Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CT mini reunion: June 10-12, 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
Author
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 1:21am
Tim, The Banana Boat is almost ready and the double booms and clamps are set. We need some footers to test your '79, as there is already a picture of Banana George and 12 others (total 13) on two booms simultaneously. Glad you got a camera man ready. I'll be rollin' in Fri PM, but we should make a plan to stir up the water Sat AM after the "fog" goes away!!
Uncle Todd
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 11:39am
Uncle Todd,

Hope you are going to be able to stay through sunday, as I don't arrive until late saturday evening and realy want to be one of the record breaking 14 on the doubles in the Sunday morning runs.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 11:51am
UT, glad to hear the Banana boat is good to go... unfortunately, our '79 is NOT! We came up short this week- we're missing a few key pieces that will keep us from being fully functional. We'll probably drag it up as a show and tell piece anyways. We'll mount that double boom on something regardless!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 12:07pm
Tim, got your email with directions. That helps a bunch, we are still planing to be in early saturday morning. Let us know if we can bring anything.

Any chance we'll see the ski tique this weekend?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Uncle Todd,

Hope you are going to be able to stay through sunday, as I don't arrive until late saturday evening and realy want to be one of the record breaking 14 on the doubles in the Sunday morning runs.

Hope so Larry, sounds like a feat for the highly trained.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 1:42pm

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 2:01pm
What is this key peices and fully functional stuff.. does it float?
I am told that thing used to run before you guys started messing around with it. Shouldn't be missing too many parts now.   

Either way we should still have plenty of boats to disrupt the calm of Tyler lake with. Barring massive thunderstorms I will be pulling mine out of the hoist tonight and hopefully will be able to get the rig packed up and ready to go to work with me tomorrow. It will be great to see everyone again..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 2:07pm
The most pressing issue at the moment is the lack of a throttle bracket. The OMC set up had some hokey 3" extender on the end of the cable, which is now broken. SkiDIM is checking to see if the PCM version is available or not. That little hiccup (among a few other slow downs) kept us from breaking in the cam last night. Once the cam is broken in, we still need to do an oil change and disassemble the valvetrain to reinstall the inner valvesprings... otherwise we'd have run it "ugly" this weekend. Other non deal-breakers include the lack of a connected bilge pump and blower, seats, panels and windshield... and of course, the thing is filthy. We'll have it at the lake for you to check out for yourself.

Glad to hear the '83 is making an appearance, Joe- Ive talked it up quite a bit to my buddies here... Im sure it wont disappoint!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2011 at 2:57am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Glad to hear the '83 is making an appearance, Joe- Ive talked it up quite a bit to my buddies here... Im sure it wont disappoint!

Hope you didnt talk it up too much.. I sure didnt clean it and cosmetically the gel and paint is getting close to the top of the project list. However she does have her charms. It looks like I will be a couple hours behind my original timeline tomorrow. I was planning to leave direct from work but now it looks like I will be coming back to the Auburn area to pick up my friend Matt who is also going to making the trip. Hopefully we still get there sometime between ten and eleven. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
87MCProstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87MCProstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2011 at 10:49am
Guys I have a cool trick for ya, that makes an awesome video. It worked with my boat and my cousins SN. We had the booms in between the two boats, my cousin started in his boat jumped out slide down both booms and jumped into my boat. It was pretty cool cause my brother and I had to make sure we were driving the same speeds and keeping the boom ends together.
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2011 at 11:10am
Just realized I forgot my pillow at the house, I hope tim can hook me up with a sponge bob one. Those are my favorite
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2011 at 11:40am
You guys have a great weekend, take plenty of pictures and PLEASE double check all the cable ends on those booms before you put 12 people out there. How's that for sounding parental on father's day weekend.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2011 at 11:45am
According to my barefootcentral.com calendar you are a week early on the fathers day there Alan.. but we appreciate the fatherly advice.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2011 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

According to my barefootcentral.com calendar you are a week early on the fathers day there Alan.. but we appreciate the fatherly advice.

Well that is good news because dad's card was going to be late, now it'll be early and he'll wonder what's going on!!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2011 at 3:23pm
Yes, you guy's have a great time, really wish I could have made it!

Does look like my Dad (Paul) and a couple of our neighbors, Bill & Ed, will be taking a ride up from Candlewood Lake Sat AM, hopefully you guy's will have an opportunity to put on some great "show skiing" for them as I know they would really enjoy that.

Have fun and Be Safe!!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2011 at 4:38pm
I will be waiting for the picures!!!
have nice meeting guys!!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
87MCProstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87MCProstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 12:06am
I just wanted to thank Tim and his family for the hospitallity this afternoon, another great day at the Benjamin complex!

Joe, your boat is sweet! Probably the best ride I've ever had in a Correct Craft ;-).

Greg, thanks for the ride in Crush and letting me control the throttle simply great!
I know people make a big deal about what brand boat you owe but a great boat is a great boat, and all of them there today are great! Thanks for letting the other brand guy hand out
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 12:41am
A huge thank you to Tim, Greg, Melissa, and Deb along with the rest of the Benjamin Family. You guys were outstanding hosts and were so gracious with your home and taking care of everyone throughout the weekend. You guys are truly a top rate family with a deep deep love for these boats.

The weather wasn't perfect but in typical CCF fashion we made the best of it!

Personal Milestones for me this weekend were skiing behind the crush, barefooting for the first time behind the boom, picking up a 68 cuda SS thanks to Bruce and his outstanding sons, and getting up on the air chair.

Great weekend all around and couldnt ask for better people

A little game of friday night a-hole

Setting up the tent

Tim and Dave making shelter to keep us dry on the porch

Joe and his 800 dollar truck

My new 68 Cuda SS

The banana boat at rest

Tims Skier and '90

Joe pulling up

Ken Spurling ready to go parasailing behind Joes '83
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 2:51am
Awesome...

More please!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 9:16am
That's awesome. Any parasailing action shots?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 10:15am
There will be an incredible amount of pictures coming.

Storm34 aka Chris with his friend and coworker PicturePat (we decided thats his CCF name) were able to come up from DC after working. They drove through the night and arrived at 6am and woke up at 8am after only 2 hour of sleep in their rental impala. PicturePat is an awesome photographer and spent a ton of time in different boats making sure that pictures were taken of everyone during the event. Im sure its going to take him a few days to sift through the thousand or so pictures he took but there will be plenty of action shots of Ken Spurling parasailing...
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 11:15am
Fantastic weekend and a great time! The Benjamins are a great family and hosts. Thank you for an awesome weekend! There must have been 25-30 people and 6 or 7 boats. Todd was there with his Banana George boat which is a great piece of CC history and a really cool boat. We all got to ski behind the Crush. There was plenty skiing, footing, boarding and surfing. One of the highlights of the weekend was Ken Spurling parasailing Saturday afternoon. We all can't wait to see the pictures of that. Sunday after noon the Banana George Boat pulled 8 footers off the booms. Dave, Tom and I had a really good time.

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 11:21am
Need to reiterate the huge amount of gratitude to all of the Benjamins: Tim, Gregg, Deb, Deb's sister Lori, Lori's husband Tom and Uncle Todd. They went so far above and beyond. It was way more then generous to let us hang out at their place for a couple days, but the food, drinks, hospitality, boat availability on top of that was beyond amazing. Many thanks to all. It was a great weekend. I am sure there will be many more pics, especially when PicturePat's get posted, I only got a few worth posting, but since Eric was nice enough to get us started, but didnt include any of himself, here he is getting ready to head out for a wakeboard run behind Joe's Super Air-wake-footin-surfin-parasail pullin-Ski Nautique. Plus a couple others.

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 12:49pm
Hey guys, picture pat and I are still here bumming out at the Benjamin complex. He took over 1200 pictures this weekend. Once he's done watching dr phil we'll get thru them all and post them when we get back to IA. Hope everyone had safe travels home!
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 12:54pm
Thanks Tim, and to your folks too, for putting this together. Really wish I could have gotten there earlier, but it was good to meet people and see everyone.
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 12:56pm
Joe and I got there around 2:00 Friday afternoon. Got some good skis in off of the orange crush. Tim's dad was driving and his mom took a ski too. Tim's mom rips it up on the ski.

Then we went footing a little off of boat with Uncle Todd. He gave me some great pointers and taught me a swing out from the boom on the handle.

We couldn't stay because Joe was going to the Belmont on Sat. I intended on coming back up on sat but got involved with cutting up all the trees tat fell in my yard from the last storm. Plus the weather wasn't that good. ;) It seems we gotthe best weather Friday afternoon.

Thanks to the Benjiman family for their hospitality. It was a fun afternoon. WishI could have made it the rest of the weekend.

Here's some pics;

1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 1:10pm
The weather wasn't perfect, but I couldn't have had a better time if it was. Everyone got plenty of skiing and stuff in both Sat and Sun. There were two boatloads out surfing until after 9:00 Saturday night. We had a lot of fun. We missed both you guys as we arrived about 10 on Friday and left about 4:30 Sunday.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 1:39pm
Wow, what a whirlwind of a weekend! Thanks to everyone for coming out- it was great seeing old friends and new faces alike! Im pretty sure no one is normally allowed to have that much fun during such lousy weather- we sure gave it hell. I should also thank my family, as they played much better hosts than I did! Thanks to everyone for pitching in- it was a true group effort.

Im really looking forward to seeing more pictures- good times. We’ll have to do it again… Ill be sure to order better weather next time.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 3:31pm
Here a few of the pictures that Tims sister and gf took of my first time footin'. Thanks for the lesson Tim! I can't wait to do it again.

lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 3:33pm
I had a great time for the practically day I was there. Got in around 3:30 just as Ken Spurliing was taking off Parasailing OMG..... stuck around for a bit then launched the 85 thanks Brad for driving it back to the Benjamin Camp while I dropped off the trailer. Weather held out for awhile then roughly around 6pm it poured and then cleared up took the covers off. Filled Joe's Fatsacs in his boat and people and filled the 85 with people galore. We stayed out pretty late but Joe's crew was out till dark. Nice lake they have, just enough room to do it all aslong as other boaters respect each-others water. Sunday came I took Larry and Brad footing off the 85 awesome time they had with the limited visiblity as it was foggy as hell out there. Once we got back I decided I was going to go for a ski, so Eric took me and Larry out on the Orange Crush, 4 turn arounds from the Benjamin camp to the Marsh area nice and calm at the time. Just full day of events it was a great time just wish it was longer. Great bunch we have as friends and fellow correct craft owners. I decided to leave around 5:30 yesterday and thanks to Jay, Sage's BF for driving the boat back to put it on the trailer.

Thanks again for the Benjamin family for the hospitality. We def have to get together more often somehow during the season.
-Phil
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
  Share Topic