like a big place any suggestions what section to camp in? Just to be clear its the weekend of March 25 right?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2010 at 10:50am
Mike, Where have you guys been? Haven't seen you much since Lake Norman. Parramores tent camping is sparse at that and they really don't have tent sites per say as you accustomed to. Most of the tent sites are in the center of the campground and pretty close to the bath house.

Parramores isn't all that big but more congested as they really pack the rv's in there. It's a snow bird community and pretty quiet there at night. Our group actually kinda livens it up a little bit. Correct Crafts everywhere on land and in the water. Hopefull they worked on the ramp a bit as it's got one heck of a drop off. Of course they water level has been down the last two years so maybe we'll get lucky next year. Hope that helps.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2010 at 1:58am
A lot has happened since Lake Norman. We found and bought a new house in Flowery Branch GA. Lake Lanier. Although its not on the water like Reid's its only 1 lot off the water and 1/10 of a mile from the ramp. We are still skiing as of last Thurs water temp 65 degrees still OK with wetsuits. Still hoping to get 1-2 more days in this year. We are looking forward to seeing all in FL.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2010 at 10:40pm
Flowery Branch is a very nice area.

Welcome to the south.

Donald
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2010 at 10:57pm
Donald, you and your family still planning on doing SJRR?
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-15-2010 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

Donald, you and your family still planning on doing SJRR?

Steve, it looks like they are not going to go to the SJRR. However, I will be at the SJRR and I will bring my boat.

My inlaws are into camping in a big way. They are actually trying to sell their home to go on the road full time. They purchased a new fifth wheel last week. They are headed to Ocala State Park in January. The kids will have some time off for some holiday or teachers work day deal. I will be taking the family to see the inlaws in Ocala during January. The wife is concerned about pulling the kids our of school for the SJRR in late March. My wife told me this weekend that the inlaws want to take us to a place that you rent a pontoon and you go up a river and see Manatee and Monkeys.

My wife did realize this was the same place I was wanting to take them in March (SJRR). This could change, but it looks like I am headed to SJRR without them. I am going to make a reservation soon on a cabin. We can spoon together if your family does not go to the event. Ask Tim Moorfoot, I am a great spooner. We shared a place last year.

Donald
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2010 at 9:29am
Donald, I may be up for the cabin sharing, but will decline the spooning offer. No hard feelings. I'm not sure what my family is going to want to do with this event. I would like for them to go, but am unsure whether or not they will have a good time.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2010 at 12:18pm
Steve,

Do not knock spooning until you have tried it. Tim was a little scared at first.

The family would have fun. They would be about 1.5 hours from the Disney Stuff if you really want to lay out some cash.

I had a blast last year.

Donald
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2010 at 4:40pm
Donald,
I don't want to give Mickey my money, at least not that weekend. Disney's a whole trip in itself so if the family goes, they will be with me at the CCFan thing.
Sorry for the threadjack.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2010 at 12:17pm
Okay Guy's and Gal's I'm bumping this one back up cause it's the Day after Christmas and time start thinking about WARM thoughts and spring time gatherings. March will be here before you know and you don't want to be left out in the cold. Use your Christmas Cash and start planning and making reservations NOW!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2010 at 2:26pm
Thats a great Idea Tim. Lots of cheap tickets out there these days if you look in the right places.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2010 at 5:36pm
Can a Mustang be considered as carry on,what is the cutoff Tim?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2010 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Can a Mustang be considered as carry on,what is the cutoff Tim?

Yes, it is but has to be on a Military C130 Transport. Can wait for the River Run.

Donald
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2010 at 9:02pm
Tim - any suggestions on where to stay?   I may have 1 or 2 buddies coming with me so I might even be interested in a house on the water if there is anything like this available. Any thoughts?
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
2008 Ski Nautique 206 w/Factory Tower, EX343 SOLD
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

[URL=http://s328.photobucket.com
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2010 at 9:46pm
Adding myself to the loop on this one.

My folks will be staying in Naples for all of March. Is St. John's near Ormand Beach?

Looks like it might be the other side of the state, but if I could make a day or two of the festivities, it sounds like a fun time.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2010 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Salty Salty wrote:

Tim - any suggestions on where to stay?   I may have 1 or 2 buddies coming with me so I might even be interested in a house on the water if there is anything like this available. Any thoughts?

Salty,

Reid P. rents a house nearby each year. He may be able to help you out. Call Race City Marine in Mooresville, NC to get his number. He has another business that he is at during the day. Paramores does have cabins. Actually they are mobile homes with log siding. This is where most will stay. It is called Paramore's Fantastic Fish Camp. They offer day slips for your boat. You can leave it in the water all weekend if you want to.

I hope this helps,

Donald
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2010 at 11:07pm
Salty, glad you are showing an intrest in our little "throw down". We would love to meet and greet another CCFan.
There should still be cabins available , call Lori. Late March is a slow time for them.......
Side note Donald, I think Reid is going to stay at Parramores this year, to be closer to the "action" on Sat. nite.There should be plenty to satify everyones likes.
Monkey Run is still on for Friday AM, for those that wanna.
Mt. Dora Boat show all week end,300 plus antique boats on display and in the water.
New this year will be a River Run of about thirty miles thru Lake George to a small town for lunch.This will add to SJRR thrill factor.
More details will be posted here as the time nears....
As in years past all money raised at SJRR is donated back to the site.
If we can beg , plead and donate enough stuff, we will have a raffle on Saturday nite. If you wanna help the site and get rid of some of those gifts you will never use, donate to the cause CCFAN is a good one............More on SJRR later

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2010 at 11:35pm
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2010 at 12:08am
Thanks Gary for the link.......
Alligator Heaven will be command central this year. It has a large deck and plenty of room for sign in.The meet and greet will start there and continue all week end.........
we also have acess to the rec room all week end, we have quite a bit of room there to display a few boats.There were plenty of slips but they went fast last year@5.00 day......
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2010 at 11:47am
Gary, If you can fit the Mustang in overhead bin then by all means bring her baby!

Dave, kinda like Donald and Dr. have said...most stay at Parramore's as that is where all the non river action is. They have "cabins" on the waters edge which makes it a shorter walk to the covered boat parking but most cabins are within a 5 min walk to anything. Most will accomodate 4-6 Fans and some will sleep more but if you're like me. I'll sleep when I'm dead so no worries there. So book you a cabin and as Donald would say "Spoon Up if you have too"

The rec room is where we have the community cookout, and where Mr.Ralph gave us all a history lesson. It was cold last Feb so we fired up a bonfire, passed around a mason jar or two and just had and grand ol CCFan time rekindling old friendships and making a bunch of new ones.

A second CCFan SJRR soundtrack is in production as we speak so for a small donation to the site on site will get you one. Those who were lucky enough to get one last have probably worn it out . Well at least two have that I know.

If Parramores fills up with CCFans we might be able to spill over into a campground next door. It too is on the river and just up stream of Parramores. There isn't a website for it but its called. South Moon Fishing Camp.

Just google it and you'll come up with a address and phone #. I've only been by the place on the river and it appears to be a decent place. It is a fish camp mind you so it's nothing fancy and the "cabin's" are white center block but you'd only be there to catch a few weeks anyway.

Glad to here that some new Fans are gonna make the trip this year. You won't regret it and excitment is starting to build. We're working on a few surprises but will reveal them as they develop.

STAY TUNED!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2010 at 12:16am
where do I get one of these "SJRR soundtracks"? Never heard of these being offered before.

"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2010 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

where do I get one of these "SJRR soundtracks"? Never heard of these being offered before.

John,

Tim made them last year and I believe that he forgot to give them out until the very end of the event. Many had already gone home. However, I did get one.

Donald
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2010 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

I was gonna say; Only the cool guys got one so if you didn't get one then.......

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2010 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

I was gonna say; Only the cool guys got one so if you didn't get one then.......

Don't let him kid you John,more likely he ran out more cool guys showed up than he thought
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2010 at 1:10am
I will be booking my cabin first thing in the am. Preferably near Aligator Heaven!!

Looking forward to meeting all these great people here on CCF!!!
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4
1978 Southwind 18 w/GM305, upgraded 4 barrel intake & carb, all original - vinyl & carpet, etc.

Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2010 at 1:16pm
I am booked in the "Eagles Nest" right next door to Aligator Haven.

Looking forward to a great time in Florida!
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4

Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2010 at 3:34pm
Looks like a blast! I am going to try to get the time off to make it. Should know by next week. Any excuse to go to migrate to warmer weather is good enough, but it looks like this event is a do not miss affair! I cant wait to meet more of the fanily!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2010 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Gary, If you can fit the Mustang in overhead bin then by all means bring her baby!

Good news Tim,talked to Delta today,they said bring it on.Seems that they have a guy in Atlanta who can fix the overhead or even buff out the boat if need be
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Salty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2010 at 12:09am
Too funny!!
Salty

2018 GS22 with Z4

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2010 at 2:54am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Good news Tim, talked to Delta today,they said bring it on. Seems that they have a guy in Atlanta who can fix the overhead or even buff out the boat if need be

Touche' Gary!   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 9>
  Share Topic