Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Warranty Issue with New SN200

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
SharkSN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SharkSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 7:54pm
Sorry to ruffle your feathers, rambling man...just would like to hear the noise....do you have any better ideas ?
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by SharkSN SharkSN wrote:

I would like to see a Youtube video of the noise.

I also used a video camera for the same purpose = the cam mic to pinpoint noise (Range Rover suspension squeak).

You must be an engineer

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 8:08pm
Paul I like the word extraneous along with the BS. I am saddened that this guy has laundered his greivance here on CCF and on PN. Seems to me he is fanning the fire to get nothing for doing what he is doing. I have been involved with a few similar instances while at CC and we went out of our way to make the customer happy. I know the new Regime at Nautiques is bending over backwards to help this guy get what he has paid for.

Dude! let Nautiques fix your boat, you got nothing to loose.

And for the rest of you claim jumpers remember their are two sides to every story and Nautiques have not been on either site and hung out their laundry!!!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Shark, sounds if you are the know all on things mechanical. I must ask tho, why is your boat so slow? May your laser alighnment is off a tad , or repeaded beaching has scuffed the hull.
If you cant run 55 plus , get back on the porch.I am not the biggest dog in the pack, but 58 aint slow either.
Hang here a little while and that ego will soon be deflated. Boat dr

Hasn't deflated yours any has it Doc?

I think it is time for a group hug
Greg

86 BFN
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by SharkSN SharkSN wrote:

They might be wanting the laser check the alignment again.

paul,
Fill me (us) in on exactly what the laser alignment does and how it works.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 8:32pm
Actually it is not laser alignment per say to align the motor to the running assembly. But more laser location during instilation of the underwater gear and location of the hole for the shaft log assembly! All done with laser drill and boring fixtures designed in house at Nautiques. It really works well, fast and accurate!!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Fl Inboards Fl Inboards wrote:

Actually it is not laser alignment per say to align the motor to the running assembly. But more laser location during instilation of the underwater gear and location of the hole for the shaft log assembly! All done with laser drill and boring fixtures designed in house at Nautiques. It really works well, fast and accurate!!

Jody,
I'm fully aware of what it does but wanted to see if Paul understood the procedure. Yes, it does a good job for the underwater gear but not engine to shaft. I'd say Paul doesn't have the slightest idea!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 8:48pm
Sorry! Pete your wrong!! This man is fully in the know about how, why and what as it pertains to Nautiques, MasterCrafts and Malibu's. Also he designs High level Tournament water skis and many many componets their in asscoiated with tournament level waterskiing.
So yes he does have the slightest idea!! And more!!come over to our world and you might learn a thing or two!!
Cheers!
Im off to pull full contact Tubing with the new set of monkey bars I just fabbed up for the old American Skier!!

h20loo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h20loo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 9:06pm
Actman- I am somewhat a neighbor(Severn Falls) and we have been looking at boats with a view to finalizing a purchase at the Toronto Boat Show. I can assure you that I would not have my new boat dragged across the continent and returned to me in the winter when I can not test it or know whether I am storing my pride and joy or just another annoyance. You have a substantial investment in time and money in this and I hope you see it through to a beneficial conclusion.
Good luck and we are watching.
70 Mustang project
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 10:30pm

Sorry! Pete your wrong!! This man is fully in the know about how, why and what as it pertains to Nautiques, MasterCrafts and Malibu's. Also he designs High level Tournament water skis and many many componets their in asscoiated with tournament level waterskiing.
So yes he does have the slightest idea!! And more!!come over to our world and you might learn a thing or two!!
Cheers!

Jodi,
Thanks for filling me in on Paul's knowledge base but I do have a question regarding the following.

I have to assume that the laser location boring was done at the factory on the hull in question. Since it "really works well", then the strut should line up with the hull hole and the log/stuffing box correct? That leaves the engine to shaft alignment but, the trans has been changed out once so the dealer certainly would have had to do this alignment correct? With PCM and CC overseeing this swap, certainly this would have been one of the first things they asked/reviewed with the dealer correct?? Now, why do they want the boat back? Don't they trust their own dealer to do a alignment?? They what to do a alignment themselves shipping the boat all the way back from Canada for this??

Something doesn't add up and Paul is way off on even thinking it's a alignment issue.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 10:50pm
Well spoken there Mr. B, I think you spoke what a lot of us were thinking.
Jody, I am surprised at your statement and your reasoning .You assume that you and your buddy are the know alls and we are a bunch of dumb "hobbiest" wanna be's. I have one question , jody? If he is so damn good why he gotta slow boat, and then show the world ...E GADS Batman
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 11:37pm
   Jody,
   I doubt given your resume that anyone here would question your knowledge, and I am aware of your history/affiliation with the factory but don't you think that 2-1/2 months is quite a bit of time for this to be going on? I'd be curious to know how many different things have been done over those 2-1/2 months to rectify the problem. Probably be hard to get that info from anyone though .

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
actman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote actman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 1:00am
Originally posted by h20loo h20loo wrote:

Actman- I am somewhat a neighbor(Severn Falls) and we have been looking at boats with a view to finalizing a purchase at the Toronto Boat Show. I can assure you that I would not have my new boat dragged across the continent and returned to me in the winter when I can not test it or know whether I am storing my pride and joy or just another annoyance. You have a substantial investment in time and money in this and I hope you see it through to a beneficial conclusion.
Good luck and we are watching.

Yes you are just down the road thanks for the support! If you ever want to go for a pull let me know.

actman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote actman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 1:13am
This is what was done as far as I know since I'm not at the dealer watching what they try.
After my transmission was changed it was sent back to PCM and tested in a boat. PCM felt there was nothing wrong with that transmission. The new transmisson made even a louder noise then the first. The only other thing tried after that was to replace it with a different pitch prop. The sound was somewhat different but still there. The dealer was nice enough to tell me that it did not work before I picked up the boat again. They had other employees ride in the boat and they all had the same conclusion that the noise is still there and should be fixed. To me the sound seemed to come from the strut but I had my friend a long time mechanic look at it and he felt it was the gears in the transmission. I have only ever stated the facts on here and will continue if I feel it will help others in the future. Calling someone nuts or crazy or bashing a company that you have respected for many years is not the way to get things done. Yes I admit there was a point in time I got mad but I did not express it on here. In the next two weeks this will be all finished and hopefully put to rest.

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 2:08am
I am no mechanic . This may be a long shot , but what if all of these boats have that noise but maybe yours has a bad motor mount that is allowing metal to metal vibrate through the hull . This would appear to make the noise louder . Again, not a mechanic . I dont even know if these motor mounts are supposed to have rubber or something soft in them . Just my 2 cents . whatever happens good luck and I hope it goes your way .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
actman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote actman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 10:50am
Originally posted by p/allen p/allen wrote:

I am no mechanic . This may be a long shot , but what if all of these boats have that noise but maybe yours has a bad motor mount that is allowing metal to metal vibrate through the hull . This would appear to make the noise louder . Again, not a mechanic . I dont even know if these motor mounts are supposed to have rubber or something soft in them . Just my 2 cents . whatever happens good luck and I hope it goes your way .

After the transmission was changed out I was leaning tword the engine myself. It could be a combination of parts causing it. Noise has a way of traveling thoughout and making you think its one thing when its something else. I could rotate the prop out of the water on my lift and it would sound like it came from the strut. My friend a mechanic felt it was caused by gear lashing. I'm sure the boat will be returned to the factory and resolved and it will be fine for the next customer. I still would like to find out in the end what was done to resolve it but I may never. I know I won't have this boat much longer but I still wash it down, keep the seats cleaned up and the boat polished for the next person who owns it.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 11:29am

If he is so damn good why he gotta slow boat

Billy,

Shark uses his boat as the original designers intended it, as a ski machine not a hot rod. Believe all of his mods have been done to improve it's ski-ability, wake size, etc., not for bragging rights.

You only need to run 36 in a slalom course.

ACTMAN, good luck with your problem, if it was me I would let CC/Nautique take the boat back and fix it, otherwise offer them a few bucks for a new boat and have them keep yours.
dmiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 12:24pm
Actman,

You're dealing here with a bunch of dudes that are very passionate about their boats and the reputable history of this brand, but most importantly, they have serious mechanical knowledge about every nook and cranny of these machines.

Suggestion: Why not do what a previous poster suggested and take a good clear video (with sound of course) of the problem, and let this group take a shot at helping diagnose the problem.

CCFan's - Putting all our passionate positions aside, I think it would be an awesome thing if we could help resolve this problem through the collective knowledge base of everyone on this forum. Based on everything I've ever read on here, that seems to be the real core value of CCFan....to help others who genuinely need help with their Correct Craft problems.

Actman - Ball's in your court....post the video. I promise, they'll help if you sincerely want it.
Doug
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 1:05pm
Funny this has turned into a feeding frenzy!
But again everyone is only hearing one side of the story and your not going to hear from Nautiques on this. I am suprised that both Keith (CCF) and Nautique Jeff (PN) has alowed these threds to continue.

Having had 2 200's now I know they are a different sounding boat from previous models. They are a different cat they run higher RPM's they Drive different, They ski different. As far as ACTMAN's continued posting of his greviance if it has taken 2 and half months to resolve then thats his problem and more than likely he brought it upon himself for all these posts on two different forums.

Boat Dr (Billy). What's up the Batman Schtick?? You Know I am akin to Superman!!!

Pete!!! Well You keep policing the threds your doing a jam up job!!

Mike We will never know as we will not and are not privy to the other side of the story. I have been involved with customer service in the past, had to take a few boats apart for various reasons but in the end the customer was satisfied with the results of what ever agreement that was made.

Paul, Dont go away as you have a lot to share as it pertains to your expertise and experimentation both as it applies to watersking and modern tournament boats. And thanks for the inside look at your project.

Actman You might want to consider a Mastercraft or Malibu if you continue to not be satisfied with your outcome!!

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 1:20pm
Jody, all great points except that Keith should not be editing posts or threads unless they're personal or someone is trashing CC just for the sake of trashing. I've seen stuff like this come up on themalibucrew and no doubt the coporations hate it, but that's the information age, it goes both ways.

actman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote actman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 1:37pm
"Actman You might want to consider a Mastercraft or Malibu if you continue to not be satisfied with your outcome!![/QUOTE]

F1 Inboards you sure have alot to say about everyone! i'm new on here so I figure everyone knows you already as a joker!

My reason for coming to the forums was to get help and suggestions from other SN200 owners. It was never the intention to bash anyone or cause any trouble other then find a solution to my problem. I have been delt a solution and it will be taken care of. I can only hope that the next time you buy your new SN200, you have a problem with it and when you post on here looking for help, some wingnut tells you to go buy a different brand!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 3:18pm
Yes a Joker! Also the gangster of love!!! Steve Miller Right??
And it is FI! Stands for Florida Inboards Inc.
And I see you are new to this forum and welcome aboard! But!Mr. Actman we are only hearing one side of the story here and it is not fair to the other side for you to continue to post your greviance here and on the other web site. Your information is incomplete and it only leads to speculation by others. Help and information you initially recieved on the other forum baised on your schechy information and even here.
As to myself if this would have been 5 years ago I most likely would have been one of the corporate factory tech's that would have flown up and checked over your boat, Also most likely to have assisted the dealer in the search for the problem and repair.
So as to having to take care of my problems with my 200's and their have been a couple I do the work myself and relate back to the factory with reports and suggestions for further devolpments of the product.
Wingnut? Hardly! I have been called worse! Some of my design influances and contrubutions are still in the Nautique products today!
Would still rather have you as a Nautique Customer but bottom line is if you can not be pleased with the Nautique products you might want to consider another product and get back on the water!
Cheers!
Jody Seal
Florida Inboards Inc.

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by actman actman wrote:

My reason for coming to the forums was to get help and suggestions from other SN200 owners. It was never the intention to bash anyone or cause any trouble other then find a solution to my problem.

At least on the PN thread this appears to be true.Your initial post here was a little vague,almost like you were intending on grabbing everyones ear to see what the reaction would be. FWIW, I haven't even seen close to what I would consider "bashing Nautique" from the O.P.
   Actman, you have to understand that there are people on here who have deep ties to the factory. That doesn't make them wingnuts, they just see it from the "other" side.
   And +1 for Bruce. If people cannot have an open discussion without being policed because they are displeased, than there is absolutely no sense in having a "forum". As long as there are no personal attacks I think it's healthy and maybe everyone will learn at least a little something in the end.

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
dmiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 5:45pm
Actman,

You've obviously stirred up a lot of passion on both sides of the aisle here. Whether you've reached an amicable solution or not, I think you should seriously consider posting a video of the problem so we may all visualize and hear exactly what the heck this is all about.

Why not put the speculation to rest??
Doug
h20loo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h20loo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 5:48pm

Yes you are just down the road thanks for the support! If you ever want to go for a pull let me know.

[/QUOTE]

I'd love to take you up on that. How about St john River Run March 25-27th/11. Since your boat will be wintering in Florida you could fly down and check it out on the river run and meet up with some of the good guys from this site. I'd love to join you since we will still be down there doing a little golfing. If your boat is still noisey you could allow the Dr or jody to diagnose it, repair it and have it back to Canada for the 24th of May. This could be the "other side of the story" that seems to be missing.
70 Mustang project
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 6:14pm
h20, the invite is open to all that wish to share in a week end of Boating Bliss.I bring a good assortment of parts and enough tools to do most repairs.
But I am not for hire during that event,I do it because I want to. Do not drag me nor CCF into this one sided fiasco.I have been involved with warranty claims and also with mediation disputes.
As the tension grows, offers to remedy the problem shrink. If you scream loud enough,corporate turn up their volume to the same level.End result is CC 1 consumer 0.
This will work out , but with no help nor comment from the Boat dr.See ya in March in Astor, but if you come with a grudge or on a tare towards CC, please do not spoil mine nor anyone elses fun while there......
h20loo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h20loo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 7:40pm

h20, the invite is open to all that wish to share in a week end of Boating Bliss.I bring a good assortment of parts and enough tools to do most repairs.
But I am not for hire during that event,I do it because I want to. Do not drag me nor CCF into this one sided fiasco.I have been involved with warranty claims and also with mediation disputes.
As the tension grows, offers to remedy the problem shrink. If you scream loud enough,corporate turn up their volume to the same level.End result is CC 1 consumer 0.
This will work out , but with no help nor comment from the Boat dr.See ya in March in Astor, but if you come with a grudge or on a tare towards CC, please do not spoil mine nor anyone elses fun while there......

Boat Dr- I don't think anyone reading this believes for a moment that there will be a noisey 200 at the StJohns run or that Actman, if he even remotely did consider attending, would be part of anything more than a chance to ski a few sets.
   However, My son who is at A&M is hopeful of bringing the '70 Mustang across to Florida for that weekend to experience the CC brethren and their boats, freeload a bit off his dad and allow us to tow the Mustang home to Canada since he will graduate this spring. We have also considered the possibility of seeing our first new Nautique being built- how cool would that be!
Sorry if I got your back up and I can assure you we are looking forward to meeting you and seeing your toys.
70 Mustang project
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 7:55pm
Sorry if I got your back up and I can assure you we are looking forward to meeting you and seeing your toys.

No apology needed, I have a job and it just happens to involve boats, motors, trailers and the ability to resolve problems. The best advice to myself is stay out of others peoples S hit.
We have tried real hard to make River Run a have to do boating event.

There is only one rule.............THERE ARE NO RULES, ONLY RESPECT...
We offer an event that welcomes a family environment be it Mom or Dad and sister TOO.No agendas nor axes to grind, adult beverages but no drunkenness. Come and enjoy and join in a family atmosphere.
We will be honored by your attendence along with your son and his guest also.It will be a joy to add a few more members to our close family of CCFans. See ya in March/ Have you made resevations yet???? Parramores is filling up fast.........Billy
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 8:22pm
A lot of people do get their dander up occasionally on this site.
When all is said and done it usually is resolved peacefully.

There are a lot of class acts that participate on this site
actman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote actman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 10:19pm
That river run sounds like a blast. Next best thing to skiing is golf however I ski better then I golf.....I think? lol
FI you are right this is only one side of the story. However you won't ever hear a manufacture ask on a forum "Does anyone have a noise in there new boat?" I would not expect any of them to do this. In all fairness I did come on this forum late after posting for so long on another site. Without reading from the begining of that forums posts, I may come across on here as a complainer or someone that can never be helped.
Now having said all that the only problem I have with FI, is I now have these crazy Steve Miller songs running through my head!!!
lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic