NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NE Ohio CCFan Get Together Aug 5th - 7th

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NE Ohio CCFan Get Together Aug 5th - 7th
    Posted: June-11-2011 at 1:24pm
I'm thinking about putting together an informal gathering of CCFans in the NE Ohio area. Maybe meet up at Berlin Lake, Salt Fork or even Portage. I would like to put this out there to see what kind of interest there is and how many we could get together. Since I've never put any kind of event together I am open to all ideas, suggestions and recommendations.

First thing we need to do is nail down a weekend and location. I am thinking about the weekend before the official GL CCfan reunion which would be July 9-10. Berlin Lake has a campground that I think could accommodate our group and would not have any problem with us drinking late into the night.

Philabauns at Berlin Lake

Let me know what you think. Like I said I am open to all ideas, suggestions and recommendations, so lets hear them! I will bring a grill and some chicken, burgers, dogs.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2011 at 1:42pm
We would certainly try to get out there Randy but anything before GL is out for us. Our summers so darn filled up anything would be a stretch for us but pick a date and put it out there. That campground looks pretty sweet.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2011 at 2:03pm
The reason I suggested the weekend before GL I was hoping to talk others into attending the GL reunion!

Looking forward to seeing you at GL Alan!
82wake2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2011 at 10:45pm
I would be game. Once I fix my gas leak.
Joe
1982 ski nautique 2001
"Lady of the Wake"
82wake2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2011 at 2:13pm
I have lived in Rootstown my entire life and have never seen that campground....
Joe
1982 ski nautique 2001
"Lady of the Wake"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2011 at 3:26pm
Joe,
It's right off of 224 in Deerfield. I only suggested it because I've been there a couple times and I know they allow alcohol. It's on the water and they have a ramp too. When we camp out at Berlin we usually go to the Mill Creek Campground which is run by the Army Corps of Engineers. It's a nice campground but they have a No alcohol policy because it's a state park. Now, I usually enjoy a few cold ones in the evening, but I keep everything wrapped up in one of my CCFan coozies I've never had an issue, but then it's just my wife and I and the kids. I worry that if there is a larger gathering it may cause more attention.

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 12:09pm
Randy,
I think my wife and I could make it. May even bring some friends! I also have another friend that has a 99 nautique and Ill see if he wants to come, I dont think he is on the site.
Also as much as I want to go to GL I dont you are gonna talk me into it.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 5:04pm
There is a decent chance you could get me down there.. although certainly not the weekend between the holiday weekend and the GL reunion.. it would be a logistical nightmare for me. Iaughtnaut is also in that neighboorhood somewhere iirc.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 7:08pm
I think Joe makes a good point. It may be a logistical nightmare for those who are attending GL and with the holiday weekend before... I want as fans to attend as possible. I think we may be better off with a date in August. How about August 26th - 28th?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

How about August 26th - 28th?

You mean the same weekend as the northeast reunion?
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 7:16pm
We will most likely try to make plans to be there, any date is good for us unless something comes up. I will have my social event coordinator put it on the calendar when a final date is set.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2011 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Iaughtnaut is also in that neighboorhood somewhere iirc.

Randy, Joe's right, I'm downtown Cleveland.

I'm in. Date and place is really of no consequence for me. I was starting to get bummed because I don't think I'll be able to make Green Lake, this sounds like just what I need to get my summer back online.

I will also volunteer to help you with the organization, coordination, and setup, whatever you need. I went to college right by Berlin so I'm pretty familiar with the area. I'll keep actively following this thread, but if you want to email me or call me directly, feel free.

adam.deen@penske.com

And if and when (hopefully when) this goes down, I'll make sure my whole crew rolls in...it'll be a good time for all!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 10:49am
Nail down a date and I'll try to adjust my schedule to attend.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 1:16pm
Who's in charge of Tshirts?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

How about August 26th - 28th?

You mean the same weekend as the northeast reunion?

Damn it! I missed that.

Ok, How about the weekend of August 12-14? Any weekend In August would work for me but I don't want to have in on the same weekend as an official Reunion.

Let's hold off on the T-shirts. This is just a "get together" not a CCF sanctioned reunion
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 2:48pm
I have a canoe race on the 14th.. don't laugh it involves a big party.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 3:44pm

I have a canoe race on the 14th.. don't laugh it involves a big party.

HAHA...Joe, is there anything you won't race? I hope for your friends sake that you never live in a building with an elevator!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 3:54pm
Seen that pic in the CT thread last night Larry LMAO!   Great idea, maybe we can do T's...
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

Caption at the bottom reads "First annual unofficial NE Ohio "get together" not reunion".
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

HAHA...Joe, is there anything you won't race? I hope for your friends sake that you never live in a building with an elevator!

If it involves water there is a fair chance I have or will race it in some manner.

Threadjack: BTW Adam, you mentioned possibly making your way up here for a weekend this summer. The weekend of that race is always a good time. If it looks like I am going to need to be competitive then it slows down my watersports and partying on saturday a bit.. but Sunday always more than makes up for it. The race is centered around the park at the end of the lake and the party afterwards stretches from park out through the sandbar.. there are usually 2000 racers and at least that many spectators/partiers.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 5:00pm

Threadjack: BTW Adam, you mentioned possibly making your way up here for a weekend this summer.

I absolutely want to make the trip at some point, but haven't thought about timing at all.

That weekend might be tough for me as well, both for a gathering, or a trip to NY, I got a buddy getting married on the 12th. If we do the NE Ohio thing that weekend it won't be a big deal, I can just pop over to that (I think it's in Stow or Hudson anyway), and come back to the campground later, but it would probably be too tight to try to get to your place for the canoe party.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Iaughtnaut is also in that neighboorhood somewhere iirc.

Randy, Joe's right, I'm downtown Cleveland.

I'm in. Date and place is really of no consequence for me. I was starting to get bummed because I don't think I'll be able to make Green Lake, this sounds like just what I need to get my summer back online.

I will also volunteer to help you with the organization, coordination, and setup, whatever you need. I went to college right by Berlin so I'm pretty familiar with the area. I'll keep actively following this thread, but if you want to email me or call me directly, feel free.

And if and when (hopefully when) this goes down, I'll make sure my whole crew rolls in...it'll be a good time for all!

Thanks for the offer Adam. I'll probably be getting in touch with you.

We can pull this off! but we need to nail down a date first!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 3:04am
Aug 12 - 14 seems to be bad for Adam and Joe.

let's take a vote. Which weekend works best for those interested?

July 29 - 31

Aug 5 - 7

Aug 12 - 14

Aug 19 - 21

Any of these dates work for me. I know we probably won't be able to choose a date that works for everyone, but I would like to pick the date that works best for the largest number of people.

We need to pick a date by this weekend.   
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 9:57am
I'm good with either Aug 5-7 or Aug 19-21.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 11:09am
I am partial to the 5th through 7th as it stands now
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 12:38pm
Wow, this might be a CCFan get-together that I can make it to. I'm looking at a vendor in the Akron area, so I can make it "work" related.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Wow, this might be a CCFan get-together that I can make it to. I'm looking at a vendor in the Akron area, so I can make it "work" related.

That's the spirit, call it work! haha

The 12-14th is the only weekend that I have anything in July or August, so any other weekend I'll be there.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 4:01pm
Joe, Hope you are able to make it. My boy's think you're the coolest!

Steve, that would be great! What week are you planning on being in Akron?

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Steve,
You are from white lake! I bought my nautique from a guy who lives in white lake. Maybe we can have a white lake boats only dock!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic