NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CT mini reunion: June 10-12, 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 3:48pm
Eric, you're a natural.
PicturePat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PicturePat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 4:14pm

Glad to finally be a member of CCF. Thought this would be a good first picture - the shore reaction is almost better than Ken's take off style. Damn good weekend. More pics to come.
-Pat
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Eric, you're a natural.

Thanks Bruce! That was after some coaching. The true first time up pictures had lower quality form but tim knows exactly how to correct people's posture
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 4:30pm

Wow...what is going on with that take-off?? Even the chocolate lab looks amazed.

The 4 guys on the right reminded me of this.

Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 4:32pm
Another huge thanks to the Benjamin family for letting us come crash your place this weekend and stay around an extra night! We had a great time and are truly lucky to have such great friends all over the country! We're looking forward to seeing some of you again in a few weeks at GL and then maybe making a trip out east for the NE reunion!!!

Some pics from Saturday...
Banana Boat

Boats at rest

Ken getting ready to fly

Ken and Todd out in the BFN

Benjamin complex
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 4:33pm
Ha, I wish I made it back up for that. That must be call the a$$ up take off.
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Eric, you're a natural.
...Not as natural as Ken!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Mark Mel Mark Mel wrote:

That must be call the a$$ up take off.

A$$ up, that's the only way Ken rolls!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 5:29pm
I have no pictures to share but I would like to share my gratitude and appreciation. It was the second time I have had the joy of visiting Tyler Lake and the whole Benjamin family and crew there have been unbelievably welcoming each time. Not to mention just plain old fun to be around. So thanks for the place to stay.. the toys to play with.. the beer.. the unbelievable food.. the help with moving the boat and trailer around.. making my friend Matt feel right at home.. etc.

I had a riot, perfect weekend.. we didn't even have to waste time putting on sunscreen or compete for water.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again over the next couple months.

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 7:07pm

^^^Is that Tique, the same little ball of fuzz that was at Reid's last September?!!!

Great looking place and lake, Tim. Where did the Cuda SS come from?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 7:21pm
Steve, thats the monster. He's still a ball of fur- just a much bigger one! His attitude hasnt changed much either- he's a dopey boy.

Joe, you must have filled your tank a few times when I wasnt paying attention- all the watersports + speed laps must have used up some serious fuel! That boat left more than a few people with big smiles... too cool.

That picture of Ken is priceless... Id love to see the high res version where you can see the facial expressions of everyone on shore!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 7:26pm
Steve, we dragged that Cuda down from Maine. It's the BSS2000 and you found it on Craig's List.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 7:36pm
Favorite quote of the weekend goes to Ken - "I was jacking off...and my balls dropped"

Had to pick Hollywood up off the ground after that one...THEN he started talking about his shaft
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 7:40pm
BSS 2000

Edit: nevermind... Bruce snuck an edit in there.

Eric's got himself a nice little project!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 10:51pm
I gotta finish wetsanding the 86 and make sure everything's working on that before I start wetsanding the bss2000.

Ill post my progress in the existing BSS2000 thread to keep it going.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 11:18pm
Cbass- that picture from king of the hill is perfect
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 11:35pm

I can't stop laughing.....

It's starting to hurt.......
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 11:48pm
The soreness in my cheeks is starting to subside, Ken was on point all day. The weather sucked but it didn't detract from any fun. Thank you thank you to all the Benjamin clan and everyone that brought boats and games.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 12:37am
In regards to the food, Tim I'll never eat your moms bean chili again. I'm still farting from eating it yesterday for lunch.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 1:34am
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

Wow...what is going on with that take-off?? Even the chocolate lab looks amazed.

Holy crap...did he make it? More pics of this ride please.

I am now remembering why our ski club got rid of our parasail....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 1:59am
That take off was interesting to say the least.. Ken was trying to make the freestyle parasailing calender for 2012. The rest of the ride was less eventful.. but one lap around the lake with the wind we were having on saturday was about all the collective nerves of the group could handle. Looking at the pictures I can see why Ken was complaining of the ab workout the ride was giving him.. I think he was holding himself up a good bit of the time instead of sitting in the harness... couldn't turn off the skiing instincts I guess.

Tim I don't think anyone put gas into that 83 while I wasn't looking.. not that there weren't a few generous offers to do so. I was hoping we could blow through a tank over the weekend.. we made it through 23.7 gallons. If we had gotten a slalom group behind it we could have made it but for some reason all the slalom skiers wanted to hang out behind the orange boat.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 10:51am
WOW! Awesome boats, great people and AMAZING hosts!
Thanks to everyone for making this mini reunion a great time!
Special thanks to the entire Benjamin family for being such gracious hosts- You guys rock!

-Brad and Cheney
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 1:59pm
Definetely I need to put assisting to a CCF reunion to the top of my TO DO´s list!!! Too much fun!!!
I like it
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 2:33pm
There was quite a bit of anticipation and entertainment leading up to the launch. It probably took a half hour or more for Ken to don his equipment while everyone sat around and watched. As you can see in one of the pictures, he was in the middle of the lawn away from the lake. When the boat took off, Ken was supposed to launch. Instead, he dropped to his butt sitting up, feet out front and accellerated across the lawn towards the wall. He skimmed across the wall on his butt, (which hurt just watching it) and went down into the water and then launched upside down. All this took about 2 seconds, if that. In the picture, everyone including the dog, is thinking Ken is seriously hurt. The next second, he rights himself and starts pumping his fists. He then goes around the lake and comes back smiling and says he never even hit the wall, nor did he get hurt. Joe being the expert boat driver that he is corrected for the tail wind that suddenly came in and got him up in time. Alls well that ends well and we laughed about it for the rest of the weekend. Although there were no takers for seconds.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

The soreness in my cheeks is inside, Ken was in all day. he sucked it from anyone that brought boats and games.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 12:12am
Can I at least get an assist on that? Skip Waters!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 1:04am
Alright this was probably the most photographed weekend of all time..let's see some pics here!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 1:14am
Just talked to picturepat, bad news is that he's shooting all night tonight and the next two days- good news is that he's getting the ball rolling on his first boat! We may have a new Correct Craft owner by the end of the week! I'll get after him on posting, im sure he's getting these posts on his phone.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 1:17am
He isnt the only slacker Melissa should have a bunch of pics and the summer off..!?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
PicturePat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PicturePat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 1:27am
Slacker may be true, but no worries - In a long shoot tonight, but got the lap top sittin right next to me going through stuff from the weekend every break I get. Should be able to get some good stuff posted by tomorrow sometime.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
  Share Topic