NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would you guys still love me if....

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would you guys still love me if....
    Posted: November-18-2011 at 1:47pm
Eric, where they just busting your chops at the meeting, or were they serious?

Hey, at least your CCFan affiliation shows that you know your inboard tow boats.
76tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 12:28am
Hey Eric, Congrats on the promotion! I can see you doing very well in sales...your passion for boating is what it's all about. If you are looking to get some publicity for the dealership, a very good friend of mine is the editor at Lake Hopatcong News. Not sure if you are familiar with them already. I'm sure she would love an interview, I'll introduce you guys if you are interested.

-Tom
He who dies with the most toys, wins

1984 SN2001 - sold
1976 Ski Tique - Sold
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Congrats on the quick promotion. Do you throw in a free tube with those bayliners?

Be happy to! Just promise to use your future Bayliner and the tubing on my home lake in NJ! That way the beautiful lake I escape to in NH is free of tubes!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 11:48pm
Congrats on the quick promotion. Do you throw in a free tube with those bayliners?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 11:24pm
Well I took a professional grade beating at the Malibu dealer meeting this week for being a CCfan I spent plenty of time defending the new Nautiques to the Malibu against other dealers. Despite the scrutiny I received, the added conversations taught me a lot about Malibus that I did not know which will help me with sales.

I will say the positive part that I really liked was everyone still refered to the company as Correct Craft vs Nautique. It brought a smile to my face.

PS: The new response TXI wake looks pretty sweet. Boat looks the same as previous responses. I had hoped for more changes to enable a little better hype
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2011 at 10:37am
Baybops to this day are still getting the bad rap, personally they are as well built or less built just like the rest of them...they all use Merc power so that isnt the issue,
Wake you gotta get that "you need a boat attitude" and always remember, some of the richest people on this earth became wealthy from sales.
im off to the Mastercraft dealership this morning, today its my favorite boat, (picking up a trans) you get the hidden message there?
"the things you own will start to own you"
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 2:09pm
Congrats on the new job. Malibu makes a great looking boat. Next to Correct Crafts. Hope it goes well...
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

(I know, off topic, sorry)

so can we start posting pictures of boobs now?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

You just have to get children addicted to boating, then you'll have customers for life.

There is some truth to that. We always had a boat growing up. Now my brother, sister and I are the grownups and we have had 15 power boats between us in addition to a myriad of canoes, kayaks, sailboats, and little aluminum fishing boats and all have always had some kind of access to the water. My sister calls it "Lake Effect" (thanks Dad )

(I know, off topic, sorry)
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Luchog Luchog wrote:

Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

reminds me of somebody

Lex Luthor?

I was going to say Joe Camel. You just have to get children addicted to boating, then you'll have customers for life.

Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

reminds me of somebody

Lex Luthor?
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 9:16pm
I know your point.

In sales you need to be very cautious not to make statements that will offend, or even that might offend potential customers. You never know who is listening. You never know who might be a potential customer. I've been in sales for a long time. Mostly successful. I also can think times that I wish I had back something I said.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 7:38pm
BKH- I appreciate the advice and can understand how that statement might come across as abrasive.

I guess my point was that compared to selling boats in the ultra knitch 50k plus inboard market Bayliners should sell easier. Hopefully that's better word choice?
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

Bayliners are fine for selling because a monkey could sell those boats and they will provide consistent income.   

Just a word of advice. If you want to succeed in sales you will permanently stop making statements like this, particularly in public,
particularly in writing.

Just sayin'

BKH
Livin' the Dream

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 3:49pm
reminds me of somebody
"the things you own will start to own you"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 11:06am
That's the end goal right there Ken! Gain as much experience as I can and eventually work at a Nautique dealership or own my own dealership! It will take time to get to that point but it's definitely in my game plan!!
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 10:47am
One of the best wakes I recall skiing behind was a 1996 Malibu Tantrum. I was a bare-bone Malibu but it performed very well. Malibu is definitely a nice ski boat, I just wouldn't buy one over Correct Craft. The lake I ski on have a hand full of Malibu boats.

Sounds like a cool opportunity, Eric. Someday we'll see a post that you're selling Correct Craft boats!

Ken
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 1:37am
Past thursday I delivered a brand new SAN 210 in the morning and afternoon drove my buddy's Wakesetter, those are really 2 different animals!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Luchog Luchog wrote:

Selling boats is quite a different task than repairing them, I clearly dont see myself doing the first one...

What do you prefer? is there a difference in salary?

I'd rather be fixing boats but while working for someone else, the money is sub par as a 23 year old, "entry level" mechanic until you move up to being a merc master tech with certification, etc. So in terms of the fast track to more money sales is the better route. I like sales especially inboards regardless of which brand. Bayliners are fine for selling because a monkey could sell those boats and they will provide consistent income. But from a personal standpoint I'd rather be in the trenches pulling motors and learning more about them.

We won't be doing any boat shows in NE. The New York boat show is our biggest boat show without question.

Lake Hopatcong Marine
Not that I'm gonna push Malibu sales through CCF but if ya know a die hard Malibu guy that you can't convert to Nautique and they're looking for an upgrade to a new boat, let me know. I can get them the best deal available.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 11:19pm
Put up a link to your inventory, I'd like to check it out. Are you going to the New England Boat show or any close by?

That's good news though, congratulations.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 9:59pm
That's great, Eric. Get those business cards printed up right away. The good news is the more Bayliners you sell will support the sales in the service department!
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 9:45pm
I'm fine with the Malibu thing. The whole Pontoon thing really puts a strain on our relationship
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 9:31pm
Selling boats is quite a different task than repairing them, I clearly dont see myself doing the first one...

What do you prefer? is there a difference in salary?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 8:58pm
Congratulations Eric. Thats great. A promotion 7 months into the job clearly shows that management is impressed with your abilities. After Malibu school do they send you to Bayliner school to teach you how to keep a straight face while selling?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 8:00pm
You guys still love me if instead of just fixing Malibus I got promoted to a full time Malibu, Premier Pontoons and Bagliner salesman? Cause I just reworked a bunch of Malibu ads on our company website and I leave for New Mexico next Saturday for the 5 day Malibu Dealer meeting to check out everything Malibu.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2011 at 1:25am
Congrats Eric! Sounds like a good group you'll be working with.
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2011 at 1:22am

Maybe you can bring a demo..............

Just tell all your customers to go talk to Louie....

O.K. I'll stop, great news that you got the job !!

Dave
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2011 at 1:03am
Congrats Eric. That's great, best of luck to you. Dont forget to tell them you'll need some time off for the NE CCFan Reunion.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2011 at 12:57am
Cool. Tired of seeing my 2001 in your rear view mirror? You're a true, dedicated Correct Craft owner.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2011 at 12:47am
Thanks Ken,

They're powered by indmar. I might sell my 2001 and get a Barracuda. A classic is more what I'm into these days.

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic