Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

More Problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
jcow0714 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcow0714 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2011 at 5:26am
In the process of doing the engine alignment I will also be replacing the motor mounts. I'd love to watch/ help/pay someone to do it so that I could see and learn how it's done.
jcow0714 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcow0714 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2011 at 1:40am
If any of you guys are in cincy il pay you to do it !
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2011 at 10:04pm
John - You sound capable. Go get your boat back! This guy is screwing with you.

Alignment is very intuitive once you get the concept in your head.

If you cab change oil, you can do an alignment.

Patience is the biggest resource required.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
jcow0714 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcow0714 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2011 at 7:54pm
the .008 was the number the repair shop gave me. so i took it back and said do it within .003.

eric- Im new to the boating world (2nd year). I am mechanically inclined but honestly i dont know how to align it, dont know if i have the right tools, and dont want to take the risk doing it wrong and destroying a trans. If i was smarter i would have just taken it to you in the first place. now im stuck with no boat on the first nice weekend in ohio!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2011 at 7:40pm
you forgot the ever so important envelope....
dont worry cow, i sat at a marina yesterday and with a guy for 4 hours waiting for them to lift an engine in, the guy was pissed and told me why did you have to come on a busy day and my reply was i couldve come tommorow (today) which is really the busiest boating season day of the year.

but, why dont you grab the boat and try the alignment yourself?
"the things you own will start to own you"
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2011 at 7:40pm
How did you conclude the .008 ?
jcow0714 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcow0714 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2011 at 7:01pm
This year all i have needed was a trans install and engine alignment. After around 2-3 months i got a call saying my boat was "ready". I picked it up and realized that they put it within the wrong spec. they only aligned it to 8-thousandths when it needed to be 3. So after a 2-3 month wait, my boat has to go right back to the shop to get the work re-done.

This time my boat has been there for 3 weeks and the company told me it would be before memorial day weekend but like always, they have yet to touch it. I called the guy to ask when he thought it would be ready and he said..." if you want to use it this weekend, as-is, you can without a problem." I know he is wrong about that because there wouldn't be a spec for the alignment if it wasn't necessary.

So my question here is...Is he wrong or am I? and what problems would this cause? (just a heads up, im not taking my boat out until its within spec, im just curious)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic