Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2011 CCF Midwest Reunion  7/15-7/17 Green Lake WI
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2011 CCF Midwest Reunion 7/15-7/17 Green Lake WI

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 21>
Author
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2011 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Took me a couple of days to compose my thoughts sufficiently to chime in here.

I don't begrudge anyone if these events don't continue. They are a tremendous amount of work, and no matter what you do, there is always someone complaining. They get more difficult, the bigger they get. I'm grateful to those who have made it happen over the last five years, and was fortunate to make it to 4 of the first five.

I think what is disappointing to me personally, is that these events harken back to my days as a kid. A family reunion that I could count on every year. Dad's annual office picnic. Or even the annual Christmas party when I first began to work. These were events you could count on. They would always be there. Miss a year, that's ok. You're still welcome back and instantly fit in. Newcomer, even better - meet the family.

Not many of those events left in my life these days. Given that, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a boating reunion in the middle of Wisconsin would not go on for years on end. It is, after all, just a bunch of strangers with a few boats that have the same label on the side. Still, selfishly, I wish we had made it long enough that my daughter could look back with the same foolish, romantic notions 40 years from now, as I have. BKH

All the more reason for you to get that bunch together out there in Cali (who's talked about the notion for years) and put together your own reunion. Even unofficially, they as history have shown, grow pretty quickly into great events... create your own fun as we have in GL and with your daughter, make a new tradition... My girls are still up for it every year and participate in as much as I let them.. Remember the first year of them selling "rocks" hahaha 5-7 years old. Hell, they made $20 bucks hahaha

GL might be on a hiatus for a year or so, but the relationships formed won't be. I'm just say'n ...

Hope you can still come out for the 2011 event and "blow it out" with us once again !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2011 at 3:20pm
WOW.....Never thought i would hear those words comming from anyone that the GL Reunion will cease to exist....even if it is only one or two years.....I've been every year(both Mike an myself) and will continue to drive 12 plus hours to meet with all of the Lifetime friends that i have met there!!! It's too bad...the girlfriends and wifes have now started comming and will be disapointed to hear this because they too are HOOKED on the GL festivities and all the new friends they have met!!...Hat's off to "Mojo" and "Magicman" for every year that they have made this event happen and made it better and better and more enjoyable every time i went!!!!!!

I'm still in for next year no matter what!! reunion or mini !!!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2011 at 3:45pm

"Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now! ...

Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Hat's off to "Mojo" and "Magicman" for every year that they have made this event happen and made it better and better and more enjoyable every time i went!!!!!!

Paul,

+ all the others who contributed, Thanks to you all!!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2011 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

"Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now! ...

Hat's off to "Mojo" and "Magicman" for every year that they have made this event happen and made it better and better and more enjoyable every time i went!!!!!!

Paul,

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2011 at 4:09pm
F___k'n quinner.....

Now if they said we are still having the GL reunion and Quinner wasn't invited......well guess what....I would stay home!!!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2011 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Paul,

DITTO!!!!

Badges? ... We dont need no stinking badges!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2011 at 4:11pm
Karen and I made it 4 years, gotta say we made lifetime friends. The event may get smaller or even fade away, but the memories and the people will aways be a permanent part of Our life......Thanx be to Dave/ Allen for the hard work and a small snap shot of life in GL....Billy/Karen
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2011 at 11:21am
Patricia and I have definitely enjoyed and very much appreciated the Green Lake reunions for the past four years. Keith, Alan and Dave always put on a good show for all of the attendees'. Between setting up tents, grills, coordinating with people to reserve the grounds, Ken Meloon, Dave Hendricks, Goose Blind, raffles, Adam Wensink, Mike Seiple, sponsors, etc, you could always tell a lot of work was pumped into the reunions so everyone could have a great time. Although I'm sad to see the GL "official" reunion drop off the radar for 2012, I see so many regional "unofficial" reunions pop up everywhere. In my opinion, this is great that folks can organize these gatherings without is being an official CCF reunion.

I look forward to reading everyones' thoughts once 2011 wraps up.In my opinion, it would be great still having at least one official CCF reunion in 2012. I would imagine we'll see postings for unofficial gatherings in Wisconsin in 2012.

Patricia and I are taking this year off for GL. We are going to be present for our nephew's 4th birthday party. We wish everyone who's attending a great time.

Ken

Ken
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 4:39pm
I just signed up! Will be staying at the Hattie Sherwood campground as usual. I hope to see a few others sign up soon as well. I was told that Jerry was gonna sign up and bring his boys up for another big time. He's now been to a handful of reunions, but get this; he still hasn't registered as a CCFan member. I asked him why not and he explained that he's still seaching for the elusive and cool forums name . Something simple like JerryJ, Reidp or Trbenj just won't work. So how about some ideas for Jerry's forums name. He's got an old yellow 72 SN promo boat he's working on and a white-light blue 78 SkiTique. Give him some good ideas. The winner gets to pull his two boys wake boarding all day at GL
ReidP
1973 Mustang

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 5:52pm
How about JerryReid!
Greg

86 BFN
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 5:57pm
That's got a nice ring to it!
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 5:59pm
How about:

HeWhoFixesReid'sBoats
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2011 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

How about:

HeWhoFixesReid'sBoats
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2011 at 8:51am
Stupid spam!!! How about RCMTOYHAULER
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2011 at 12:22am
You have Skipper. Jerry could be Gilligan.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2011 at 12:11pm
Am I the only one fired up for green lake? This thread is awfully quiet. I am getting a younger engine swapped into my truck this weekend to insure it will make the trip. Can't wait. Oh yeah, The fence called and says it wants everyone to get off of it!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2011 at 11:48am
I agree, where is everyone?? Here is the east, we did finally got a stretch of warm weather this past week and it actually feels like summer. Hopefully the nasty weather in the Midwest stops and people start talking Green Lake again.

I'll be sending out an email this week that hopefully gets a few more registrations.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2011 at 12:27pm
Green Lake is alive and well. Yesterday it was 85 out. Lots of boats on the water !!!! Summer is here.

Keith, what's the deadline for registration? Not sure why the numbers are so low....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2011 at 9:29pm
how many have signed up?
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2011 at 9:42pm
If you click on the reuniun banner above then scroll down you can see who is signed up.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2011 at 10:28pm
Looks like we'll be seeing Brian Hall and family again this year. Awesome news Brian.

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2011 at 11:40pm
Thanks Alan,

we would not want to miss it.

BKH

Livin' the Dream

wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2011 at 6:17pm
Another year I can't make it to GL. It drives me nuts that my other summer vacation conflicts with GL everyyyy year.
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2011 at 8:20pm
I agree Eric, I leave on the 16th right after work to head to my family vacation for the week up to Lake George.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2011 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

Another year I can't make it to GL. It drives me nuts that my other summer vacation conflicts with GL everyyyy year.

Originally posted by lfskizzer lfskizzer wrote:

I agree Eric, I leave on the 16th right after work to head to my family vacation for the week up to Lake George.

Come on guys, Green lake is a VACATION!!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2011 at 1:51am
Whats wrong with three days at green lake and four at lake George? If green lake "conflicts" one year its a bummer, if it "conflicts" every year it may just not be your priority.
1987 Ski Nautique

wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2011 at 9:32am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Whats wrong with three days at green lake and four at lake George? If green lake "conflicts" one year its a bummer, if it "conflicts" every year it may just not be your priority.

You have a good point. Im hoping to make it more of a priority for the unofficial GL reunion in 2012
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2011 at 7:10pm
Just signed up!

I noticed that there is another CCFan from Canton, Ohio attending this year. Josh Priest (no screen-name). Anyone know him? Looks like he is bringing his boat and a guest... Josh, if your reading this, get in touch with me if you are interested in traveling out to GL caravan style.

Maybe we can get Eric to come out again this year too!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2011 at 2:24am
21 boats signed up , the fence is feeling a little better!
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2011 at 2:44am
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

Just signed up!

I noticed that there is another CCFan from Canton, Ohio attending this year. Josh Priest (no screen-name). Anyone know him? Looks like he is bringing his boat and a guest... Josh, if your reading this, get in touch with me if you are interested in traveling out to GL caravan style.

Maybe we can get Eric to come out again this year too!

Eric has been a little quite on the subject. Eric, Are you coming to green lake this year?
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 21>
  Share Topic