NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2011 dates?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 9>
Author
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2011 at 2:20am
With that attitude we will leave you on the dock, most of us do not go for the finger in the butt trick, but if thats your game, go for it.
Now if you want to bring your ball and play in our pool, be as nice to them as they are to you, then by all means show up.
This is a family event, complete with wives, kids and maybe a few grand ma's. This is not a Hell Raisin' get drunk and fight, full blast the stereo at midnight event.
If that sounds like the type of event you would like to attend , come on down we would love to have ya.........Boat dr
charger496 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charger496 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2011 at 1:25pm
Oh, damn. I woke up this morning and realized how whiney that post sounded. I guess thats what happens when ya post a message sober... What I meant to say was, "I bet my boat is faster than yours in the multi-tube holeshot competition!"
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2011 at 5:41pm
The Hunters are confirmed we will be there sometime Thurs 24th. Maybe we can hook up with some of the other GA boys for the trip down. First time any of my boats ever seen FL waters. This will be the earliest start ever. See YALL there.   
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2011 at 8:55pm
Charger,No problem on the post,So,why don't you just come on down and enjoy a weekend of boating with your fellow CCFans, but please leave the tube at home. Critter has the only pass for a tube. All else must foot or ski, shall we reserve a Footin Pass for you?????
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2011 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

First time any of my boats ever seen FL waters.

Mike,your Correct Crafts were built somewhere else?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2011 at 9:32pm
Dave, just thought of a super idea! I'll leave Wednesday morning, come to your house--GO TO HOOTERS    Stay the night, then get up Thursday morning to TOUR the CC Factory, have the Skylark so The Employees can see it, take pics, maybe get a news crew out there showing the GREAT workmanship of a CC and how they last, then head up to Parramores!
Sounds like a plan I'll be in touch.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2011 at 10:21pm

Marty, why wait com'on down now.
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 1:23am
Originally posted by charger496 charger496 wrote:

Damn, that water wasn't even deep enough to piss in without getting caught. So, about this river run... If one were to come with just his boat, would one end up standing around with ones thumb up ones ass, or is this group as friendly in the flesh as on-line?

Charger,

I showed up last year without my boat ( was on a business trip) and had a blast. That was my first event. A site memember did not know me from anyone and offered me his cabin to crash in.

I had so much fun I even went to the Greenlake, WIS reunion once again without a boat. that also was a blast. This year, I am going to bring my boat to the SJRR. I can state for sure that the folks that come to these events are some of the best people you will ever meet.

If you come down, you will not regret it.

Donald   
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

First time any of my boats ever seen FL waters.

Mike,your Correct Crafts were built somewhere else?

Sorry The CC was shipped to California before I bought it. I guess This is a homecoming.
skibum1110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibum1110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 9:55pm
I have my tent site reserved T-3 again. The wife and I will attend with another couple. See you in March. If anyones interested in coming down early Ihave a lakefront home about 2 hours from Astor. Your welcome to stay.
1992 Ski Nautique
1975 Ski Nautique
2000 Ski Nautique
2006 Ski Nautique 206 Limited
2005 Air Nautique 206 Team
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2011 at 11:54pm
Chris, glad to hear you will make a return again this year. We have added few more options this year, seems to be a large time for all that come.
I need to call Keith and see about a registration form on line ......
It appears we will surpass last years nubers easily, a lot more intrest from the newbies.........Billy
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2011 at 1:27am
I am really wanting to attend this event I live in Callahan Florida and I am so close I also want to attend the " monkey run" is that open to everyone and if I will probably be by myself is this cruise something I can do with out someone meeting me elsewhere with a truck and my trailer
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2011 at 1:57am
You'll find plenty of people who are willing to help.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2011 at 2:19am
I would not advise going alone on the Monkey Run. This is a small river in places and very shallow. You need a spotter and since it is small, kinda limit the boats are a must. It is also an IDLE ONLY run. About 1 hour each way. Need to be with someone or at least have a full boat. Other members will attest to this. So come on out early and either Ride with someone or have people ride with you.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2011 at 7:08am
Sounds good I should be attending and I think I might stay at moon river south ??? If it's still available bringing the boat but might hitch a ride with someone for the "monkey run " learn the ropes for next year hope to meet all the other CCF s on here
76 Nautique

"An empty wagon makes t
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2011 at 11:40am
Halston, thats great that you're planning on attending. Most everyone will be staying at Parramores if you can either get a cabin there or plan on camping out. This is where all the action will take place and when the sun goes down we all gather round the fire pit and just hang out after a long day on on the river and rekindle old friendships and make new ones. Looks like Keegano is coming so I'm sure he'll bring his 6 string for some good music. Maybe we could get Barefoot Eddie to come and he could bring his banjo and we'll really get some real "River Run" music.

Leaving the boat back at base and catching a ride with someone else is a good idea. Like Marty said the river isn't all that wide and pretty narrow at points. It makes better since to just load up the boats. It wouldn't be any fun if you went solo. Take the opportunity to ride with someone else that way you can meet other fans, help empty a cooler, take over driving duties as it's a long ride, and snap some pictures. Last year we only had 4 CC's heading up the Silver River but all were loaded down with fans and we ALL had a ball for 4 hours.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2011 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Looks like Keegano is coming so I'm sure he'll bring his 6 string for some good music. Maybe we could get Barefoot Eddie to come and he could bring his banjo and we'll really get some real "River Run" music.

If I knew it was gonna be that kind of party... Who's bringing the mashed potatos?

"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2011 at 5:43pm
Guy,

Sorry but no molestation of the monkeys. There are signs that will tell you this.

Donald
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2011 at 2:48am
You take a ride at idle speed no less,for an hour and you don't get a chance to touch your monkey???

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2011 at 11:17am
[QUOTE=Gary S] You take a ride at idle speed no less,for an hour and you don't get a chance to touch your monkey???

Gary, the monkey run took 4 hours last year. If you look close at one of the pics there is a shot of Reidp pointing at his uncle. Same hairy back but he has hair on his head as well as his shoulders.......
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2011 at 1:31pm
Was thinking on comming this year, would there be any empty seats [2]. just to far to bring the sep, thanks jeff
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2011 at 2:08pm
Jeff, YES! plenty of empty seats to be had. No worries in fact you'll probably be able to chose which chariot you want to ride in. Don't let that stop you. C'mon down, I promise you that you won't regret it.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2011 at 5:14pm
well there are rooms still available at paramours 2 bedroom cabins. $117.00 a night + tax, Morfoot ill most likely bring the new boat but tie up and ride with a new found friend any good places to eat down there?
76 Nautique

"An empty wagon makes t
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2011 at 5:54pm
Sweet77,

Last year, on Friday night, we all went to a Sea Food Resturant as a group. I think it was the Black Water Inn. Some went to the bar upstairs for some dancing. There are some other Seafood places in the area.

Saturday night we all cooked on several grills. We had a wide variety of food. Boat Dr brought some Cajun Food (Blood sasuage). Everyone went to the store and just put whatever on the grill. We fried and grilled. BJ ( Has Been) brought a large grill or two. We had too much food.

There is a little Lunch and Breakfast place about two miles from the camp site. Most of us went there for breakfast every morning. It was very cheap in price and the food was real good. They also serve lunch. I think I had Beer for my lunch.

I hope this helps,

Donald
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2011 at 6:14pm
Saturday nite is grill what you bring , plenty of grill space.BJ brought two gas grills, while Parramores had one LARGE. All were in use that nite.
Lori, mngr. of Parramores,informed me of a new restraunant inside the campgrounds.Breakfast lunch and supper will be searved there, now we have a choice to eat there or to leave.
Blackwater Inn is top notch eatery with food and drink to fit any budget, we all ate there on Friday nite.
We are putting the final touches to our game plan,to provide an event that will be enjoyed by all that attend this years SJRR 2011. Again more info as the date gets closer, but make your reservations now as Lori only has a few sites, and cabins left................................boat dr     
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2011 at 7:11pm
Wait a minute!?!?!? Billy you said their is no plan!!!!!
I have eaten at Black water Inn many times and the food is very good!
Cheers!!   
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2011 at 9:07am
Originally posted by connorssons connorssons wrote:

Was thinking on comming this year, would there be any empty seats

A-I'll give you time in the 'left' seat if you have a factory wiring harness for a '79 351 W.   

B-This may not be a good idea for a V-hull?

C-Depends on what you plan to do with it!

Edit

D-What if we have the wrong oil?

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2011 at 12:56pm
Jody, these are not "PLANS" but an over veiw of the events last year.Hell , we even let Woody come with a Mastercrap. If there were plans we would have to do a background check on each skipper and a USCG inspection before launching any vessel.
SJRR will be a fun time for all, with all the options available to each skipper there . Monkey Run, River Run, Mt. Dora Boat show, or just "hang out at the Glen".
Again I say there is no plan just options...........Boat dr
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2011 at 3:30pm
Billy, Mastercrafts, and cold water...yall better leave the kids at home?

Right of center is Woody in the safari hat...we'll wait on the experts for the guy in the yellow hat...rumor is he knows something about CC's?   

FYI-they both know your part #'s!

1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2011 at 3:40pm
And I couldn't resist this one...it's still on the top of my best jokes list Reid! FTN(for the newbies)-that's 'JoeInEveryWhere' taking shots of our dropped jaws. Reid had many of us thinking the new CCFan boat was broken.

1988 BFN-sold

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic