NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brass Prop Repair

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
starbucksdad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbucksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brass Prop Repair
    Posted: July-08-2010 at 6:08pm
Have not had a prop repaired in years. I live in southeast Ohio and own a beautiful 86 Nautique with a 3 blade brass, any suggestions..........Thanks
starbucksdad
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbucksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2010 at 6:12pm
P.S. no good boat shops in my area.......
starbucksdad
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2010 at 6:28pm
Try one of or sponsors Delta Propeller. They have a link in that section. Many have had good luck with them.

BTW, never take a prop to a marina. They simply send it out to a prop shop and then mark up the cost!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2010 at 6:29pm
New England Propeller in Plymouth Mass charge $138.00 and do a great job. They know inboard props. We've used them for years
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2010 at 6:40pm
Literally just got off the phone with Delta...they're in Cincy, and they said it's $105 for a typical repair plus the cost of shipping.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2010 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

New England Propeller in Plymouth Mass charge $138.00 and do a great job. They know inboard props. We've used them for years

Bruce,
You must know where all the rocks and stumps are in your lake!! I honestly don't remember when the last time was I sent in one of my props! The only recent incidence I had a couple years ago was thowing a blade on the Atom. I never got a replacement and am just running the lesser pitch spare.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
FUN-9C1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FUN-9C1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2010 at 10:34am
When I bought my boat, the prop was a little dinged up on the outside, and a little material missing toward the center. I had it redone locally at a reputable shop in Maine. I also bought a new one and although they did seem to do a pretty nice job on the old one, the new one (identical repalcement) gets me about another 3 mph and is smoother. Food for thought...
'86 2001
'50 Century Imperial Sportsman
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2010 at 11:16am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

They simply send it out to a prop shop and then mark up the cost!!!

And, i've observed one often doesn't end up with their own prop back, but somebody else's!
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2010 at 11:30am
Carl, I've used delta props for rudder and prop repair on 3 different occassions. Been VERY happy with the quality and quickness of their work. They support the site and give us a a discount. I highly recommend them.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbucksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2010 at 3:53pm
Brain fade, forgot about the links page. Delta will be my repair shop.Thanks to everyone
starbucksdad
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic