Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2011 CCF Midwest Reunion  7/15-7/17 Green Lake WI
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2011 CCF Midwest Reunion 7/15-7/17 Green Lake WI

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 21>
Author
800wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2011 at 1:13am
Yea, I think I saw an official guesstimate of 5 in.

My wallet's been thin enough that if I bring a boat it may be my non CC boat unless I twist my friend the camp director's arm and bring over the '75 Ski Tique with the 350 SBC.... I've a '78 Century with a 305 I/O that's running and a '77 Sidewinder 18 ft. jet boat with a 396 BBC that I'm working on putting back together - needs seats, carpet and engine install. And I'd like to get the gelcoat chips repaired on the Ski Tique hull before it goes in the water this year. And, Lord willing, I'll be changing jobs in about 3 wks. and I'll need to trade my Sat nite shift in order to get time off that reunion weekend. So there's a few things up in the air but I'm hoping.... :)

I assume that everyone will prefer having their boats on site but if any one has a need they would be welcome to anything I could provide at my place. I've a barn that's not quite full :) (could fit another boat or two) and a shop with some tools like an air compressor, engine hoist, etc. According to mapquest I'm 9 mi and 18 minutes from Hattie Sherwood Campgrounds.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2011 at 1:55am
Dan,
We like to see Correct Crafts, but have no problem with "run what ya brung". My daughter and son-in-law have brought their 1958 Crownline with a Merc 45 outboard a couple of times. Got a friend that depending on his schedule, wants to come. If so, he would probably bring a 68 Century.

Most important thing is you need to make it over!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2011 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Dan,
Got a friend that depending on his schedule, wants to come. If so, he would probably bring a 68 Century.

I hope thats the one he rescued from the boat house!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2011 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Dan,
Got a friend that depending on his schedule, wants to come. If so, he would probably bring a 68 Century.

I hope thats the one he rescued from the boat house!

BINGO!!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2011 at 5:40pm
....is it July yet?
Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2011 at 5:46pm
Bad news, my son has a wrestling clinic the weekend of the reunion with the University of Iowa. Gotta bow out. Too bad, but the kids have to come first.
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2011 at 6:29pm
Dang man, was looking forward to the weekend in the camper. Tell J-man to tear em up tho!
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2011 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Hawktique Hawktique wrote:

Bad news, my son has a wrestling clinic the weekend of the reunion with the University of Iowa. Gotta bow out. Too bad, but the kids have to come first.

Sure, declare a wake zone and then dont even show to enforce it. You will be missed.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Hawktique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawktique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2011 at 7:21pm
Thanks guys. I'll send the message Chris.
"A Veteran is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." Semper Fi
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2011 at 8:55pm
I have mentioned the GL reunion to the Fiance already. I'm still bummed we were not able to go last year, even for a day. But the few month old pup, and other stuff just wouldn't allow me to get there, as close as it is to me.

This year I really want to go, but with my wedding in Northern California only a couple weeks later, it might be tough again to go.

I'll do my best to get up there this year, hopefully for the whole weekend. To go camping in that crowd sounds like it's as much fun as boating is.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2011 at 1:20pm
Tom, thats a short drive compared to what some of the guys make! It's a great time, can't wait to get back up there this year!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2011 at 1:37pm
What a Wisconsin CCFan not coming??? Fiance, puppies, wedding..... Oh boy, looks like someone's Man card just got revoked. Get that boat ready for GL and register now, cause it will be way better time than your wedding hahaha,"kidding"..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2011 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Hawktique Hawktique wrote:

Bad break, but it is about the kids for sure.. Just come out Sunday if he doesn't advance.. Still a dozen boats through Monday stick around and get together...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2011 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

What a Wisconsin CCFan not coming??? Fiance, puppies, wedding..... Oh boy, looks like someone's Man card just got revoked. Get that boat ready for GL and register now, cause it will be way better time than your wedding hahaha,"kidding"..

Moj'

LOL

Getting married means a multi month long man card on hiatus status.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2011 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by horkn horkn wrote:

Getting married means a multi month long man card on hiatus status.

Just make it clear that you get it back afterwards.

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2011 at 2:21am
So how many are coming that have not registered yet? 8 boats and 20 people are just not going to cut it.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2011 at 6:45am
Finally made it over to GL today... all the ice is gone. Anyone want to come up for a few early trial runs? The water on the south shore at Camp Grow opposite the ABA was an eye opening 39 degrees. That should motivate some people to register....

Of course, I'm crazy enough if I had a boat ready to drop in the water I'd go. Even found another guy at a work day at camp willing to go. All I need now is a third, a boat and some time.    

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2011 at 7:41pm
Did a little investigating; since I don't need accommodations I don't know if it's difficult to find them for that weekend, but for those looking for other options I've two more to offer of which folks may not be aware. Camp Grow, a youth camp on the south side of GL has, I think, 4 full campsites and 3 water and electric sites which are available. Although they do have docks on the lake, their dock space is limited since it is used by their own boats (yes, one being the '75 SkiTique I brought over last year). On the north side of GL just east of Norwegian Bay is the American Baptist Association's Green Lake Conference Center (the Judson Tower landmark which is easily seen from some distance is on their property); I believe they have sites as well as rooms along with a launch ramp on the property. The only caveat is there is no alcohol allowed on either property and additionally no smoking at Camp Grow. I'm good friends with the Camp Director at Camp Grow (and have influenced him toward becoming a fan of CC's) and it is connected to the ABA Conference Center so if anyone is interested in more info on either place let me know and I can get you contact info. You can also find info on their websites. For those interested in a "no wake zone" these places could hold some appeal.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2011 at 11:14am
GREEN LAKE SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

We've been forced to make some hard decisions about the future of the Green lake Reunion and have decided that 2011 will be the last year of this reunion at least in it's current format.

We've agreed to take 2012 off and try to come up with a new format that works for all of us but there is no guarantee of future reunions at Green Lake. The contributing factors of time, money, logistics, sponsorship, etc involved to put an event like this together prevent us from continuing. We may try to continue as one of the "Mini" get togethers that Green Lake has spawned but again that is speculation at this time.

I would like to express my deepest thanks and appreciation to all the people that helped organize and support Green Lake going back to the first one 6 years ago. We've made some life long friends and had some great times. Thank You.

With that said I urge everyone to get on board and experience Green Lake with the correctcraftfan family one more time. Come out and enjoy, we've got a great weekend planned. Magicman

ps. Magicman for those that don't know where that came from is a nickname I picked up as the first GL reunion started falling into place. All the pieces fit and "Magicman" was born, LOL, Lots of memories, Thanks Stang.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2011 at 11:27am
Good info to know and I should take heed, but why not just pass the torch?
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2011 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Good info to know and I should take heed, but why not just pass the torch?

Are you volunteering? Call Keith.

ps. Were not quiting, we're being forced to stop.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2011 at 11:51am
I would in a heartbeat if I lived in that area of the country! It's such a polular event that I'm sure there are a lot of people that would step forward. But, the ps puts it in a different perspective than I thought from your original post.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2011 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

I would in a heartbeat if I lived in that area of the country! It's such a polular event that I'm sure there are a lot of people that would step forward. But, the ps puts it in a different perspective than I thought from your original post.

The ball has been rolled from the top down here Bruce. We on the ground also realize that with all the mini reunions now happenning around the country, the GL and the NE reunions have become "watered down" in interest.

Taking some time off to re-evaluate, letting the economy hopefully rebound a bit, and seeing what could better our sponsorship and membership drive towards one of these larger events needs to happen.

Commitment and drive to the countless hours of time and resources has to be there every year. After 6 years and the evolution of what we called "reunions" at the time has run it's course for now...

If anyone has wanted, but never pulled the trigger, on coming to spend time at one of these two main events, I encourage you to come out and celebrate with us the 6 great years that these reunions have been in place and the life long friendships they have created. The possibility of 2013 is a long way away......

Register now and don't regret not taking in what is GL2011 !!!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2011 at 7:24pm
Hi everyone,
Alan's post comes from the perspective of having personally and financially supported the Midwest Reunion (and the site) over the past six years. Alan and Dave Dorsen's efforts made the Green Lake event possible. Alan's post was simply to let you all know there will be no 2012 in Green Lake - and to give people time to adjust their 2011 plans if you wanted to.

The future of CorrectCraftFan.com Reunions is a separate discussion but what the reunions will be in 2012, and beyond, remains to be seen. All I know for now is that after six years in Green Lake, WI we'll be taking a year off and/or moving to a new location.

Each regional reunion is extremely time consuming and expensive to coordinate. Over the next year I will be exploring what format is best for future events. There will be plenty of opportunities for all of you to weigh in over the coming months.

I look forward to seeing many of you in Green Lake this July...
Thanks for your support,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2011 at 8:47pm
I used to host a camping party back in the 90's. What started out as a small group of friends for a weekend, evolved into renting an entire county campground, a beer trailer, 15 barrels, pig roasts, tshirts, county board meetings, food, entertainment,etc for around 125-150 people for a four day bash. I lasted 9 years of this progressive work.
It turned from an easy couple of evenings of effort, to months and months of an absolute thankless chore that was expected of me.

Hats off to you guys that have put forth the effort over the years, and most importantly, THANK YOU.

See you in July !!
Mike N

1968 Mustang

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2011 at 2:56am
Took me a couple of days to compose my thoughts sufficiently to chime in here.

I don't begrudge anyone if these events don't continue. They are a tremendous amount of work, and no matter what you do, there is always someone complaining. They get more difficult, the bigger they get. I'm grateful to those who have made it happen over the last five years, and was fortunate to make it to 4 of the first five.

I think what is disappointing to me personally, is that these events harken back to my days as a kid. A family reunion that I could count on every year. Dad's annual office picnic. Or even the annual Christmas party when I first began to work. These were events you could count on. They would always be there. Miss a year, that's ok. You're still welcome back and instantly fit in. Newcomer, even better - meet the family.

Not many of those events left in my life these days. Given that, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a boating reunion in the middle of Wisconsin would not go on for years on end. It is, after all, just a bunch of strangers with a few boats that have the same label on the side. Still, selfishly, I wish we had made it long enough that my daughter could look back with the same foolish, romantic notions 40 years from now, as I have. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2011 at 5:05am
There are some things you hope you can always count on and it is hard to believe such a class event would ever come to an end. The fact that it is run so seemlessly makes one forget about the work that goes into making it that way. Last year was my first but I had definite plans to make it an annual event. I certainly understand the situation as it was explained, just feeling a little let down. I hope we can create some kind of a regional mini for 2012. I dont know what I have to offer but I would gladly help in any way I can to facilitate making it happen. I am sure SJRR also has a lot of work behind the scenes, but it seems to prove that what is needed most is a place to meet and a bunch of good people to chip in.
1987 Ski Nautique

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2011 at 1:51pm
What's to stop everybody from just "unofficially" gathering next year on the same weekend? Right?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2011 at 2:02pm
Very true Joel. I'd make the trip for sure.

Best bunch of boat buddies anyone can ask for!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2011 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Best bunch of boat buddies anyone can ask for!

I couldn't agree more!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 21>
  Share Topic