Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2011 CCF Midwest Reunion  7/15-7/17 Green Lake WI
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2011 CCF Midwest Reunion 7/15-7/17 Green Lake WI

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 18192021>
Author
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 3:19pm
Foot's are back home in Hotlanta and it feels like we never left weather wise. Hot and muggy up there and hot and muggy down here!
Finally made it home about 11:00 last night and have been able to get a good nights sleep in a bed that doesn't deflate during the night. Many thanks to all those involved putting this together. The girls and I had a great time but we knew that going up there anyway. It never ceases to amaze me of the class of people I'm lucky to associate with when comes to CCFans. People tossing you the keys to their beloved boats, whatever is in my cooler feel free to help yourself, let me help you with whatever, and the list goes on and on. It was great to catch up with the guys I haven't seen in two years and finally place a face and a hand shake behind the first name with the handles and avatar's here. Met many of the new guy's and some of the lurkers that showed up at the bay.
For those of you that didn't get to hang around on Sunday we REALLY showed those folks @ the bay how owners of Correct Crafts throw a party as Quinner's and Mojo's boat blew away the band that was playing down the way. Our folks were dancing on the platform's, in the water an everywhere you looked folks had their heads turned pointing and even dancing towards the group of Correct Craft's gathered there.

For those of you that didn't make the trip you really missed a great time. The food was out of this world and the tribute that Mojo made to the Ripster was 1st class. The collage of Steve was presented to the family and after it was made all registered members were asked to approach the stage and sign it for the family. It truly represented who we are and what we're about.

Fri Night's Pics!

SamB's beautiful 73 SN and best of show!

Just some of Steve "Ripster" Rypels' family

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by scottb scottb wrote:

Any thoughts/impressions on the 200 Sport?

I spent quite a bit of time in the 200 Sport over the weekend with Brian - driving, skiing and some surfing. I would say it is the first legitimate all around water sport boat.

The boat will hold 10 people comfortably and has enough power to get out of the water with that many on board.

As expected, the slalom wake is not quite as good as the Ski Nautique 200 as it has a harder, more pronounced rooster-tail (at least as 22-off, 34 mph). The wake is definitely still a great wake and I'd say significantly better than the 196.

The surf wake is great! With ballast and 10 people in the boat I found it to be a great surf wake. I most confess, this was only my second time surfing but I found I was able to ride rope-less quite easily.

I wasn't on board for any wakeboarding so I can't comment on that.

However, there was one weakness with this boat that we did experience. Although a much better barefoot boat than the Ski Nautique 200, it's still not enough power with the Excalibur (343 hp). What you gain in wake reduction and softness, you pay for it top end. Perhaps a different prop would make a difference but as we pulled Mark long-line, we were only able to reach 40 mph and that was with the gate up. In order to create crossable barefoot wake we would have needed to drop the hydrogate which would have cost us at least 2 mph.

Given all this, for the first time in my life I can honestly say I'd consider buying a v-drive. As primarily a skier and secondarily a footer, I never thought a v-drive would work as my boat but the 200 Sport has changed that for me. As my kids are now skiing and I have a need to have more family and friends on the boat, the 200 Sport is definelty a consideration for me.

I would really like to have some more time with the boat and use it with my family to make a full assessment. Outstanding questions for me:

Would it make an acceptable barefoot boat with a different prop and/or the 409?
How is the side spray with a boom?
Howe does it drive with the boom?
How does it store a days worth of gear, boom, etc. (it does not have the gunnel lockers found in the SN 200)?
How does it consume fuel (skiing vs. barefooting vs. surfing vs. kids skiing)?

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 3:43pm
Saturday's Pictures......

Didn't make it out in time for the parade so hopefully someone else got some snaps.

YES!..... photographic proof that Pete was in the water! Still sporting his monogrammed shirts though!    

CorrectCraftFan.com NEEDS YOU!

Paul's 63 powerplant and Best of Show Engine...hands down!

Had a steering problem on the way over here!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by scottb scottb wrote:

Great pictures. I'm regretting not going this year, but we've been pretty busy lately.

Any thoughts/impressions on the 200 Sport?

If I had cash right now, I'd be buying that boat. Probably not for everyone, but would fit my family well. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 4:35pm
Saturday's Pictures Part 2

These Fans/Boatnicks know how to throw a party!

Dena.... Emily....where are you guy's?

I'll take the Correct Craft!

Sydney & Tamara with a 200OB just one of our rides for the weekend.

Fastest Boat on the Water and with a tower....here comes the Rocketman!

A Late entry in the fastest boat on the water...........for a 4banger!

The Godfather driving CQ's boat! ...upgrading from "The One" Dave?

The "Secret" behind Tim's extra HP is finally revealed....

"Am I Bluuuuueeeee?"

Peek-a-Boo!

Steve Rypel tribute collage from us CCFans to his family. We missed you buddy!

Joe's Carb Class.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 4:40pm
I surfed and skied behind the 200, it is definitely an acceptable surfing boat. The pocket is what I would describe as shorter and closer than the one one Mike Hunters 210 (all I have to compare it to) but he has spent some considerable time dialing his in. Either way it is a definite surfable boat with factory ballast and reasonable people loading.. (4) and gets better from there. I was a bit less impressed with it as a slalom boat.. but I was only 15 off and 32mph and that appears about the worst case for the rooster tail -- and I was comparing it to a 196 wake in my mind.

The moral of the review is after riding it I am comparing it to one of the best surfing boats around and comparing it to one of the best slalom wakes around and only finding small differences.. not bad at all considering it is one boat.   

The link system screen on the other hand -- that I can live without. the simple guage pods and zero off pod and thier locations on the more stripped down 200 direct drive Reid brought were awesome I love that layout!

However tonight we will be skiing, boarding, and surfing behind the old 83 2001.. if you new 200 buyers can order a bunch of blue ones with standard guages, 409, zero off, and heat. I would appreciate it as I will be in the market for a used one 15-20 years from now.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 4:54pm
Surfer's POV behind the 200 Sport
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 4:54pm
So after two days of taking pictures I took it a little easy on Sunday but here are a few more to satisfy your thirst...Bet your kicking yourself for missing this one!

Brian with the Spider Sport 200 loaded down for wakeskating...thanks for the slalom pull Brian!

Bully didn't make it in time but one of his friends did and hitched a ride on Tique!

Boaty & Skipper weren't to far from the action and were having a ball!

Just some of the lovely ladies of Correct Craft Fan.

A Clown and his beautiful 211!

Moj' trying to crush an empty Bud Light Can!

Little Miss Emily showing us ALL how you correctly jump off a Correct Craft Swim Platform!

Thanks again EVERYONE for a great weekend and a "boat" load of memories and pictures!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

LOL, if only I had figured out that trick before the speed runs! HW has assured me he's coming to NE next month to give me a leg up on Joe.

Another great performance from the folks who put GL on for the rest of us- and this time they even got the weather situation fixed! Thanks a bunch to everyone involved with this extravaganza- we had a blast (as usual).

It was great seeing old friends and new faces alike- hopefully we'll catch a bunch of you at NE or another get together sometime this year... waiting a full year between visits is just too long!

Hopefully Melissa got some good shots to share, but heres another great one from Picture Pat:

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 6:20pm
JoeinNY Surfing behind the 200 Sport Nautique
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 6:43pm
Looking at these fotos really makes me wish I would have been there!!!
Brings back some fond memories of last year...

Sorry to hear Bully didn't make it on time! I did my best to get him there as fast as possible

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2011 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

[heres another great one from Picture Pat:

Now we know how you guys keep him so mellow all the time!

Katie had an absolute blast. As you can see, she was wiped out on the way back from the bay Sunday.

The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2011 at 1:05am

Tim,

Thanks for posting the cool pics !!

That's one thing I love about CCFans, they let you drive !!

But CQ ask me to check a problem with his boat...

I asked him what the problem was ???

He states that people say his music plays    
to loud....

So, I had to test it out going back to the ramp.

I told him the boat was fine.....hehehehe

Thank you Chis for the sweet drive back....

Dave

Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2011 at 1:14am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

LOL, if only I had figured out that trick before the speed runs! HW has assured me he's coming to NE next month to give me a leg up on Joe.

Another great performance from the folks who put GL on for the rest of us- and this time they even got the weather situation fixed! Thanks a bunch to everyone involved with this extravaganza- we had a blast (as usual).

It was great seeing old friends and new faces alike- hopefully we'll catch a bunch of you at NE or another get together sometime this year... waiting a full year between visits is just too long!

Hopefully Melissa got some good shots to share, but heres another great one from Picture Pat:

I have a similar picture of hollywood and tique at the CT mini. Clearly Hollywood is an instigator! Or he has a fetish for getting your dog drunk Tim.

"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2011 at 4:02am
The Wise family got back home around 10pm. We all had a great time! It was great to see everyone. I wish others could have stuck around longer, never seems like there is enough time.

The pictures are great! Pat, it was great meeting you and I hope you got some pics of my boat as your pictures look great! I'll try to get a few up tomorrow, but I'm done tonight.

Big thanks to everyone!
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2011 at 6:59am

YES!..... photographic proof that Pete was in the water! Still sporting his monogrammed shirts though!   

I think this might be photoshopped!!!
-Adam

1973 Skier
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2011 at 12:24am
Damn good time!!!!! Wheather,Beer,Music,Boats, and most of all all my CCF friends......You all ROCK!!!! Like having an extended family...

Thanks Dave,Alan and steve for the fun get together in the park!! and all who took pics/Video....looking good!

Can't wait to see you all again!!!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2011 at 12:50am

Angus had a great time!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2011 at 2:19pm
This just in from Rob Leinen's mechanic: The problem WAS a bad high pressure fuel pump. Apparently, as suspected by me, they DO go partially bad. Thank you, thank you very much. I'll be here all night, tip your waitresses, try the veal.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2011 at 2:25pm
Would a scanner have told you that or do you need a fuel pressure gauge too?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2011 at 2:30pm
Pressure reading?

I suspect loose wiring issue and now somewhat enriched mechanic..

In all seriousness though.. there was a pressure increase from the HP pump but it wasnt adequate for the boat to run at all? That would be a first from my experience. Rare but apparently not impossible.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2011 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Pressure reading?

I suspect loose wiring issue and now somewhat enriched mechanic..

In all seriousness though.. there was a pressure increase from the HP pump but it wasnt adequate for the boat to run at all? That would be a first from my experience. Rare but apparently not impossible.

Well, we know the computer was calling for fuel (by turning the pumps on) and calling for spark. As far as the computer was concerned, everything was hunky-dory. Happy computer. The HP pump was supplying fuel but probably not at a PSI high enough to atomize the fuel when the injectors were pulsed by the computer. If I really, really, really cranked, the motor would start to cough and try to fire, I'm guessing because we built up somewhat enough pressure by cranking (and thus energizing that pump) for that long. So I thought the pump was not supplying enough PSI OR the fuel pressure regulator wasn't retaining enough pressure in the rail. Now if the mechanic changes it and it still doesn't work I retract all comments. :p
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2011 at 11:09pm
I battled almost the same problem with the Air. The boat would run fine them stop for no reason and would not restart. The engine would crank and crank, cough but no fire. I found that the wires going to the high pressure fuel pump in the canister were losing connection to the pump. This was after replacing the fuel filter. I found the reason being for this was the pump was rotating with the canister as it was being screwed back on, causing the loose connection and eventual failure while under way. This happened multiple times before I diagnosed the problem correctly. In the midst of all this a new high pressure pump was installed thinking it was the cause, when really it was just the wire losing connection I did install an inline pressure gauge to help aid in any future trouble shooting that may need to be done.

On a side note I was also told to be sure when replacing the fuel filter to unplug the the high pressure fuel pump when refilling the canister with fuel. As the high pressure pump will cycle trying to supply fuel to the fuel rail. With no fuel in the canister the pump will run with out lube, and possibly making its life span shorter.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 1:51pm
WOW,,,,
What an amazing weekend and week up on Big Green.. It's been in the 90's and the water keeps getting warmer and flatter...

Anyway, words can't express enough what the Green Lake Reunion has meant to me and my family over the years. Getting to know all of you and seeing you all make the trek out year after year is something we'll never forget.. Honestly.... Thank "YOU" all for giving us the incentive to continue to put together an event that we can ALL enjoy.....

I wanted to thank you all again for the support and sharing in the dedication to Ripster's family. They of course all commented on the extrodinary people that their son associated with. You all have left an impression on them that they will not forget.

The hero's of the event this year were Alan and Steve for sure. They really out did themselves in the prep work and on site work... Thanks from the bottom of my heart....

Minus the skeeters, there's no better way to enjoy Green Lake, then lakeside... ****Food*** Wow, what a way to go.. Glad it turned out so well..

Keep on with the awesome pictures guys..

For those who missed the event...... YOU BLEW IT !!!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 3:20pm
Could that be why the boat would slow down to 30 mph while Johnny, Alan and I were footing behind it at Shelbyville a few years ago?
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Could that be why the boat would slow down to 30 mph while Johnny, Alan and I were footing behind it at Shelbyville a few years ago?

That's actually because the boat is cursed. Different but somewhat related issue.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 7:52pm
I just made it back after spending last week up north. It sure is rough to leave after the reunion weekend, 7 days in the north woods and then have to get back to work.

Another fantastic reunion!! Seeing the CCfan family is always a pleasure. I'll certainly miss next year. This one was another one for the record book.

Great pictures guys.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 10:49pm
do the ratios we have 400 h.p motors not doubling that speed. I loved the video Pete your boat looks like it it cuts thru the chop like butter.. how much does that boat weigh? how much does something like mine? Joes?
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2011 at 8:46pm
I hope Ixhua comes to the reunion maybe we can give him a tube ride by the dock
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2011 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

I hope Ixhua comes to the reunion maybe we can give him a tube ride by the dock

I'd be more that happy to give him a pull on a tube!! BTW, I did report the spam to Keith this morning!! He'll get to it or Brad will.

Keith also needs a reboot - the site's been running real slow today. Joel, where are you with you're pro advice? Give Keith a call!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 18192021>
  Share Topic