NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

off topic winter projects

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 789
Author
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2013 at 10:08am
I like it. Dock reconstruction is in my not-too-distant future...
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2013 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Larry,
You forgot to post the one important picture at the end. That's the one of you having a cold one sitting on you newly finished project! It looks great - enjoy it.

As a matter of fact, Pete, that is exactly what happened (despite no photographic record.)

I forget to mention, that was my second winter project. This was my starter winter project....needed to tidy up the storage of the non-motorized boats, so I built this simple rack.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 6:39pm
Ever since I worked at Watercraft Sales beginning in the late 60's, I've always appreciated the convenience, maneuverability and excellent visibility of a front mount receiver/ball. I've had one on all my tow vehicles even if I had to fabricate it myself. Now taking the concept one step farther, I decided my mid size tractor would be the ultimate around the yard and shop moving trailers.

I basically copied the frame of the snow blower and even used the same tie bars to the tractor hydraulics and ended up with 12" of lift. Not having a source of raw material (steel) anymore, I for the first time used Speedi Metal. Fantastic selection by the foot and even some by the inch. The only killer is the shipping due to the weight.UPS delived the next day but I'm pretty close to their main warehouse.

Now all that's needed is some primer and paint!

BTW, the blower is going back on for that fall storm that always comes too early!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 7:25pm
that will be so handy, i have a ball on the top edge of my kubota bucket run in scoop the trailers and off you go.
Any other upcoming winter projects out there ?
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 8:10pm
I am going to work on my tan this winter so when I show up at SJRR I'm not the "winner".
I bought a front hitch for my Chevy since I too have used them on our tractor. I have a real tight space to maneuver in to park the boat in Florida..The trouble with it is that it hangs pretty low and hits those cement parking bumpers or the sidewalk if you pull into a space..If I was making one I'd take off the licence plate and cut out the bumper behind it just smaller than the plate. Weld it up so that the reciever is just behind the plate,that way it would be out of the way and with the plate back on,hidden. This one, a Curt, I think could be modified by removing the reciever socket from the bottom of the cross brace to the top.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 8:29pm
My two other winter projects involve the Shamrock, putting back on the 4bbl in place of the 2bbl,which will be done right when I get there and after the new year I have mufflers,Hiteks and 3" tips to go on too.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 9:26pm
the shamrock project looks like a blast i love the hiteks
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
sport1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sport1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 10:10pm
You must of sold a kidney for those manifolds. Nice!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 10:54pm
Dang Gary. You must of started dancing like me for the extra money. Very nice .

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 10:56pm
Those are sweet Gary.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 12:16am
Well if I didn't hang around with you guys I'd have more money I didn't know half this stuff even existed before! I need to replace the manifolds I have now since one side went bad last year at the last minute just before we were to haul it down. Chris Mars bailed me out at the time with some used ones but now it's time to start new. When used in salt water I have seen recommendations to replace them every 5 years,and I know my dad went thru 3 sets on his. So basically as to cost it'would be a wash and I hope they will last way longer. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 789
  Share Topic